Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
To play any region locked DVD, click: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
I bought a region 2 LG Region Free DVD player (DP132) that claimed to be able to play any DVD from any country. However, I got the error "check regional code" when I played discs from the US.
Many users complain that LG DVD players even programmed for all regions don't truly play any region locked DVDs. If you LG DVD player refuses to play discs from other regions, you can unlock it and make it multi-region. Here is how.
LG DVD Player Region Code Unlock Steps
1. Turn your LG DVD player on. Make sure there's no disc in the tray.
2. Open the DVD tray by pressing EJECT on the DVD remote.
3. Press the STOP button, then hold the ENTER button for at least 5 seconds until a new screen shows up (Regional Management Test Code).
4. On the new screen, change the region code to make your LG DVD player region free.
5. Press the PAUSE button to save the setting and exit.
If the above instruction doesn't work for your model, try the following steps.
1. Power on the LG DVD player without any disc inside.
2. Press the PAUSE button and enter the code 314159.
3. Enter the region you want to set up.
4. Press Pause to exist.
5. Turn off the DVD player and turn on again.
Some models require burning a CD. Below are the instructions.
1. Create a file LG36868.IMG. The file should be not empty.
2. Burn the file to a blank CD.
3. Insert the burned CD into your LG DVD player you'd like to unlock.
4. Play the CD and you will see a region management menu.
5. Enter 0 and press Pause to exit.
To unlock other DVD players produced by Samsung, Sony, Philips, Toshiba, Panasonic, etc. check the guide to making DVD players region free.
It's most likely that methods for hacking and unlocking different models are different, and the region unlocking codes are not the same. If you are struggling with changing LG DVD player region code to region free, use a much easier method - bypass the region code of your DVDs and make them playable on laptop, TV, etc. without region limits. All you need is a robust DVD region removal tool, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Bypass Region Code for Playing DVDs from Any Region
- Auto bypass DVD region code for region free DVD playback.
- Digitize DVDs to MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. and let you play DVDs without a DVD Player.
- Get rid of other DVD protection, such as Disney X-project DRM, CSS, Sony ARccOS, and more.
- Support TV series on DVDs, new releases, workout DVDs, Japanese DVDs, damaged DVDs, etc.
- No.1 fast speed, high quality, ease of use.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to bypass region code
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to bypass region code
It's quite easy to get rid of the DVD region code. Just insert your DVD into the drive, load the disc, select format, and click the RUN button. You can convert region code DVDs to MP4, or other formats for playing requiring no DVD player on your TV, computer, Xbox, iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices, etc. Note that region code is removed from the digital copies, but it still exists on the physical DVD discs.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate removing region code from DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.