Digitize DVD - Store Thousands of 1:1 Digital Titles in A Hard Drive
During the heyday of DVDs, a high number of movie fans have made a massive investment in physic discs. And some are continuing investing for nostalgia reasons. But now many of them are asking one question - "how to convert my DVD collection to digital files?" Since home entertainment is making its way onto portable devices, film buffs are looking for a way to have physic DVDs fit into the digital era. Well, how to digitize DVD?
Two Ways to Digitize DVD:
Way 1 Use WinX DVD Ripper to Digitize DVD Movies
For many people WinX DVD Ripper is the best DVD digitizing software thanks to the following features.
- Digitize DVD library to MP4, H.264, AVI, MOV, and more mainstreaming formats with 98% original quality. Digital copy will be 40%-95% smaller than the source DVD.
- 1:1 Clone DVD to ISO image, Video_TS folder with 100% original quality.
- Support old & new DVDs even if they're copy protected with region codes, CSS, RCE, Disney X-project DRM, other protections.
- Flexibly select/add subtitles, audio tracks, remove ads, split long homemade DVDs, adjust video settings (aspect ratio, resolutions, etc.)...
- 5 minutes only is required to create a digital copy thanks to the Level-3 Hardware Acceleration (Intel QSV & Nvidia NVENC). 5X faster than similar program.
Now let's free download WinX DVD Ripper to digitize DVDs for mobiles, TVs, NAS, travels, etc.
Please DO NOT use WinX DVD Ripper to rip rental DVDs.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here
How to Digitize DVD Collections to MP4 Video with WinX DVD Ripper
DVD digitizing requires clicks only. Even none tech-savvy users can do it fast and easily. Now follow our guide to digitize DVD for storing/playing on hard drives, iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles, Plex, NAS, TVs, PC, Mac, cloud storage, websites, etc.
To begin with, free download and install WinX DVD Ripper. Enter a license code after you launch it. (get a free license code>>):
Step 1: Load the DVD you want to digitize.
- Insert the DVD into a built-in or external DVD drive.
- Click the Disc button to import the DVD. It will automatically remove any DVD copy protections and detect the right main movie title. Of course, you can select title manually.
Step 2: Select an output format for your digital copy.
The software will bring you to the output format window. Just select a format you want. If you don't know which is the best video format for archiving home movies, see details below.
- To save a 100% same digital copy on the hard drive, computer, or other storage devices, choose DVD to ISO image profile.
- To digitize DVD collections for easier playback on iDevices, Mac, iTunes, iMovie, other Apple products, choose MOV, MP4, or corresponding device profile.
- To convert DVD to digital copy freely for PC, Windows Media Player, Xbox, other Windows-oriented platforms, you can select AVI or MP4.
- To have the perfect balance between size and quality, select H.264 MP4.
- To have the widest compatibility with mobiles, players, TV, NAS, Plex, etc., convert DVDs to H.264 (MP4) format.
- To get the main movie only and want to convert DVDs fast, backup DVD main title to MPG.
In this post, we select MP4 as an example to show you how to digitize DVD collection.
Step 3: Start digitizing DVDs.
Click the RUN button to start to make digital copies of DVDs. The hardware acceleration will speed up the digitizing and finish the task in minutes (its fast speed is the ideal choice for digitizing a large DVD library). After that, you can store the DVDs on the hard drive, transfer the digital copy to mobiles, stream the digitized DVD video on TV, upload DVD to cloud, etc.
Watch the Video Guide
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.
Way 2 Use VUDU Disc to Digital Service
VUDU has a totally different approach to digitize DVD. Instead of inserting DVD into DVD drive, you will be required to scan the barcode on your DVD case. And unlike WinX DVD Ripper allows unlimited conversions, VUDU let's you convert up to 100 discs only per year. You can check a detailed comparison between VUDU and WinX DVD Ripper in our old post.
How to Use VUDU Disc to Digital?
Before any further, you should go to vudu.com and check if your movie title is supported or not.
If you're going to digitize DVD on Android, you should:
- Download VUDU app from the app store.
- Sign in. No account? Sign up now.
- Select Disc to Digital and grant the app access.
- Scan the barcode on your DVD case and then choose a quality to convert. DVD to SD charges $2, while DVD to HDX charges $5.
If you're going to digitize DVD on iPhone iPad, you should:
- Visit vudu.com/disc on your iOS device click Convert Disc.
- Login in or sign up.
- Allow app permissions.
- Scan and convert.