[Solved] How Do I Reduce the Size of A Big Video for Facebook
To upload a video to Facebook that's too big, you can upload it first to YouTube and then share the link on Facebook. Another way that makes sense is to reduce the video size down. Shortening the video length is a key to compress videos for Facebook without losing quality. You can also lower the resolution, bitrate, and frame rate down to successfully make your video smaller. You need a solid tool such as WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. Use the steps below to make the job down easily.
Table of Content
Part 1. Compress Videos for Facebook with Desktop Program
A top-rated video compression software, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is recommended for the job. Look at its features below and use the following guide to reduce video file size for uploading to Facebook fast and smoothly.
- No video size limit, 1GB, 3GB, 1TB, and even larger.
- 90% compression ratio thanks to intraframe and interframe coding algorithms and entropy encoding.
- No noticeable quality loss with the support of HQ engine and de-interlacing engine.
- Blazing fast processing speed with fully Intel/Nvidia/AMD GPU acceleration enabled, at least 5x faster than online tools.
- Trim videos, convert video formats, adjust video audio frame rate, bit rate, etc. to fit Facebook uploading.
How to Compress Video Size from GB to MB for Facebook Sharing
1. Free download the software and follow its on-screen instructions to install it. There are no ads, redirects, or additional programs. Run the program on your computer.
2. Click the "+Video" button on the top right and select the source video you want to shrink for Facebook. You can add multiple files at a time to process. It supports a wide range of video formats (MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, HEVC, VP9, H.264, to name a few) and 8K, 4K, HEVC footages.
3. Select an efficient video and audio codec format for a smaller size. When the video is loaded, an Output Profile window appears, choose MP4 Video (H.264, AAC), and click the OK button to save the setting and close the window.
4. Cut video length. Click the Edit button under the video info part, Select Trim to get video trimming option. Select "Enable Trim", set the start time and End Time, or drag the slider to the video section you want to keep. Click the Done button to save the change.
5. Lower down video resolution, bitrate, etc. On the video info window, click on the gear-shaped Settings button to get more options to adjust video and audio parameters for smaller file sizes. Also, set your video to fit Facebook uploading recommendations.
• Lower down video resolution. Click the Resolution drop-down icon and compress 4K to 1080p, 720p, etc.
• Decrease the video bit rate and frame rate. If you don't set the bit rate and frame rate properly, your video will be ruined. We don't suggest you to do so. Lowering down video resolution always affects video bit rate and frame rate. Click the OK button to save the settings.
6. Click the RUN button to start reducing video file size for Facebook sharing. In this way, you can even compress a 4K size video from GB to MB.
Part 2. Compress Videos for Facebook Free with Online Tool
There are tons of free online video compressors offering ways to reduce video size free online for Facebook Messenger/Stories/Ads/Cover, such as Clideo, ClipChamp, YouCompress, etc. Here we take Clideo as an example to show how to compress videos free online for Facebook. Free online tools are easy to use, steps to reduce video size are quite the same.
How to Reduce Video Size Online Free for Facebook with Clideo
- Open Clideo website, you should see a blue Choose file button. Click Choose file and specify a video file to compress.
- Wait for the video uploading process to finish. The time it takes depends on the file size and your internet connection speed.
- Click the Download button to save the compressed video file for Facebook to your device. The video has Clideo watermark on it.
Summary: We don't recommend you to do so if your video size is bigger than 500MB. Most online tools limit the source file size to 500MB and processing speed is deadly slow. We list top-rated free online tools' file size limits and video uploading speed. If you want to reduce video file size for Facebook fast without file size limit, try a solid video compression program like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
- clideo: max 500MB, 10 mins required for uploading a 100MB clip.
- clipchamp: unlimited 480p exports with a watermark.
- youcompress: max 500MB for MP4/MOV/AVI, 15 mins required for uploading a 100MB video, ads.
Part 3. Recommended Video File Size Specs for Uploading to Facebook
You should know all the Facebook video uploading requirements so that your video has the best watching experience. If your videos are too large, follow the guide above to compress videos for uploading to Facebook Stories/Ads/Instant fast and smoothly. Also learn how to change video size and dimensions to meet Facebook requirements.
- Facebook Stories - File Size: 4GB max, Video Length: 1-15 seconds, Video Size: 1080x1920, Aspect ratio: 1.91:1 - 9:16.
- Facebook 360 Video - File Size: 1-26GB, Video Length: 241 minutes max, Video Dimension: 120x120, Aspect ratio: 1:1 - 2:1.
- Facebook Ads: File Size: 4GB max, Video Length: 241 minutes max, Video Dimension: 120x120, Aspect ratio: 4:5.
- Facebook Instant Experience Video: 4GB max, Video Length: 120 seconds max, Video Aspect ratio: 9:1(Landscape), 1:1(Square).
Part 4. FAQs on Compressing Videos for Facebook
1. How do I compress a video for Facebook
Click the "+Video" button on the top right and select the source video you want to compress for Facebook. Choose an efficient video and audio codec format such as H.264 or HEVC, lower down video resolution, bitrate, and trim out unwanted parts of your video to make videos smaller for Facebook.
2. How can I post a large video on Facebook
To post a large video on Facebook without stuttering or freezing, reduce video size down first. With a solid video compression program like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, you can compress videos from GB to MB for Facebook.
3. What is the video size limit for FacebookFacebook supports video file size up to 10GB, and 240 minutes long. However, it may take a very long time to upload and the upload process gets stuck. Even if your video is less than 10GB, you'd better make the video smaller to ensure a smooth upload process and to save your time.