The new Apple iPhone 6S/Plus as well as its predecessor iPhone 6 (Plus) can both support 4K video recording; The new Microsoft OS Windows 10 adds new video file format and codec, the MKV and HEVC/H.265 to support 4K video playing; The Canon, Panasonic, Sony 4K video cameras and 4K camcorders also enable you to shoot pictures of 4K UHD resolution. To some extent, 4K video is eye-catching now and we can predict it will be applied to many more fields in future. Wonder what the 4K video file formats are and how to convert the recorded 4K Ultra HD video to HD/SD video when needed? Continue to find out.
1. MP4: Numerous emerging stunning 4K Ultra HD videos from the biggest video-sharing site YouTube give us amazing visual feast. You may watch 4K videos online or free download those sharp 2160p videos from YouTube for offline watching to avoid long time buffering. Usually the downloaded YouTube 4K video file format is MP4 (AVC) in 3840 X 2160 pixels. >> Learn How to Download 4K Ultra HD Videos Movies
2. MTS/M2TS: MTS/M2TS is a file name extension used for the Blu-ray Disc Audio-Video (BDAV) MPEG-2 Transport Stream (M2TS) container file format. This container format is commonly used for HD video on Blu-ray Disc and AVCHD. MTS is developed by Sony and Panasonic together as the recording format for the HD camcorders, commonly the 4K video recorded by the trending Sony, Canon, Panasonic 4K cameras or camcorders is in MTS format. >> MTS vs M2TS
3. AVCHD: AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) is a video format designed for high definition camcorder. It uses a disc structure designed for Blu-ray Disc standard compatibility. Sony, Panasonic, Canon, JVC all produced some high-end HD camcorders including some best 4K camcorders enabling you to record 4K UHD video file in AVCHD format. >> Related: Play AVCHD on iPhone 6/6S; Top 3 Free AVCHD Players; Convert AVCHD to MP4
4. MKV: MKV (Matroska Multimedia Container) is another 4K video file format with HEVC/H.265 codec. It is an open standard free container format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file. In other words, it is a multi-track video file format. Microsoft Windows 10 has already added native MKV and HEVC codec support, so you can play your recorded or downloaded 4K videos on Windows 10 PC now.
>> Learn How to Download and Play 4K UHD Movies Videos on Windows (10) PC/Mac
5. XAVC: XAVC is a recording format that was introduced by Sony on October 30, 2012. XAVC uses level 5.2 of H.264/MPEG-4 AVC which is the highest level supported by that video standard. XAVC is also a 4K video file format which can support 4K resolution (4096 × 2160 and 3840 × 2160) at up to 60 fps with 4:2:2 chroma subsampling at 600 Mbit/s. On April 7, 2013, Sony announced that it had expanded XAVC to the consumer market with the release of XAVC S. For example, Sony FDR-AX100, FDR-AX33 4K Ultra HD consumer camcorder, Sony HDR-AS100V action camera, etc. all uses XAVC S allowing you to record 4K videos.
6. MXF: Material Exchange Format (MXF) is a container format for professional digital video and audio media defined by a set of SMPTE standards. Many HD camcorders like Canon C500, Panasonic P2 can record 4K video files in MXF format.
As your ultimate all-in-one HD video downloader and converter, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe enables you to free download any 8K/4K/HD/SD videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and other 300+ video sites, as well as allows you to convert any downloaded or recorded camcorder 4K video to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV and many other popular video formats devices in whatever resolution, such as MKV to MP4, MTS to MOV, just to name a few.
Free download, install and run this best 4K video converter on your Windows (10) PC/Mac (free download Mac version), and follow the 3 simple steps below to convert any 4K video to other format, other resolution with ease.
Step 1. Load the 4K video file.
Click "+ Video" button on the tool-bar to import the 4K video in file format like MKV, MTS, AVCHD you'd like to convert.
Step 2. Select resolution and output file format of the converted 4K video.
For easier playback, sharing or uploading, you can choose to convert the 4K video to the universal MP4 video format. Click "PC General Video --> MP4 Video" in the Output Profile window as output format and select the resolution from the video audio parameters edit window. 1920 x 1080 (1080p HD) or 720p, 360p, 240p, etc. are all available.
Step 3. Start converting the 4K video file format to other video formats or devices.
Click "Browse" to optionally set an output target folder and click "RUN" button to start converting 4K Ultra HD video to MP4 1080p HD video and many other formats.
- Easily convert 4K Ultra HD video to 1080p/720p HD, SD with highest quality at an amazing fast speed. | 4K to HD Converter
- Convert any 8K/4K/HD/SD videos to MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, etc. and other 410+ preset device profiles as iPhone, iPad, Samsung, HTC on PC/Mac.
- Free download any 8K/4K/1080p/720p HD videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion and another 300+ video sharing sites.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.