Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
To play region locked DVDs, click: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
I bought some legally bought DVDs, however, it says the DVD is the wrong region. The error doesn't happen to all DVDs. What's wrong?
What does wrong region mean on a DVD player? DVD players only play DVDs encoded to the same region. For example, if you play DVDs purchased from Australia (Region 4) in Canada (Region 1), you will receive such an error message. Sony DVD Player error - Playing of This Disc Prohibited by Area Limits is also such kind of region error. Here are several ways to get rid of the wrong region error on DVD players.
Ways to Play DVDs without Wrong Region Error
1. Change the region of the DVD player to match the DVD. But it will be locked permanently after you reach the limit of region changes (usually 5).
2. Hack your DVD player to make it region free for playing DVDs from any region. Most DVD players produced by Sony, Toshiba, LG, Samsung, Philips, etc. are hackable. It requires time. Different models have different hacking methods and unlock codes.
3. Switch your DVD player to a region-free one or one that is the same region on the DVD. However, it is not recommended since there are other cheaper solutions. 4. Buy a different DVD that is made for the DVD player region.
4. Buy a different DVD that is made for the DVD player region.
5. Download a reliable DVD ripping program, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, to convert region locked DVDs to region free. In this way, you can bypass DVDs from any region (1-6) and play DVDs without region limits. Moreover, DVDs will be digitized to MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. video format, allowing you to play any region DVDs conveniently without DVD players anywhere.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Solve Wrong Region Error Easily
- Automatically bypass region code and convert DVDs (Region 1-6) to region free.
- Digitize DVDs to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. for easier playback requiring no DVD player.
- Handle any DVDs, including TV series, workout DVDs, new releases, damaged DVDs, and more.
- Also rip DVDs protected by CSS, UOPs, Disney DRM, Sony ARccOS, and more.
- Easy to use, high speed, nearly original quality.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to get rid of Wrong Region error
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to get rid of Wrong Region error.
Use the following steps to turn your DVDs to region free quickly. No more DVD player, no more wrong region error.
Step 1. Insert your region coded DVDs into your DVD drive, and open the software. Click the Disc icon on the top and select the Disc to load. The DVD will be loaded immediately.
Step 2. The Output Profile window should appear. You can digitize DVDs to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. video format, or backup DVDs.
Step 3. Click the RUN button to start processing and ripping DVDs. The output file is region free and playback without a DVD player. Note that region code is not removed from the original DVD discs.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate removing region code from DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.