To play region locked DVDs, click: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
I want to play some DVDs but when I insert it to my hardware, the DVD player says the DVD is the wrong region. The error doesn't happen to my other DVDs. What's wrong?
What does wrong region mean on a DVD player? DVD players only play DVDs encoded to the same region. For example, if you play DVDs purchased from Australia (Region 4) in Canada (Region 1), you will receive such an error message. Sony DVD Player error - Playing of This Disc Prohibited by Area Limits is also such kind of region error. Here are several ways to get rid of the wrong region error on DVD players.
How to Fix Wrong Region Error on DVD Player
1. Change the region of the DVD player to the right region code of the DVD. But the DVD player will be locked to the last set region permanently after you reach the limit of region changes (usually 5).
2. Most DVD players produced by Sony, Toshiba, LG, Samsung, Philips, etc. are hackable. Hack your DVD player to make it region free for playing DVDs from any region. But it requires some time. Different models have different hacking methods and unlock codes.
3. Switch your DVD player to a region-free player or buy a DVD player that is the same region on the DVD. However, it is not recommended since there are other cheaper solutions.
4. Buy a different DVD version that is made from the same region of the DVD player.
5. Download a reliable DVD ripping program, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, to convert region locked DVDs to region free. In this way, you can bypass DVDs from any region (1-6) and play DVDs without wrong region errors on DVD players any more. Moreover, DVDs will be digitized to MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. video format, allowing you to play any region DVDs conveniently without DVD players anywhere.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Solve Wrong Region Error Easily
- Automatically bypass region code and convert DVDs (Region 1-6) to region free.
- Digitize DVDs to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. for easier playback requiring no DVD player.
- Handle any DVDs, including TV series, workout DVDs, new releases, damaged DVDs, and more.
- Also rip DVDs protected by CSS, UOPs, Disney DRM, Sony ARccOS, and more.
- Easy to use, high speed, nearly original quality.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to get rid of Wrong Region error
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to get rid of Wrong Region error.
Use the following steps to turn your DVDs to region free quickly. No more DVD player, no more wrong region error.
Step 1. Insert your region coded DVDs into your DVD drive, and open the software. Click the Disc icon on the top and select the Disc to load. The DVD will be loaded immediately.
Step 2. The Output Profile window should appear. You can decrypt regional DVDs to region-free MP4 , AVI, MOV, etc. video format, or backup DVDs.
Step 3. Click the RUN button to start processing and ripping DVDs. The output file is region free and playback without a DVD player. Note that region code is not removed from the original DVD discs.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate removing region code from DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.