Best Free Video Compressor Apps for Android and iPhone
When you hunt high and low for a video compressor app for Android and iPhone iPad, you'll be greeted by a boatload of apps to choose from. Randomly open one app website, and the tedious product introduction text will pop up in full screen. Not only would this cost you a couple of minutes to read one app introduction, but also confuse your judgement due to the similar exaggerated business expression they use. This post exists for this reason, unearthing the sides they don't write them out. Then you can reach your own conclusion about the "best" video compressor app after you get a complete cognition.
A Better Way to Compress Videos for Android/iPhone iPad
Free download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to compress videos for iPhone iPad with video quality and file size well balanced.
- Change the video way it's compressed, converting any video (from iPhone, Android, GoPro, DJI drone, surveillance camera, online) to HEVC, H264, MP4, FLV, WMV, etc. with higher compression efficiency, roughly 50% - 80% size off!
- Advanced Level-3 GPU (Intel QSV/Nvidia/AMD) HW acceleration tech solves app freezing/crash, CPU use/overheat issues during 4K/8K compressiong video since it has the ability to offload compute-intensive task from CPU to GPU.
- Make video 90% smaller thanks to intraframe and interframe coding algorithms and entropy encoding.
- Up to 98% quality reserved by dint of High Quality Engine and de-interlacing engine.
- Trim videos to shorten video length, crop to remove black borders, lower resolution/frame rate/bit rate, etc. to further compress video.
>>> Check tutorial on how to compress and reduce video on Windows PC/macOS.
Top 10 Video Compressor App for Android and iPhone
Top 5 Free Video Compressor Apps for Android
There are tons of video compressor apps for Android. Here we gather top 5 free video compressor app for Android. You can get these apps from Google Play. If you want to compress videos on Windows or macOS, check top free video compression app for Windows and Mac.
- The Video Compress App for Android contains ads and in-app purchases.
- It compresses videos on Android with quality options from low to high video quality.
- Almost all video formats are supported.
- Convert videos to MP3 audio for a much smaller file size.
- Share compressed videos on Android to YouTube, via email, etc.
- It requires Android 6.0 and higher.
Video Compress app for Android can compress videos with high quality on Android devices for Email, Facebook, Google+, Whatsapp. It offers video compression with the high, normal, and low video quality. Basic video editing features are also included, such as video rotating, extracting subtitles. Users can directly share a compressed video clip on Android to YouTube, Facebook, or send it to email.
- The Video Compressor app contains ads.
- It requires Android 4.4 and later.
- Shrink videos on Android from GB to MB.
- Resize and fit videos on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Tiktok, Whatsapp, etc.
- Support MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, RMVB, 3GP, MPEG, WMV, and MOV.
Video Compressor Panda can be used to compress and resize videos on Android for Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, discord, WeChat, email, etc. The app compresses (4K UHD) video file size from GB to MB without losing much quality.
- Compress and convert videos to MP4 without losing much quality.
- The original videos are deleted after compression.
- It requires Android 6.0 or later. Ads are included.
- Cut videos for smaller file size on Android without losing quality.
The Video Compressor app for Android was tested to compress videos from 1GB to 200MB successfully. The output quality was good. The app uses a hardware codec, which speeds up the video compression process. Batch video compression is supported. After video compression, it allows you directly to share the video to YouTube, email, Facebook, etc.
- Compress multiple videos and email videos easily.
- Offer high-quality video compression and low-quality compression.
- It requires Android 5.0 and later.
The Video Compressor and Converter app for Android reduces the video file size by lowering down the resolution, bit rate, etc. It also converts videos to MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, M4V, and many more. Tons of video formats are supported. You can directly compress videos and share them on Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp, Tiktok, etc.
- Offer compression speed and custom video parameters settings.
- It supports MP4, MKV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MTS, MPEG, MPG, WMV, M4V, MOV, VOB.
- Share shrank, converted and size reduced videos to Whatsapp, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- It requires Android 5.0 and up.
Video Compressor - Compact Video app for Android enables users to choose video compression speed. The higher the speed is, the larger the compressed video size will be. Video adjusting options are included, such as video resolution, video bit rate, etc. The video file size reducer app for Android offers predefined compression profiles with different quality and size settings.
Top 5 Free Video Compressor Apps for iPhone iPad
The following video compression applications are mainly for iPhone iPad. Have a glimpse of the top free video compressor apps for iPhone iPad and get one from App Store.
- You'll be charged at $4.99 for the upgrade and $0.99 to skip the ads. And you'll be asked to re-pay for this app if it crashes and you re-install it on your iPhone.
- This video compressor app for iPhone is designed to downsize video recorded by your original camera. Other video sources or videos being edited before are excluded.
- No option to see all videos in the camera role.
- It seems that no professional developer team accounts for the update on this app (reflected by user Kkb17 on Apple App Store).
This video reducing app stands head and shoulder over others thanks to its bulk compression feature, which even allows you to compress entire albums to save your iPhone space, esp. for 64GB iPhone 12. It also lets you customize video via bit rate & resolution adjustment.
- It's awash with commercial ads.
- 4K 2160p video compression is not suggested via this app, for it would result in sudden crash now and then.
- The app update frequency is low, roughly once a year with only bugs fixed, no new features.
- The language of the interface only goes to English, so far.
Compatible with iOS 13 or above based iPhone iPad iPod, this video compression software is a strong performer to compress iPhone videos, esp. 1080p, 720p HD videos with 3 modes: 720p (70% size off with medium image quality); VGA (save 80% of space with 480p sharp image quality) and Low (99% space saved at the price of low image quality, only 128p resolution). Beyond that, video trimming can be applied to further resize video footage.
- Set video compression ratio, from high to low.
- Compress videos on iPhone iPad to free up space and for faster sharing.
- Preview video quality of the compressed video.
- It requires iOS 9.0 or later.
Video compressor - save space app for iPhone iPad offers options to set compression ratio, with estimated video files size. Users can also custom video resolution and bitrate for target video size on iPhone iPad. It's super easy to resize video size and shrink video file size for Instagram, Whatsapp, YouTube, Facebook, Email, etc.
- Reduce video file size on iPhone easily in a few clicks.
- Offer options to set compression rate.
- Show original video file size and estimated compressed video size.
- It requires iOS 11.0 or later.
VCompressor app has higher requirements on iOS. It is only compatible with iPhone and iPad running iOS 11.0 or later. Choose the video you'd like to compress on iPhone or iPad, select a compression rate standard, from 1 star to 5 stars, and start to shrinking video size on iOS. The source video file and compressed video file size are displayed.
- Batch compress videos fast on iPhone iPad.
- Reduce video file size to save up to 80% storage space.
- Trim, merge, rotate, and customize videos.
- It requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Video Slimmer app for iPhone iPad can reduce the video file size by up to 80%. There are several ways to make the video file size smaller on iPhone iPad using the Video Slimmer app. You can resize videos, lower down video quality, cut/trim clips, and more. After the video compression process, videos can be sent to the email on the app.