Finally, the new iteration of Windows, namely Windows 10, was officially released. Many Windows 8 users are desperate to give Windows 10 a try. If you are a fan of Windows 10 and fed up with various Windows 8 errors, you can upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10 following the guide below.
FAQs about upgrading to Windows 10:
Q1: How long will it take to download and install Windows 10?
A: The time varies, depending on the age of your computer and how it's configured. Many will finish this within about 2 hours, while older needs longer and newer high performance device needs shorter.
Q2: Any data loss after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10?
A: Generally speaking, no data will lose during the upgrade. If there're files stored in system drive (C:), you'd better move them to another drive. If you still worry about data loss, you can make a backup of your important files.
Q3: Will my computer work smoothly after making this upgrade?
A: According to feedback from many people, their computers work fluently as before, some even run more smoothly.
Update: 1 year free upgrade from Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10 has expired (Deadline: July 29, 2016).
DVD playback capability is disabled on Windows 10. To play DVDs on Windows 10, you can use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to rip any DVDs (Disney DVDs included) to Windows 10 PC, tablets, phones playable formats, like MP4, AVI, WMV, etc.
There are good reasons for upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10.
* People always encounter errors while working on Windows 8, such as Blue Screen Error, RunDLL Error, Activiation Error, Boot Error, etc.
* Windows 10 comes with many appealing features: combining the best of Windows 8 with a desktop similar to Windows 7, integration of Cortana, working across PCs, phones and tablets, etc.
* Microsoft announced that Windows 10 would be a free upgrade to Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 users worldwide within one year of Windows 10's launch – even if the Windows version is pirated. (Related: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 | Windows 10 Free Update | Download Windows 10 Full Version | Upgrade Windows XP to Windows 10)
Before upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 10, you should check if your PC or tablet can be compatible with Windows 10.
Minimum requirements of Windows 10:
* A 1GHz processor or faster;
* 1GB of RAM for 32-bit machines or 2GB for 64-bit machines;
* 16GB of hard disk space for 32-bit machines or 20GB for 64-bit machines;
* A DirectX 9 graphics card or later, with a WDDM 1.0 driver;
* An 800 x 600 display or better.
In theory, a PC compatible with Windows 8 can support Windows 10 well. If your PC is ready, simply follow the guide to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.
It's easy to upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10, and here we'll show you how to realize it.
1. Reserve your free upgrade to Windows 10.
Generally speaking, if you are running on Windows 8, you should see a small Windows icon (Get Windows 10 app icon) located at the right end of the taskbar. Click on the icon, and then click "Reserve your free upgrade" in the app window. And then, just type in your email address to confirm your reservation.
Tip: If you didn't see Get Windows 10 app icon, you may get help from Windows 10 FAQ.
2. Upgrade to Windows 10.
After reserving the free upgrade, you just need to wait for the news from Microsoft. Once the upgrade is ready for your PC, you will receive a notification. Then, you can upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 at once or pick a time fit for you.
When all the steps are completed, you can run Windows 10 and begin enjoying new Windows 10 features. You can also find ways to get Windows 10 license key.
>> If you got troubles during upgrading, please check Windows 10 install problems help page for a solution.
Must-have Software Recommendation for Windows 10 and Windows 8 – WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
No matter you will upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10 or not, no matter your Windows OS have DVD playback option or not, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum fully compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 10, is your must-have software. It is able to:
- Fast rip/convert any DVDs (latest copy-protected DVDs like The Hobbit 3 DVD) as digital files in MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, 3GP, FLV, or others accepted by Window 10/8 PC, Windows tablets/phones, Apple iPhone iPad iPod, Android, Sony Xperia seires, PS3, Xbox, etc. Thus, you can play DVD movies anytime anywhere.
- 1:1 clone DVD to ISO file/DVD folder; copy DVD full/main title content as MPEG 2 file. This is a good way to back up fragile DVD discs.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.