How to Post a YouTube Video on Instagram
Besides posting photos and videos shot immediately with portable devices, some users also would like to upload files from other SNS, like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube to Instagram. Every YouTube video has a share button allowing users to directly put it to other sites/apps, but no Instagram. So, in this article, we will focus on discussing how to share a YouTube video to Instagram.
Step 1: Download Video from YouTube
Just as you know that, there's no direct way to download YouTube videos. To download videos from YouTube, you have to take advantage of a safe and professional YouTube video downloader. And WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can be one of the good helpers to get videos off YouTube with original image and convert it to an Instagram acceptable file. More importantly, it can help you turn the downloaded YouTube video to a MP4 file with favorable length meeting Instagram video specs.
Now, download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, and then follow the steps below to download YouTube videos:
- Open the video you want to download on YouTube and copy its URL.
- Launch WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe and hit YouTube URL button.
- Paste the copied URL to address bar of pop-up window.
- Hit Analyze button to get video info, title, duration, output options with different resolutions, formats, sizes and codes.
- Select one option and click OK to add it to conversion list.
- Move to General Profile and select MP4 Video encoded with H.264+AAC which is fully met Instagram video specs.
Tip: Auto Convert module is checked by default. If you only want to download YouTube video without conversion and editing, uncheck it.
Step 2: Edit YouTube video for Instagram uploading
- Following the steps above, and then click the Edit button.
- Select Trim tab and set Start Time/End Time to get the clip into 3-60 seconds.
- Click Apply to All.
- Browse to set a destination folder if necessary.
- Click RUN to download and convert.
- This YouTube video should be available for uploading to Instagram now.
Disclaimer: The software developer does not advocate downloading copyrighted content from YouTube for unfair and commercial use. Refer to "Is It Legal to Download YouTube Videos" for more info.
Step 3: Post YouTube Video to Instagram
- Open Instagram app on your device.
- You can find a Library button on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap it to select the YouTube video you have transferred just now.
- Then post it on Instagram.
Tip: If you haven't cut the video to specified length, Instagram's editor can help you crop the video down.
Still have some trouble about uploading YouTube videos to Instagram? Please feel free to Email Us >>
People also read:
Bonus: How to Add YouTube Video to iPhone or iPad for Sharing
Instead of iTunes, we would like to recommend WinX MediaTrans, a creative file transfer application for iDevice, to achieve video transfer from computer to iPhone iPad. It offers a pretty simple way to add videos to iPhone iPad and export recorded videos from iPhone iPad to computer for a backup. In addition, it embeds a video converter to convert unsupported video to iPhone iPad compatible format for a smooth playback while auto rotation function can deliver a horizontal full screen playback. It also comes with a Windows version and Mac version.
Download and install the suitable version on your computer. Next, follow the steps below to download and edit YouTube video for instagram.
- Plug in iPhone/iPad to computer via USB Cable.
- Launch WinX MediaTrans and main interface with function modules will appear after the connection succeeds.
- Click Video module to enter video transfer page.
- Hit Add Video button to import the downloaded YouTube video which you want to upload to Instagram.
- Click Sync button to transfer video to iPhone iPad from computer.
Tip: You are only allowed to add video to "Home Video/TV Show/Music Video" category.
Best Compressor/Converter for Instagram Video Uploading - WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
- ● Compress 4K UHD video to 1080P/720P for meeting the best resolution for Instagram video uploading.
- ● Convert big-sized videos to MP4 (H.264) for meeting the best format for Instagram video uploading.
- ● Trim videos to 3-60 seconds for metting the best length for Instagram video uploading.
- ● Adjust video/audio parameters, bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, smaple rate etc, for Instagram.