DVD to Digital – Liberate Movie from Disc & Watch It Anywhere
DVD is fading away...
TV binge-watchers and movie fans have changed the way they enjoy videos from in-home DVD player & TV combo to on-the-go mobiles. Discs just feel like a waste of space and a thing of inconvenience when streaming digital content via media servers across TVs, mobiles, consoles, etc. becomes so much easier. Even major hardware manufacturers are actively encouraging DVD consumers to go towards digital:
Users of new Macs are left with no options to insert and play a DVD on the computer unless they pay extra on an external disc drive since Apple no longer produces Mac with CD/DVD drive since the discontinuity of non-Retina legacy MacBook Pro.
Microsoft killed the disc drive with Xbox One S All-Digital Edition to make gamers go from disc to digital.
Windows Media Center, the built-in way to burn CD/DVD on Windows, has been discontinued from Windows 10 and Microsoft no longer offers an official option to create disks.
Making digital copies gives DVD a second life
If you don't want to leave your store-bought DVDs idle to gather dust and become obsolete and would like to prolong DVD life span, it's time to throw the physical discs away and embrace the digital trend. Affter you convert your DVD collection to MP4, H.264, ISO, HEVC, video, you can:
Freely watch DVD movies on Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, iPhone, Android, PC/Mac or upload digital DVD copies to web or cloud services.
Get rid of DVD won't play on PC problem due to faulty DVD player, different regions, wrong connection, TV settings, etc.
Easily access the MP4, ISO, movie videos on the hard drive anytime and anywhere without the hassle to bring piles of discs or disk drives.
Save a digital copy in case the discs are damaged or the disc drives are gone...
Which is the best DVD to digital converter that offers no quality loss & high compatibility with NAS, Plex, TV, hard drive, mobiles, etc.?
To convert DVD to HD digital copy file easily, simply try:
Free movies from physical discs to digital video formats for easier playback on mobiles, Plex, NAS, Xbox, computer, hard drive, etc. Turn all Disney DVDs, new & old discs, protected/region-code DVD, and family discs to digital. Get the DVD ripper and convert as many DVDs as you need without limits. No $2-$5 fee each conversion. No internet required.
Please DO Not use WinX DVD Ripper to rip rental DVDs.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
Strapped for time? Click one of the links below to jump straight to your most interested part.
Disc to Digital Services sound good, really?
Google results may recommend services like Vudu or Movies Anywhere to convert physical DVD collections to digital files. Simply get an account > download the app on mobiles/desktop > scan the barcodes > pay for the convert (check for detailed steps to digitize a DVD). Sounds easy. But there are a few caveats you should know.
- Another $2-$5 required each disc to video copy. Think if you have a large DVD library of thousands of titles.
- Can't convert all DVDs into digital. First, only DVDs from partnering studios are compatible with D2D. E.g., you can't convert Disney DVDs to digital files with Vudu, or convert homemade discs to digital files using Vudu. Second, D2D services don't "convert" discs. They simply provide a digital copy if it's in their library. That means you can convert any homemade DVDs.
- No control on the output quality. Sometimes there is SD version available only and you can't do anything to improve the quality.
- No physical ownership. Some services allow you to download the converted DVD video for viewing offline, but you don't really own it. You cancel the membership, you lose the movies.
- Data Throttling. Online DVD to digital converter services provide digital files via the internet connection, which can be capped soon.
- Region limitations. The major D2D services are open to the US only. Other regions can't take advantage of them.
- Intricate errors. The process can be fraught with issues that are difficult to deal with, for example, can't find any titles in the cart, location doesn't match billing address, can't read barcode, operation timeout, etc.
In a word, disc to digital services are a good choice for those who would like to digitize relatively small and new DVD collection. You may want a program to create high-quality disc to digital copy without extra fee each time, full control on the output video, and freedom to use the digital copies anywhere. Keep reading.
Convert DVD to Digital Files without Quality Loss
To make a full video copy of a disc without limits, try the reliable DVD ripper - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
• Convert disc to digital copies MP4, MKV, AVI, HEVC, MOV, ISO image, etc. in 1:1 ratio with full subtitles, audio tracks, native resolutions.
• Digitize DVD discs for NAS, Plex, TV, phones, tablets, hard drive, PC/Mac, YouTube, iTunes, cloud, etc. with high quality & small size.
• Remove ads/trailers, select subtitles/languages, improve quality, adjust settings (resolution, frame rate, 4:3/16:9 aspect ratio, etc.)
• Convert DVDs protected by all region codes (1-6), CSS, AACS (2.0), RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, etc., transfer Disney DVDs to digital, copy old DVDs, homemade discs, scratched/damaged DVDs, without DVD not reading, no disc found, DVD analyze failure errors.
• No.1 fast DVD to digital conversion - Level-3 Hardware Acceleration delivers 5x faster speed (digitize the main title in 5 minutes only).
How to Convert DVD Disc to Digital File in MP4, H.264, HEVC, MKV, AVI, ISO, etc.
Download and install the DVD disc to digital converter on PC (10 or earlier) or Mac (Mojave or earlier). No internet required for the conversion.
Free download Windows version
Free download Mac version
Step 1: Load the source DVD disc.
Run this DVD digital converter, click "DVD Disc" button and the movie info will load. It's a strong DVD video decoder for any disc. Even when you want to copy Disney DVD to digital file, it will auto check the right movie title. To select specific subtitle, click the Subtitle Disabled
Step 2: Set the output digital video file format.
In the pop-up output profile window, you can see all popular formats devices divided into various categories.
Which is the best format for DVD Disc to Digital?
• To save a digital copy of DVDs on the computer, you can backup DVD disc to MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV (Windows 10 already supported);
• To play DVD movie on Apple TV/iPhone/iPad/Mac and other Apple devices, choose to digitize DVD to MP4, MOV, M4V;
• To watch DVDs on Android/Xbox/PS4, convert DVD to MP4, H.264, 3GP, WebM, MKV;
• To copy DVD disc to digital files on the hard drive or other storage in 1:1 with all intact DVD videos/audios/subtitles, copy DVD to ISO Image or VIDEO_TS folder.
The most commonly-used DVD movie digital format is MP4, as it works well with almost all players, mobiles, NAS, Plex, web sites, cloud services, etc. with good compression and excellent quality. So here we take ripping DVD to MP4 digital video file as an example. Click under the directory: General Profiles - MP4 Video. Then click "OK".
Step 3: Start the DVD disc to digital conversion.
Click "Browse" to set a folder to store the digital movie video ripped from DVD, and "RUN" to begin converting transfer DVD to video copy files in MP4. If you meet problems in the DVD conversion, choose 'Safe Mode' to rip any DVD smoothly.
Before creating a digital copy of DVD movie, you can click the Settings icon to adjust the video/audio settings, for instance, adjust output file bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, sample rate, etc.. You can also click "Edit" to add subtitles, adjust the volume, crop & expand the video to remove black bars, trim the video to rip episode from DVD if the TV series are combined into a single file.
Video Tutorial to Turn DVD to Digital Format with High Quality
Why is WinX the Best Method for Disc-to-Digital Task?
--- You can Convert Protected DVD to Digital Faster with Higher Quality
When creating DVD digital copies, can users convert old/protected disc to digital files without error, can the digital copies deliver the same pleasant playback and can the DVD to digital transfer done fast are the most concerned factors. That's why DVD ripping software is better than Disc-to-Digital services.
No.1 decrypting ability - WinX DVD Ripper will digitize almost all DVDs, incl. discs with CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney X-project DRM, DVD region codes, old DVD collections, family video DVD, scratched discs, etc. So you can digitize any DVDs you throw at it, without being limited to the library like Vudu. Furthermore, it gets monthly upgrades to support the latest DVD encryptions that 95% of the tools on the market fail to handle. You can digitize protected DVDs without errors like Handbrake No valid title found, not showing title, crashes/quit...
No.1 DVD digitizing speed -Thanks to the multi-core CPU, Hyper-Threading tech and advanced Level-3 Hardware Acceleration tech (hardware decoding, hardware processing, and hardware encoding) based on Intel QSV, NVIDIA (CUDA) NVENC and AMD, it has the fastest DVD to digital converting speed. That's about 5x faster than others. On an advanced computer, it needs 5 minutes only to copy a DVD to digital mp4/mpeg.
No.1 output quality - The ISO image option is for those who want 100% quality reserved. For other digital videos, users will get about 98% output quality. This is guaranteed by its DVD copy, high quality engine, and deinterlacing techs. The Safe Mode is a proven option to not only eliminate any converting problem but also avoid any quality errors like stutters, dropped frame rates, video/audio out of sync, blocky image, etc.
Free Download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to Convert DVD to Digital Videos!
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Still have trouble about converting DVD disc to digital on Windows (10)/Mac? Just Email Us