Check the 100% efficient solution: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
"I insert a new DVD into my DVD player and it plays at the beginning, then when it tries to switch to the menu, it won't play anymore with a black screen. I know it isn't the DVD player issue because all my other old DVDs work fine and the new DVD also plays fine on my laptop. What's wrong?"
You may come across a new DVD that won't play on your DVD player. There may be an error message saying "This disc cannot be played. Please check the disc." The problem may be caused by cracked discs, DRM copy protection, region code, media format, outdated firmware, etc. If you are stumped, here are some things you can do when your DVD player won't recognize new DVDs.
Tips for New DVD That Won't Play on DVD Player
1. Check if the new DVD is damaged. New DVD could also be cracked. If so, ask for a replacement. Also, check on how to repair a damaged DVD.
2. If there's no damage to the new DVD, try playing it on another player.
3. Update your DVD player's firmware. Outdated firmware on your player or computer may lead to the inability to read new discs.
4. Connect the player directly to your TV instead of through stereo or other systems.
5. The region code is a possible reason for new DVDs not playing on the DVD player. Region locked DVDs from one region won't play in another. You can make your DVD player region free.
7. PAL DVDs won't play in a player with NTSC format. Convert DVDs or change the player. Or check if DVD player supports the DVD.
6. DRM prevents new discs from playing. DRM will cause varies DVD not playing issues, for example, discs are not recognized, DVD player stops in the middle of the movie, etc. DVD copy software can bypass DRM and digitize these new DVDs to avoid new DVDs not playing error.
Fix New DVDs Not Playing Error Caused by DRM, Region Code, etc. Convert scratched/DRM protected/region locked DVDS to MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. for playing. Easy & fast
The tool you need - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Rip NTSC/PAL DVDs, new movies on DVDs, region-coded/encrypted DVDs. Any type of discs is supported without needing third party help.
- Rip DVD to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, H.264, HEVC etc. for HDTVs, iPhone, Android mobile, Xbox, PS4, laptops, etc. It requries no DVD player for watching DVDs in this way.
- No.1 speed to convert a disc into digital video files within 3 steps: load the disc -> choose output -> start processing.
Download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows to digitize DVD
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to digitize DVD
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.