Download MX Player for Windows 11/10 PC & Laptop
Because of its ease of use and functionalities, the Android-based MX Player has gained over 280 million users globally. Recently, the demand for this app soared sharply as VLC had been banned in India, which also drove people to look for MX Player for Windows 11/10 to replace VLC on computers. If you also have such a need, you can download MX Player for Windows 11/10 PC by following this guide.
Hot search: PLAYit for PC Download | Features & Bugs >>
Table of Contents
5KPlayer – Best Free Alternative to MX Player for Windows 11/10/8/7 PC Download
Official MX Player for PC and laptop is a problematic version and is only available in Windows 8.1 or higher. If your MX Player is not playing on Windows 11/10/7 and can’t play 4K videos, you can download 5KPlayer – a 4K video player for PC & Mac to play multimedia files smoothly.
Part 1. How to Free Download MX Player for Windows 11/10 PC?
In the market, there are mainly two methods to download and install MX Player on Windows 11/10 PC - downloading the official version and use emulator to download.
Method 1. Download MX Player for PC Version in Microsoft Store.
- Download MX Player PC in Microsoft Store: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/9NBLGGH0X330?hl=en-us&gl=US
- OS: Windows 8.1 or higher
- Architecture: X86 ARM
When the official developer of MX Player saw the requests for the MX Player PC Windows version, they decided to publish MX Player for PC for users to free download. Now, MX Player PC free download is officially available for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 in the Microsoft Store.
Step 1. Go to Microsoft Store, and search for MX Player.
Step 2. Download MX Player on your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10/11 PC, install and launch it. Then, you can play videos with it.
Step 3. If you want to set MX Player as the default media player for your Windows PC, you can go to Control Panel > Settings and make it default for all file extensions.
Note: It seems the official PC version of MX Player in Microsoft Store sucks. Some people complained that this MX Player is not working, crashes every time when adding a folder to watch a video, and sometimes it cannot add new folders. So, there is another way to download MX Player for PC and use in case needed.
Method 2. Download MX Player for PC through BlueStacks Emulator.
- Download MX Player in BlueStacks: https://www.bluestacks.com/
- OS: Windows 7 or later; macOS Sierra or later
- Architecture: x86-64 ARM
BlueStack is a legal and safe emulator for both PC and Mac users to use Android apps on their computers. If your PC meets the requirement of 4GB of RAM slammed into a PC running on Windows 7 and above with an Intel or AMD processor, you can use this way to get MX Player for Windows 11/10/8/7 PC and laptop.
Step 1. Go to BlueStacks official website, download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
Step 2. Once installed, complete Google sign-in to access the Play Store.
Step 3. Look for MX Player in the search bar at the top right corner.
Step 4. Click to install MX Player for PC from the search results.
Step 5. Click the MX Player icon on the home screen to start playing your videos.
Note: This is not a perfect way either. You may encounter "Graphic Card not Supported" or "Can’t install BlueStacks" issue during installation. If you have tried the mentioned two ways to download a disappointing MX Player for PC, you may turn to the best alternative to MX Player for PC – 5KPlayer.
Part 2. MX Player on PC Features and Bugs
Besides being available on iOS and Android as an offline video player, MX Player PC is also available on the web as an OTT platform in India that you can use to watch shows online directly on PC.
To use MX Player for PC and laptop as the offline video player on Windows PC, you can have the following features.
- Adds a video folder to play.
- Plays multiple videos and soundtracks: MX Player PC supports almost all popular file formats, including playing MP4, MKV, MOV, SWF, etc. By downloading EAC3 codec for MX Player, you can also enjoy movies with AC3, DTS, and TrueHD sound effects.
- Changes aspect ratio: Default, 1:1, 4:3, 16:9, 16:10, 2.21:1, 2.35:1, 2.39:1, 5:4.
- Turns on Hardware Acceleration when playing CPU-occupying videos.
- Synchronizes the track during playing.
- Subtitles support: With this feature, you can download and add subtitles to videos, and also customize the texts. Also, you can use this feature to slide over a video to change it to the next one.
- Kid lock feature: This feature let users who have kids lock the screen while watching any video.
- Customizes screen: Screen directions, traveling position, current time, color display, placed at the bottom of the screen rotate button, current time in the title bar and the remaining time display, start-up interface display.
- Navigation: Navigation speed, move forward/back buttons period, moving interval, previous/next video button displays the current position of the moving position.
- Resume playback, rename the file, show Thumbnails, group by folder, etc.
- Free version of MX player has loads of ads.
- EAC3 codec for audio playback is missing.
- Frame lags appear occasionally.
- Keeps freezing while playing HD videos.
Part 3. How to Solve MX Player PC not Working on Windows 11/10?
As mentioned, you can’t use the official MX Player PC version on Windows 7 or Windows 11. Also, there are many errors you may encounter no matter you use which way mentioned above. For example, MX Player can’t read video files; MX Player can’t download subtitles of some movies; MX Player plays videos without sound; MX Player can’t play 4K videos on PC smoothly; and so on.
If you are confused by these video not playing issues, you can try the following ways.
Method 1. Convert Videos to MX Player-supported Formats
Some videos can’t be played with MX Player for PC as the video or codec is not compatible, such as the lack of EAC3 codec for MX Player. To solve the issue caused by codec incompatibility or missing, you can just use a video converter to convert videos to MX Player PC-compatible ones. And here, we take WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe as an example to show you how-to.
Step 1. Free download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, install and launch it on your Windows PC.
Step 2. Click on the +Video button to add the video that can’t be played by MX Player on PC.
Step 3. When the Output Profile window pops up, you are suggested to choose MP4 (aac h264) as the best output format.
Step 4. Optionally, if your video is high in video resolution, you can click the Settings icon to adjust the video resolution, such as 4K to 1080p. BTW, you can also change video/audio codec here.
Step 5. After that, simply choose a destination folder to save the converted file. Then, hit RUN button to start converting a video for MX Player to play on Windows 11/10 PC smoothly.
Method 2. Turn to MX Player PC Alternative
As always, VLC should be the best choice to be the alternative to MX Player for Windows 11/10. However, as it got banned in some regions, you may need other choices. Here, 5KPlayer is introduced to help play videos, movies, and music on PC totally for free.
5KPlayer is a Hardware-accelerated free multi-media player dedicated in 4K Ultra HD video playback on both Mac and Windows PC. You can use it to play AV1, H.265/H.264, VP8/9, WebM, MP4, MKV, FLV, MOV, etc. files and DVDs. Also, it plays internet radio, M3U8/IPTV stream, MP3, APE, FLAC, AAC and more. If needed, you can use it as a video cutter to cut videos, AirPlay server to AirPlay iPhone iPad to PC, DLNA streamer to stream video music across platforms, and video downloader to download videos from 300+ sites.
Part 4. MX Player for PC FAQs
1. Is MX Player available for PC?
Yes. MX Player official developer has released an MX Player PC version for users who need it. However, this MX Player PC can only be used on Windows 8.1 or higher PC and laptop.
2. Is MX Player free for Windows 10?
Yes. You can free download MX Player for Windows 10 PC to play some media files. To unlock advanced features and remove ads, you need to upgrade to pro version of MX Player on Windows 10.
3. Is MX Player available for Windows 11?
Yes. The official MX Player PC app is available for Windows 8.1 or higher, which means you can use the player on Windows 11. However, the playback experience sucks that many people have turned to an alternative.
4. Is MX Player available for Mac?
No. There is no Mac version for MX Player. If you need one, you have to download MX Player for Mac alternative to play video music on your Mac computer.