Free Download DVD Codec for Windows 10 to Play Any DVDs
Can't Play DVD on Windows 10? Free Download the DVD Codec to Have a Try!
Since Windows 10, people lose the DVD playback ability. So, how to fix the issue that Windows Media Player can't play DVD in Windows 10? Microsoft suggests users to install Windows DVD Player for $14.99. It's available free for a limited time for users upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate, Windows 8/8.1 with Windows Media Center. And worse still, you may also experience "Can't decode DVD" error on Windows 10 DVD Player or get error messages such as error code 0x80040287 and video could not be decoded. But by installing third-party DVD codecs, you can easily play DVDs on Windows 10.
You can Free Play DVDs on Windows 10 Without Extra DVD Codecs
5KPlayer – A 100% free & clean Windows 10 DVD player that can play all DVDs (incl. DVDs encrypted by all copy protection schemes/region codes), and 4K/8K/HD videos in any digital formats on Windows 10 without requiring additional DVD codecs.
Knowledge about DVD Codec
In order to play DVD on Windows 10, firstly you need to have the right DVD codecs installed. A codec is a piece of software which allows applications to read a video or audio format. Generally speaking, playing DVDs requires MPEG-2 video compression and Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio. This is because MPEG-2 codec is commonly used on standard commercial DVDs and Dolby Digital is the widely used audio standard for DVD. Other DVD codecs include: MP3, WMV, DivX, Xvid, etc.
Free Download DVD Codec for Windows 10
If DVD not playing on Windows 10 PC since the player (like VLC) lacks the desired codecs, don't despair. Just download the DVD codec for Windows 10 online. There are some free DVD codec packs:
● Media Player Codec Pack is a popular choice. It is free, and compatible with Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit, covering almost all codecs needed to play DVDs, videos and audios. Free download the DVD codec pack to Windows 10 from its official site or a third-party software download site.
● K-Lite Codec Pack is another free pack of DVD codecs for Windows 10. It supports the codecs essential for DVD playback on Windows 10 like MPEG-2 and Dolby Digital+, as well as various other codecs including MPEG4, H.264, H.265/HEVC, VP9/8, AC3, and more. It's free.
However, most people would rather use a Windows 10 media player coming with all DVD codecs than spend so much time and energy installing additional DVD codecs to an imperfect player.
Play Any DVD on Windows 10 Without Downloading DVD Codecs
Downloading and installing third-party DVD codecs on Windows 10 is complicated and can sometimes bring virus, malware to your computer. What if the Windows 10 player can't recognize the DVD codec? There is an easier way to play DVDs on Windows 10 - download another player built with all DVD codecs like 5KPlayer. New as it is, is quickly rated one of the best media players, standing shoulder to shoulder with VLC, KMPlayer and other popular players. People have good reasons to love it:
1. 5KPlayer is totally free and clean.
2. It comes with all DVD codecs including MPEG2 to play all home-made and commercial DVDs on Windows 10 and previous systems.
3. Besides playing DVD discs, it also supports ISO file/DVD folder playback natively.
4. What's more, it also has all video audio codecs to play video audio files.
5. Apart from acting as video/audio/DVD player for Windows 10/8.1/8/7, it is also a radio player, an Airplay receiver/sender, and an online downloader supporting 1000+ sites.
Play DVD on Win 10 Without Downloading DVD Codecs: Decode DVDs to Digital Files
Download DVD codecs to Windows 10 or another player? There's a third option – decode DVD to a digital file compatible with your current player. To decode a DVD, try WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. This tool can not only decode home-made DVDs, derypt copy-protected DVDs to mainstream formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, MPEG2 as well as prevailing devices like iPhone, iPad, Android Samsung, HTC, Sony and Microsoft gadget. After downloading and installing on Windows 10, you can decode a DVD within 4 steps only.
[Tutorial] Decode DVD to Digital Files within Several Steps
Step 1. Load target DVD by clicking "DVD Disc" button.
Step 2. Decide which output profile you want to decode the DVD to, for instance, MP4.
Step 3. Specify a destination folder to save the file converted from DVD.
Step 4. Tap "RUN" to begin decoding DVD to a digital copy.
In this way, you can play the DVD video on Windows Media Player of Windows 10 or other player without downloading DVD codec. Still have trouble about how to play DVD on Windows 10 by downloading DVD codec pack or not? Please feel free to Mail Us >>