Q1: I am interested in uploading videos to YouTube with footage of gaming. However the .avi file is too large. Has anyone got any suggestions for a good piece of software that will reduce the file size without reducing the quality? BTW, the OS is: Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit.
Q2: I had a 10 minute video and it was 4GB? That's too huge for my low disk space, and I wonder how can I convert the big AVI files to smaller size?
Either the AVI video is create by oneself, or downloaded from the online sites, the dreaded file size of AVI video is surely a trouble for most of the time. Why AVI is so big? How to reduce the file size of AVI on Windows (10) PC? Then you landed on the right place, where a good-to-handle AVI compressor software, together with the user guide, is going to be shared.
Here we take WinX Video Converter Deluxe as the AVI size reducer tool. Download it first to our Windows computer, add/drag video to it after installing by wizard, and then reduce AVI file size as following four ways:
AVI is just a video container, and the file size of AVI video purely depends on the codec it uses and other parameter settings like bit rate and resolution. Using video editing software or video converter program to reset those factors by following the rules:
#1 Lower Resolution: The higher video resolution (width x height) is, the larger AVI video will be ( of course with other parameters unchanged). Thus you just change the resolution to a lower one, like from 1920x1080/1280x720 to 640x480.
#2 Lower Bit rate: The higher bit rate a video owns, the larger video size and better video quality you will get. But do notice don't make it too low, otherwise the image quality can be really bad.
#3 Change Codec/Format: The video codec of AVI often lies in Divx/XviD, and the audio codec lies in AAC/AC3/MP3. You can convert/re-encode the data to make AVI file smaller. Generally speaking, MP4 (MPEG4/H.264) is the top choice for compressing AVI file size (AVI vs MP4). If you'd like to upload large AVI to YouTube, sending to someone via email, FLV format is considerable. When you choose "MP4 Video" at General Video for example, you can place the scroll bar to "LQ/Fast".
#4 Crop & Cut video content
This is the most conservative way to compress AVI video without losing quality by cutting unnecessary part off, remaining less video content with the original high quality, or cropping out the annoying black bars for playback video in full screen.
Click Edit/scissor icon to open up the corresponding interface, where "Crop & Expand" and "Trim" features will empower you to downsize the AVI video file whilst still retaining the original quality. Learn More Details of How to Compress a Video on PC/Mac Free.
• HandBrake: This free and open-sourced video transcoder is able to shrink AVI file size on Windows (10), Mac and Linux. Just choose "High Profile" in the right drawer, and then resize the resolution or crop video under "Picture" option, set the video framerate/quality and optimize video to define the video size. To newbies, HandBrake is not the ideal choice for its somewhat complicat
• Windows Movie Maker: Using the tool the OS itself owns for compressing AVI is the most convenient way. But only Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows RT users can enjoy the preference. That's to say, you have to download Movie Maker for Win 10 if you wanna use it on Windows 10. (For Mac users, iMovie is a similar way to go.)
Downsizing AVI file size is quite easy by Windows Movie Maker steps are: Open up it -> browse and open your source AVI video -> Save movie to a specific device with small/resolution/only audio option or Create custom setting to fine tune the video width/height/bit rate/frame rate and audio kbps/kHz. Also, kindly note that in Movie Maker, you have the option to save your file as a project file - a format that owns quite smaller file size, because all it contains are the file names, the list of edit points etc., no actual video, photos or music at all.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe Is Really Worth A Shot
• Unparalleled video conversion/compression speed that is 5x faster than other general video converters.
• 370+ video audio codecs and 410+ output profiles can fulfill almost all of your video conversion needs.
• More practical features like Video Compressor for YouTube, Online YouTube/Facebook/Dailymotion Downloader, Photo Slideshow Maker, Screen Recorder for Mac.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.