3 Steps to Convert x265 (HEVC/H.265) to MP4 No Quality Loss
How to convert x265 to MP4? Check the detailed guide on how to convert x265 (H.265/HEVC) to more compatible MP4 (H.264/MPEG) on Windows (10) and Mac.
1: I've downloaded some MKV 2160p movie files in HEVC codec, but they can only play on computer, not on my Samsung Smart TV. Is there an easy way to convert x265/HEVC MKV to MP4 format compatible for viewing? Because MP4 is the only format my TV can play.
2: The video file is MP4 but in HEVC codec. My Apple TV doesn't support HEVC codec. It supports MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4). So I need to change the codec to from H.265 to H.264/MPEG-4. Your help is appreciated.
3: Considering that I've never used a command line to convert video, any options for an easy-to-use x265/HEVC to MP4 converter program probably with a step-by-step guide?
What is x265, H.265 or HEVC?
1. x265: x265 is a video encoder application library, designed to encode video or images into the H.265/HEVC video compression format.
2. HEVC/H.265: HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), also known as H.265 or MPEG-H Part 2, is a video compression standard, the most popular successor to the widely used AVC (H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10). HEVC is widely used in ultra HD video compression, up to 8K UHD.
So their relationship is: x265 – H.265 (HEVC), x264 – H.264 (AVC). Talking about converting x265 to MP4, we normally mean converting HEVC/H.265 video to MP4.
Why Convert x265/HEVC/H.265 to MP4?
x265 is judged best overall HEVC encoder specialized in encoding high quality HEVC/H.265 videos. Users can utilize x265 to encode HEVC/H.265 videos which are twice compressed than H.264/x264 videos. To be more specific, to achieve same video quality, x265/HEVC encoding offers double data compression at half bit rate of x264/AVC encoding.
However, taking compatibility into account, H.265 is far less compatible than H.264. Many popular devices still don't support HEVC codec yet, or have problems on handling HEVC videos, for example, Adobe Premiere Pro won't import iPhone taken HEVC properly. Continue to find out the 3 steps guide to convert H.265 to MP4 with the best H.265 converter for Windows (10) – WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
Best x265 (HEVC/H.265) to MP4 Converter – WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
User rating: ★★★★★ 5.0/5.0
Official site: https://www.winxdvd.com/hd-video-converter-deluxe/
Software official download address: https://www.winxdvd.com/download/winx-hd-converter-deluxe-setup.exe
Support platforms: Windows 10/8/8.1/7 (32 & 64 bit),
Pros: Intuitive interface, ultra user-friendly, totally clean and safe, stable and superfast.
- Easily convert x265 (H.265/HEVC) to MP4 (H.264/MPEG-4) with virtually no quality loss (2% quality damage).
- Transcode HEVC video to tablets, phones (Android, iOS), game consoles, needless to spend more time converting x265 on mobile.
- GPU hardware acceleration ensures the smoothness of the compute-intensive x265 conversion, no CPU 94% usage or laptop lagging issues.
- Adjust x265 video resolution, frame rate, bit rate, aspect ratio and edit H265 video (trim/crop) before you start.
- Free download HEVC video from crackle, Dailytmotion, Popcornflix and 1000+ sites.
How to Convert x265 (HEVC/H.265) to MP4 on Windows (10) or Mac? – 3 Steps
First of all, free download and install WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on Windows 10/8/7, etc. or free download its Mac version.
Step 1: Launch the smart H.265/HEVC converter. Click "+ Video" button to select and add source x.265/HEVC/H.265 MKV videos to the program. Batch converting is accessible.
Step 2: Choose "MP4 video" as the output in the output profile. There are more than one MP4 options with different codec combination, so you can search MP4 directly to choose.
1. Tick "Auto Copy" mode on the lower right corner of the home screen. Thus, your resulting MP4 file will be kept in 1:1 lossless quality as long as the input and output video codec are the same codec, be MKV (H265) to MP4 (H265), MOV (H265) to MP4 (H265).
2. You can click scissors-shaped Edit icon to open video editing window to trim, crop, subtitle videos, or click wheel icon to open video settings window to customize video resolution, frame rate, ratio, etc. to get preferred effects before converting x.265 (H.265/HEVC) to MP4.
Step 3: Save the converted video file to a target folder by clicking Browse button. Rightly click "RUN" to start to fast convert x265 (H.265/HEVC) to MP4 (H.264/MPEG) on Windows (10) or Mac with the best HEVC converter.
Warm Prompt: someone is searching for a HEVC video converter for Android to decode and re-encode x265 to MP4 on Android tablet or phone. Please forget this. If your Android tablet or phone is too old for decoding and playing back x265 HEVC footages, certainly it will perform even worse in decoding and re-encoding x265 files. Your energy and time will be badly saved only when you conduct x265 to MP4 conversion task on more powerful PC using a GPU hardware accelerated HEVC video converter like WinX!
Related External Sources:
x265: x265 is a library for encoding video into the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) video compression format that was developed and standardized by the ISO/IEC MPEG and ITU-T VCEG. x265 is offered under either version 2 of the GNU General Public License (GPL) or a commercial license, similar to the x264 project...
H265/HEVC: High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2, is a video compression standard, one of several potential successors to the widely used AVC (H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10)...