Compress Video Files Online Free More than 1 GB to MB
It's quite easy to reduce video file size using online services - choose a video to upload, compress, and download. However, you'd better know that most online video compressor tools have 500MB size limit, ads, low compression ratio, and slow processing speed. Here we pick top 3 online services and offer user guides to help you compress videos more than 1GB/2GB/4GB to MB for Instagram, Whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube, Email, Google Drive, etc.
Choose A Desktop Video Compressor for Unlimited Video Size
It seems Google prefers free online tools. In fact, desktop video compression software delivers much better performance, for example, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is much more reliable, compared to Freeconvert.com, Videosmaller, and other online services.
- No file size limit, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 1TB, it's at your choice.
- High compression ratio (1GB to 10MB) thanks to intraframe and interframe coding algorithms and entropy encoding.
- High quality output with the support of high quality engine and de-interlacing engine.
- Blazing fast compression speed with fully Intel/Nvidia/AMD GPU acceleration enabled.
- Compress 8K, 4K FHD, 1080P, 720P, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, 3GP, to name a few.
- 16 Years of Experience
- 30-day Money Back
- Secure Purchase
Table of Content
Way 1. Reduce Video Size from GB to MB with Freeconvert (ads and redirects)
Max file size: 1GB (free).
Pros: 1GB for free, flexible video compression options such as target video size and compression method.
Cons: Lots of redirects and ads, slow speed, 60% compression ratio (100MB to 60MB).
Overview: Freeconvert video compressor tops our list of free MP4 compressor online for its max 1GB for free and compression flexibility. The ability to set target video size (%) and compression method is quite useful. It allows you to keep a good balance between video file size and video quality. Target video size is at your hand – you can compress 1GB to 10MB free online, or compress 2GB to 10MB or 100MB, it’s as way as it gets. You don’t have to deal with complicated video or audio parameter settings, such as bit rate, frame rate, and resolution. It’s quite straightforward to compress MP4 video size online free by setting video size and quality.
It’s quite annoying that the free online MP4 video compressor contains ads. The video uploading process always takes a long time to complete. The output video quality and size may fail to match what it claims. You want good quality but it turns out to be in large file size.
How to Compress MP4 Online Free More than 1 GB with Freeconvert
1. Go to the video compress page of the online compressor tool, click the Choose Files button, and select the source MP4 video from the device, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Tips: before uploading a video file, you can select target video codec, compression method, target video size (%), and apply settings from default. 100MB video file would be compressed to 10Mb if you select 10% next to the target video size.
2. Click the Compress Now button to upload the source file. You can add more than one MP4 video at a time. Click the Compress More Videos to upload more video files.
3. After the upload process is finished, click the Download All button to save all the compressed videos.
Read more: how to resize videos without losing quality.
Way 2. Compress 1GB Video to MB Free Online with Clideo (max 500MB)
Max file size: 500MB for free.
Pros: clean and intuitive interface, good output video quality.
Cons: slow speed, put watermark on the output video, 20%-50% video file size off.
Overview: Clideo is a drag-and-drop tool to compress 2GB video to 10MB online, with a simple video uploading button on the Clideo video compressor page. Free users will be allowed to compress a maximum of 500MB of video files. There are no video compression options like video size, video quality, or video bitrate. All you need to do is to upload your video, wait for the preprocessing, and download the compressed video. Commonly, it compresses video files by 20%-50% with the acceptable video quality.
The 20%-40% file size off is far from enough for those who want to compress 1GB video to 10MB free online. It lacks features to compress videos by lowering video resolution, bit rate, cutting video length, etc. Output compressed video will have a Clideo watermark.
How to Use Clideo to Compress 1GB Online to MB
1. Head to https://clideo.com/compress-video, click the blue Choose file button and select the MP4 video you want to compress or click the drop-down icon to upload the MP4 video file from Dropbox and Google Drive. The whole uploading process may take a long time.
2. Wait when the tool is uploading and compressing the source video file.
3. Download the compressed videos to your device after the compressing process is finished. You should see the compression ratio and final video file size on the window. It requires register to remove the watermark.
Related: check for more ways to reduce MP4 video size from GB to MB.
Way 3. Compress Video Online More than 1GB with Youcompress (max 500MB free)
Max file size: 500MB.
Pros: No register, compress videos, audio files, PDF documents, images.
Cons: ads, slow speed, can't compress MP4 H.264 further that is already compressed.
Overview: You compress is another easy-to-use free limited online MP4 video compressor. You don’t need to sign up for free and can get started quickly by directly uploading your video file. The service supports a wide range of video formats and file types, including reducing the file size of videos in MP4, MOV, MKV, audios, PDF documents, images (JPG, PNG, JPEG), GIFs, and more.
There are some significant limits on the free online MP4 video compressor. You can only upload videos up to 500MB in size and it can’t compress MP4 video further if the video is already compressed. I uploaded an MP4 video (15MB) but received the message saying that "Completed: File is already compressed".
How to Use Youcompress to Reduce 1GB Video Size Online Free
1. Go to the site, click the Select file button, and choose the source MP4 video file to upload. Note that you click the Select file button instead of the Upload File & Compress button. The uploading process is very slow.
2. Click the Upload File & Compress button to start to upload and compress the MP4 video free online. Wait for a few minutes while the video is processed. It may take even half an hour to process a 100MB MP4 video. Youcompress is the slowest tool recommended on the post.
3. Download the compressed MP4 video to your device.
Way 4. Reduce Video Online to MB with VideoSmaller (max 500MB free)
Max file size: 500MB.
Pros: Clean interface, support most browsers such as Chrome, Firefox.
Cons: ads, limited support for video format, reduces video file size by around 10%-15%.
Oveview: VideoSmaller can automatically compress video from GB to MB online. Users can upload a maximum of 500MB for free to the online MP4 video compressor without registration. It offers some basic video compression options, including a low compress level that outputs the best quality (large file size) and audio removal and scaling video width. It works in most browsers, such as Chrome, and Firefox.
The free MP4 online video compressor contains ads. It can’t compress 1.5GB of video online without upgrading to the advanced plan. You can’t reduce video size by cutting, trimming, or lowering video bitrate, etc. The service lacks video compression features. If you compress an MP4 H.264 file that is already compressed, it only reduces video file size by around 10%-15%. We uploaded an MP4 H.264 clip (221MB), and the resulting video is 197MB (11%).
How to Use VideoSmaller to Compress MP4 File Size Online Free
1. Go to VideoSmaller website, click the Browse button, and identify a MP4 video file to upload. Don't click the ads below the Browse button.
2. Wait for the video being processed. You can select "Use low compression level" to get better quality but lower compression ratio. Click the Scale drop-down icon to scale video width. If you don't need the audio, select "Remove audio from video" to get a smaller MP4 video size online.
3. Click the Upload button to start uploading your MP4 videos to its server and then download the compressed MP4 file.
Way 5. Compress MP4 Free Online to MB with MP4COMPRESS (max 500MB free)
Max file size: 500MB.
Pros: Nifty interface, no ads, compress video automatically.
Cons: Slow upload process, 12% video size off, lack video compr
Overview: MP4COMPRESS is a clean and easy-to-use free online MP4 video compressor. Similar to VideoSmaller, it cuts video size about 12% off with acceptable video quality. All you need to do is to upload the clip you want to compress and then download the compressed video file. The online-based tool compresses the clip automatically. It allows free users to compress a maximum 500MB video file.
There’s no video compression option for you to choose from. You can't select compression ratio, video quality, or other settings. Video files uploaded and compressed will be deleted from its servers after a few hours. The download link can't be shared.
How to Use MP4COMPRESS to Reduce MP4 File Size Online Free
1. Open MP4COMPRESS site, click the Select file button, choose a MP4 video for uploading, then click on the "Upload Video File" button It might take even half an hour to upload a 200MB video. The speed also depends on your Internet bandwidth. Be patient.
2. Once the MP4 video is uploaded, it will compress the MP4 file free online.
3. You should see a "Download File" link after the compression process completes. Click the Download File link to get the shrinked MP4 video online. The video file you upload will be deleted by the service later.
Way 6. Reduce (MP4) Video Files Free Online with CloudPresso
Max file size: 100MB (free).
Pros: Clean interface, 10 video files a time, compress video/image/documents.
Cons: Slow upload process, 100MB for free is not enough, 20% file size off.
Overview: CloudPresso is a professional online file compressor, enabling users to compress MP4 videos, images, documents, and APK. It allows you to compress 100MB for free without signing up. Up to 10 video files can be uploaded at a time. The service claims that it reduces video size by 80% off for the web, social media, or email. It offers different quality choices, High, Very High, and Maximum. Higher video quality means a larger video file size.
It doesn’t include presets for YouTube, Whatsapp, Instagram, social media, or devices. You don’t have much control over the output video file size. If you want to compress 1GB or 1.5GB to 100MB, you may be disappointed with the result. The High, Very High, and Maximum quality options possibly result in large file size instead of high quality.
How to Compress MP4 Videos from GB to MB Free Online with CloudPresso
1. Head to CloudPresso website and click the Video Compress section to open the video compress page. Click the Select file button, choose a video to upload, or drop your video here. You can add up to 10 video files at a time. Batch video processing is supported by CloudPresso.
2. Choose output quality, High, Very High, or Maximum. Maximum quality means the biggest file size.
3. Click the Compress button to start uploading the video file for compression. The compression process is quite time consuming. After the uploading process completes, click the Download zip file button to save the compressed video file to your device.
Note: All the above online video compressors also offers the capability of cutting/trimming MP4 video to shorten the video length and therefore reduce the file size of MP4 accordingly.
FAQs about Compressing (MP4) Videos Free Online from GB to MB
1. How do I compress (MP4) video files from 1GB to 10MB?
Open an online compressor service, click the Choose Files button, and select the source large MP4 video. Click the Compress Now button to upload the source file. Click the Compress More Videos to upload more video files. When the upload process completes, click the Download All button to save all the compressed videos to your device.
2. How can I compress a 2GB video free online?
Most free version of online video compressor services only allows users to upload max 100-500MB videos. The top-ranked free online video compressor Freeconvert offers max 1GB. No service provide max 2GB for free. To compress a 2GB video to MB online, you need to subscribe. Basic subscription also has strict video file size limits, for 2GB or larger video files, video compression software is recommended.
3. How do I reduce the MB size of a video?
Upload the video to free online video compressor website, adjust video settings, and the video should be compressed automatically. Shortening the video length is a good way to reduce the mB size of a video without losing quality when transcoding is not involved.