If you have tried all solutions but still no luck, click here: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
MakeMKV DVD ripping errors such as MakeMKV SCSI error - illegal request, SCSI error - hardware error, Scsi error - medium error， are disc reading error. If MakeMKV shows SCSI errors, it's likely to be a dirty or damaged disc or a drive problem. Learn various MakeMKV Scsi errors, ILLEGAL REQUEST: READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR, MEDIUM ERROR: L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR, HARDWARE ERROR: TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT, and more. Possible fixes to SCSI errors are also provided below.
MakeMKV SCSI error - illegal request
The following SCSI error illegal request in MakeMKV is commonly complained by users.
Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST: READ OF SCRAMBLED SECTOR WITHOUT AUTHENTICATION' occurred while reading 'BD-RE TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB TS00' at offset '1048576'
Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB
Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST: COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - AUTHENTICATION FAILURE
Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST: ILLEGAL MODE FOR THIS TRACK
1. Run MakeMKV as the administrator on your computer.
2. Update MakeMKV beta key if you are using its beta.
3. Set your computer system back to a date before your free beta key expiration.
4. Increase Read retry count in MakeMKV preferences.
5. Update to the latest version of MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Scsi error - Medium Error
Common Scsi error - Medium Error messages are listed below:
Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR: L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading 'BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10' at offset '917504'
Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR: NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading 'BD-ROM MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 1.01' at offset '65536'
Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR: POSITIONING ERROR DETECTED BY reading OF MEDIUM
Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR: READ RETRIES EXHAUSTED
1. Clean the disc with a soft cloth. Dirty or scratched discs may cause the not reading issue. It's easy to fix a dirty disc. If your discs are damaged, follow our guide on how to fix scratched DVDs.
2. Replace your disc. Disc manufacturing errors can lead to the issue.
3. Try a different drive. A problematic drive can let the disc fail to be read in MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Scsi error - Hardware Error
MakeMKV SCSI error - hardware error includes one of the following error messages:
Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR: TIMEOUT ON LOGICAL UNIT
Scsi error - HARDWARE ERROR: TRACK FOLLOWING ERROR
Posix error - Input/output error occurred while reading
The hardware error MakeMKV displays means the drive doesn't respond with the disc data. Try other discs to check if the error persists. If yes, clean the drive or replace the drive with a new one.
Check more troubleshooting tips for MakeMKV not ripping DVDs errors, such as DVDs won't load/open/read/recognize in MakeMKV, "no disc inserted" error, playlist Obfuscation/fake playlist, etc.
If MakeMKV Scsi error persists, or MakeMKV is unable to decrypt DVDs: You can get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to decrypt, rip, and digitize your DVDs, including scratched DVDs.Easy & fast
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - decrypt, digitize, and backup any DVD
- Decrypt DVDs from Disney, Sony, Lionsgate, Paramount, Warner Bros, etc.
- Remove region codes, CSS, UOPs, APS, Sony ARccOS, Disney X-project, etc.
- Digitize DVDs to MP4, AVI, MOV etc. for playing on phones, tablets, PC, Mac, TV, game console, etc.
- 1:1 backup DVDs to ISO image or VIDEO_TS folder; backup main/full title as a single MPEG file.
- Support hardware acceleration to rip a DVD within 5 minutes.
Download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows to decrypt/rip/copy DVD without errors
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to decrypt/rip/copy DVD without errors