Top 5 Free DVD Player Software for Windows 7 (64/32Bit) of 2020
List of Best Five Free DVD Player Software for Windows 7/8/10 2020
Q2 - "What is the best DVD player software for Windows 7 PC and laptops? Ever since I had my laptop reformatted, I cannot play DVD on it. The Windows DVD Player keeps giving errors like 0x87E10BC6, 0x80040287, and confusing numbers like that. What is the best free DVD player software for Windows 7 or 10 out there (I might upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10) and where can I download it for free. Thanks!"
Q1 - "My Dell Windows 7 laptop has a DVD drive, but when I put a DVD in, it doesn't do anything. It will make a sound as if it’s running but nothing happens. I have Windows Media Player. I had the VLC player, but it stopped working. Any other free DVD player for Windows 7?"
To Play DVDs on Windows 7 Computer, You Need:
Hurray! You Can Free Get 5KPlayer for Windows 7 at No Cost!
• Play almost all DVDs incl. region-locked, encrypted, homemade, old discs, etc.
• Play any videos in 4K/5K/8K/1080p resolution and MP3 AAC APE FLAC music & almost all radios perfectly.
• Built-in AirPlay sender/receiver to stream audio video.
• Download online videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo etc.
#Top One | Best Free DVD Player Software for Windows 7/8/10 – 5KPlayer
Being ranked as the first, this Windows 7 DVD player software amazes us for:
1. It's free player software that plays DVDs protected with region code, RCE, css, Disney X-project DRM, etc.
2. It's a free DVD player fully compatible with 32/64 bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
3. It's a free and easy-to-use Windows 7 DVD player with all functions can be accessed from the interface.
4. It will play DVD movie on Windows 7 PC without a hitch, with clear and crisp image and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.
5. It will play all-region DVDs on Windows 7/8/10 computers. E.g., you can play USA Region 1 DVD in UK, play Japanese DVD in USA freely.
6. A DVD player software with basic skills and further editions: adjust volume, rotate the video (clockwise or counterclockwise), add external subtitles (.srt and .ssa) or synchronize video with audio/subtitle, etc.
7. Bonus features. Except for running as a good DVD player software for Windows (7, 8 & 10), 5KPlayer also is capable of downloading videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc and AirPlay DVD and video in MP4/MOV/M4V among iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV and Windows PC.
#Top Two | VLC DVD Player Software for Windows 7
Supported OS: Windows (7/8/10), Mac OS X, Android, iOS, Ubuntu
Video Filters: Deinterlace, cropping, rotate, mirror
Supported media types: DVD, CD, VCD, digital file formats MPEG-2, AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, MKV, FLV, etc
Overview: VLC is probably the most well-known multi-platform DVD player software featuring ease of use. It surely works great on Windows 7. But there might be "VLC play MKV error" during the playing.
#Top Three | Default DVD Player for Windows 7 - Windows Media Player
Supported OS: Windows 7 and below
Video Filters: Graphic equalizer, synchronization of audio/video, video smoothing
Supported media types: DVD, CD and digital formats
Overview: This default Windows 7 DVD player software is capable of ripping music from DVD and burning audio. Provided that your Windows 7 did include Windows Media Center and you have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, there is a free Windows DVD Player app. Otherwise, you will have to pay to get one.
#Top Four | Windows 7 DVD Player Software – KMPlayer
Supported OS: Windows 7 (32bit)
Video Filters: Brightness/contrast, control over movie/audio/subtitle menus
Supported media types: DVD, RTS, MPEG1, MPEG2, AAC, WMA7, WMA8, OGG, etc
Overview: The recently updated version is KMPlayer 4.0. And note that this free KMPlayer DVD player software only runs on Windows 7 32bit. Besides, it is also a HD video player for iOS devices. >> How to free download KMPlayer for iOS
#Top Five | Windows 7 DVD Player Software – GOM Player
Supported OS: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, XP
Supported media types: DVD and digital video audio formats
Video Filters: Built in with codec finder to search for the missing codec
Overview: Seems like this free DVD player software is for Windows 7/8 and below but not compatible with the newest Windows 10. And sometimes you may have trouble playing DVDs, which requires you to download FFDSHOW codec.
How to Play DVD Movies on Windows 7/8/10 with Free 5KPlayer
1. Free download and intall 5KPlayer software on Windows 7 PC following the setup wizards.
2. Insert your movie DVD disc into the hard drive.
3. Click "DVD" button on the main interface of 5KPlayer.
4. Choose the source DVD disc, press button OK and it starts playing DVD.
Note: There is another great DVD software for Windows 7 to backup DVD movies to PC, Mac and mobiles - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
If you need to Rip and Backup DVD movies to Windows 7
Step 1: Download WinX DVD Ripper from the page of recommended downloads by 5KPlayer.
Step 2: Open the program and click "Disc" to load your DVD content.
Step 3: Choose an output format from "PC General Video" option for Windows 7.
Step 4: Press button "RUN" and start ripping DVD on Windows 7.