How to Make DVD Players Multi-region and Play Any Region DVDs
Region code is used to stop users from playing DVDs from other geographical regions. To make your DVD player region free or multi-region, you can hack it. Most DVD players are hackable, including Toshiba DVD players that are famous for inability to unlock. Sony, Samsung, and Philips are easy to handle, but some of them require extra steps, such as a firmware update for playing any region DVD without changing region code on DVD players, or burning a CD image to a disk. There are tons of DVD player models and the hacking process varies. Use the following steps if you want to make your DVD player region free.
Make All DVDs Region Free for Easy Playback on any DVD Player
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Convert any region-locked DVD to region free videos easily!
- Bypass DVD region code (1-6) unlimitedly and remove protections like Disney X-project, 99-title, Sony ARccoS, Lionsgate obfuscation playlist, bad sector, UOPs, CSS, or CRC, etc. No libdvdcss is needed.
- Convert region-locked DVDs to region-free ISO image, MP4, MOV, H264, HEVC, MKV, MPEG, VOB...
- Freely play DVDs with any region on DVD Players, PS4/PS5, Xbox, TVs, PC/Mac, etc. without region limits or region code breaks.
- Unlock DVD region codes within 5 minutes. GPU-accelerated DVD to MP4 converting speed.
Video Tutorial on How to Unlock DVD Region Codes
Table of Contents
Part 1. Guide to Hacking DVD Players and Region Unlock Codes
How to make Samsung DVD Player region free?
Step 1. Open and close the DVD tray without disk.
Step 2. When the info "No Disc" message pops up, press 29334 (region 1). Note that the unlock code for DVD player from different regions are different. For example, the code for Samsung DVD player bought in Australia won't work for players from Canada.
Step 3. Press 9 to make the Samsung DVD player multi-region.
List of unlocking codes for different regions:
- Region 1: 29334
- Region 2: 57538 (or 38767)
- Region 3: 56732
- Region 4: 76884
- Region 5: 53814
- Region 6: 24462
How to make Sony DVD Player region free
Step 1. Power DVD player off. Make sure there's no disc in the player.
Step 2. Type in 12345 on the DVD remote control.
Step 3. As soon as the No Disc message appears, press 12345 again.
Step 4. Now the DVD player should be region free, and you won't receive error message "Playing of This Disc Prohibited by Area Limits" or the likes.
How to make Toshiba DVD Player region free
Step 1. Open the disc tray.
Step 2. Type in 2403960.
Step 3. Press ENTER.
Step 4. Turn the player off.
How to make Philips DVD Player region free
Step 1. Make sure there's no disc in the tray.
Step 2. Press HOME on the Philips DVD player remote control.
Step 3. Type in 1389310. Now it will allow all regions to play.
How to make Panasonic DVD Player region free
Step 1. Turn on the DVD player (without a disk in it).
Step 2. Press 1234567890 on the player remote.
Step 3. The DVD player will be region free after resetting.
How to make LG DVD Player region free
Step 1. Create a folder Violet0000 and a subfolder Rubicon in it. Download the MontBlanc.txt and save it in the subfolder as a .dvd file.
Step 2. Put the folder to a CDR burner software, insert the CDR into the LG DVD player.
Step 3. As soon as a black menu screen shows up, select 0 for the LG DVD player multi-region.
Different models have different methods for removing the DVD region code. VideoHelp forum offers detailed and updated ways to hack DVD players manufactured by Sony, Panasonic, Philips, LG, Samsung, Sylvania, Magnavox, and more.
How to make your laptop DVD player region free
Step 1. Locate a region-free patched firmware to replace the current firmware in your DVD-ROM drive. You can get the latest region free firmwares and tools here.
Step 2. If you can find a region-free firmware for your DVD drive, apply it.
Step 3. After applying the region-free firmware, you can download the CDDVDInfo program to check if your DVD-ROM drive is already region free or not.
Step 4. Let Windows re-install your DVD-ROM drive. Click on the "Start" button -> "Settings" -> "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Device Manager" -> "CDROM" -> delete/remove the item associated with your DVD-ROM drive. Restart your computer (Windows will now automatically re-detect your DVD-ROM drive - you may need your Windows setup files/CD).
Step 5. Re-install your software DVD player.
Not every DVD player can be altered to multi-region and sometimes you have to wait until someone shared a region free firmware for your DVD drive. Some hacks are complicated processes that require time and patience. But here is a more stable DVD region code removal tool - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. It will save the hassle of hacking it or seeking for the right DVD player region unlock code and region-free firmware for DVD drive.
Part 2. How to Make DVDs Region Free for All DVD Players
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - 100% Make All Your DVDs Region Free
It requires 3 easy steps only to bypass region codes. You don't need to seek the region code hacks for a specific DVD player model on various forums. There is no complicated process at all.
- Insert the DVD into the disc drive of your computer and launch the DVD ripper. Click the "DVD Disc" button and the DVD ripper will automatically detect the region-locked DVD.
- It will then start to analyze and remove the region codes as well as other copy protections like Sony ArccOS, UOPs, CSS, Disney X Project, etc. Once finished, it will pop up an output window to let you select an output format.
- After you choose the output format, edit and adjust the ripping settings if necessary. Then click the big Run button. Several minutes later, it will generate a region-free MP4 video or other file based on your choice. You can then play the region-free video on any DVD player freely.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.