Are You Troubled by These Embarrassing Issues While Compressing MKV?
A growing assortment of videos are seen in .MKV extension, particularly for high-definition sources (1080p). It packs multiple types of files like audio tracks, subtitle streams and video tracks into one file. This means your MKV file is always very huge, which may cause troubles for storage, playback and sharing. That's why you need to compress MKV.
However, more than half of users are complaining that they have ever been trapped in these embarrassing situations while compressing MKV:
1. Large MKV videos (>500MB usually) can't be compressed by online video compressors.
I'm trying to compress a MKV file (1.3GB) on an online video compressor, but it tells me that my video is too large and can't be imported.
2. Handbrake makes MKV video bigger instead of compressing it.
I've ripped a DVD disc and get a 600MB MKV file. I want to compress the file to as small as possible. Then I search a program to compress large MKV files, and then there is Handbrake. But instead of compressing it, the file was bigger, it made my 600MB MKV file to a 1.3GB file.
Check quick fix for Handbrake output file size larger than input >>
3. Crazy video quality loss after MKV to MP4 video conversion.
I've been working with and converting 720p HD MKV to MP4 for smaller size. Typically, I did this by converting them in Freemake Video Converter, mostly on Auto settings. However, once getting into the 1080p range, or very high 720 files, I've began to notice a quality loss.
4. It takes hours long to compress MKV files.
The MKV compression has been in progress for more than 1 hour, however the progress bar is stuck at 67%...
5. I was totally confused by the complicated steps.
I'm wondering if there is a program that allows me import MKV, choose the preset compression profile and done. I was totally confused by the resolution, frame rate, bit rate, B-frames and GOP options.
Perhaps the improper settings may result in the above problems. But if you've selected a right video compression software, you can easily get out of these embarrassing situations.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is just the way to go...
Being an excellent MKV compressor, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is equipped to shrink MKV file size easily, fast without quality loss.
• It accepts any MKV files, no matter they're shot by camcoders, ripped from DVD/Blu-ray, saved from online or exported from video editors.
• By utilizing intraframe and interframe coding algorithms, along with advanced entropy encoding, WinX Video Converter is able to compress MKV up to 90% reduction, via transcoding MKV format, adjusting resolution, frame rate, bit rate etc., trimming/cropping etc.
• It reserves the highest quality as possible, almost without losing quality, with the support of high quality engine and de-interlacing engine.
• This video compressor runs 47x real-time faster for MKV compression, with fully Intel/Nvidia/AMD GPU acceleration enabled.
• It's also easy-to-use. You don't have to set it manually because all the output is already preset. 3 steps make all done!
How to Compress MKV to Smaller Size Without Losing Quality
Step 1: Add oversized MKV source video to the program.
Click the "+Video" button on the top and select the target MKV video to load.
Step 2: Select output format.
After your video loaded, an Output Profile window pops up automatically. You're first adviced to go "General Profiles" -> "MP4 Video (h264+aac)" -> "OK" to convert MKV to MP4 for better compatibility and smaller file size. Of cource, you can also continue the MKV format by going to "PC General Video" -> "Matroska Video" -> "OK".
Optionally: Further reduce video size if needed.
Generally, the configured MP4 output option can compress video to a large extent. But it may not be enough for advanced users. More options are allowed to compress MP4 even smaller.
- Click "Settings" button to adjust video audio parameters, for example, downscale 4K resolution to 1920×1080 pixels, lower video frame rate, bit rate, or change aspect ratio and so on.
- Click "Edit" button to enable Trim option so as to cut out the unwanted parts of your video, or split video into several clips.
- Also tap "Edit" button and enable Crop option to crop the video frame size, such as remove the black bars and so on.
Step 3: Compress your MKV file now!
Back to the main interface, tick on "Use High-Quality Engine", "Deinterlacing", and "Intel" or "nVIDIA" Hardware Accelertor options. These options will ensure lossless output video quality and up to 47x faster compression speed (on condition that your computer is configured with GPU accelerated graphics).
Then tap "RUN" button to start compressing MKV video size right now.