Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
To play any region locked DVD, click: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
Among a list of error codes and messages when playing a DVD disc on Sony DVD player, Playing Of This Disc Prohibited By Area Limits error is a frequently asked one. We can find a clue from the error message - it is a region code error just like Wrong Region error and Incompatible Region Code. The error occurs when the region code on the DVD is not the same as that of the Sony DVD player. However, we can't find any specific solution from this error message for failed DVD playback. Sony only explains the error on its official support page without any troubleshooting tip. Luckily, here are some easy methods.
Ways to Get Around the Error: Playing Of This Disc Prohibited By Area Limits
1. Use another DVD player that matches the DVD disc.
2. Buy region coded DVD discs from the same region.
3. Hack your Sony DVD Player and make it region free. Let your Sony DVD player be on stand by mode. Press Top Menu, CLEAR button, then the Power button. Choose Option 2 Drive Manual Operation, then Option 4 Tray Aging Mode. Type in 12450, then press ENTER, type in 0000 and press Enter again. Turn the player off and turn it on. Now, your Sony DVD player should be region free. The method, however, doesn't work for all models. Some models are hard to hack.
Removing DVD region code protection is a good way to go to avoid such region code error. All you need is a region code removal program like WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. It converts region coded DVDs to region free digital copies formatted MP4, AVI, MOV, or other formats, meaning that you can play DVDs from all over the world needless of a DVD player. There's no Playing Of This Disc Prohibited By Area Limits error anymore in this way.
To resolve the error, download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - It enables you to,
- Convert DVDs from any region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
- Rip DVDs protected by Disney DRM, CSS, UOPs, Sony ARccOS, and more.
- Digitize DVDs to MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, etc. for playback without a DVD player.
- Handle any type of DVDs, including damaged DVDs, new movies on DVDs, 99-title DVDs, etc.
- Get perfect quality with No.1 fast processing speed.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to get region free DVD copies
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to get region free DVD copies
The region code is automatically removed from the DVD digital copies requiring no third-party help. But the region code on the physical discs is not affected.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate removing region code from DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.