Unofficially revealed news (from AMD) says that Windows 10 will finally ship in late July. And as Microsoft announced before, Windows 7/8/8.1 users will be able to install Windows 10 for free during the first year. So will you, Windows 7 users, stick it out with your current OS rather than upgrade to new Windows 10 from Windows 7? Don't jump to a conclusion if you haven't read about Windows 10.
Before upgrading Win 7 to Win 10:
* Don't miss must-see video reviews of Windows 10;
* Get prepared for various installation/backup Windows 10 errors;
* Be armed with external DVD drive, Windows 10 DVD ripper or a 3rd-party Windows 10 DVD player, so that you can freely play DVD movies or rip DVDs to Windows 10, even if it does not support DVD files as what occurred to Windows 8;
Q - "I have windows 7 and am curious about Windows 10, but I'm wondering if upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, would all my files be deleted? I would like to keep my files/programs."
1. Windows 10 will be completely free for Windows 7 (and Windows 8/8.1) users for the first year after its release. So why not try installing Windows 10 on Windows 7 since it's cost-free? Aside from that, Windows 10 Technical Preview has been available for various platforms, including PC, phones (Windows phone, Nokia Lumia, HTC, etc), tablets and laptops;
2. Windows 10 deserves your download on Windows 7 for amazing new features, such as classic Start Menu, multiple desktops enabled, etc, which look too fantastic to let slip through your fingers;
3. Windows 7 users can easily install Windows 10 on existing hardware because of the nearly identical system requirements for the two OS.
Step 1: Make sure your Windows 7 meets the system requirements to upgrade to Win 10:
* Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
* RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
* Free hard disk space: 16 GB
* Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
* A Microsoft account and Internet access
Step 2: Three Ways to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 from DVD/USB/VirtualBox
Part I: How to install Windows 10 on Windows 7 using DVD?
1. Download Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO (64/32 bit) from Windows 10 download center;
2. Burn Windows 10 TP ISO to DVD via DVD burner or convert the ISO to a bootable USB;
>> How to burn Windows 10 ISO to DVD on Windows 7
3. Run the setup.exe file from DVD/USB -> accept the license terms -> select language, date, settings and click Next -> press button Install to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Your Windows settings, personal files and apps will be reserved).
Part II: How to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using VirtualBox?
1. Download Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft official download page;
2. Download & install VirtualBox (latest version 4.3.26 for Windows/Mac) -> tap the New button, fill in Name/Type/Version and click Continue -> allocate RAM (2GB is needed for x64 version);
3. Create a virtual drive (16 GB is recommended);
4. Go to Settings -> Storage -> choose Controller: IDE -> click Add CD/DVD button -> Choose disk, click to add the Windows 10 ISO and start the installation;
5. Click Install now and you'll be able to install Windows 10 on Windows 7 from VirtualBox.
You can get step-by-step guide from post "How to Install Windows 10 in a Virtual Machine on Windows/Mac/Linux".
Still have some trouble about upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10? Please feel free to Mail Us >>
Want to play DVD on Windows 10 or rip protected/region-locked DVD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7? Use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.