How to Convert AVCHD MTS Video to AVI?
Maybe you have bought a brand new Sony, Panasonic or other brands of HD camcorder, like Canon HF S200, Hitachi DZ-BD10HA, JVC GZ-HM1. And when you are greatly surprised by their excellent 27x zoom, Full 1920x1080 Resolution, and 10.6-Megapixel Stills, perhaps you also feel frustrated by its AVCHD/MTS video format recording. How many times you want to change your AVCHD to AVI format, one of the most popular video so far? This article will guide you a right way to convert AVCHD to AVI format, so that you can play AVCHD video or edit AVCHD video without any trouble.
Best AVCHD to AVI Converter
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - This tool can convert all your AVCHD MTS videos to high-quality AVI (divx/xvid) format at super fast speed.
Table of Contents
Understanding of AVCHD and AVI Format
AVCHD - Advanced Video Codec High Definition, is a format for the HD camcorder and camera recording and playback. AVCHD is a form of video compression (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVC) video) that allows the large data files created by HD video recording to be captured and saved on digital media such as hard disk drives and flash memory cards, or DVD disc.
The AVCHD file extension may be .M2TS, .M2T, .MTS, .TS, .TR, .TP, .TRP, .TOD, .MOD, etc.
AVI means Audio Video Interleave. The AVI file type is primarily associated with 'Audio Video Interleave File'. Recent files might be compressed with one or another codecs (like DivX and XviD). It can also be seen with VLC Player, MPlayer, The KMPlayer and QuickTime. After Converting AVCHD to AVI video, you will find that your AVCHD recording becomes much more friendly to your computer, devices, media players or some software.
Advantages of Converting AVCHD to AVI Format
1. Choice of codecs means you can achieve higher rate compression after converting AVCHD to AVI format. In other word, you can shrink an over-large AVCHD file to 4x smaller AVI file. But, the video quality is hard to distinguish by your naked eyes.
2. AVI can be played and edited in mainstream media players and editing software. After converting AVCHD to AVI format, you are enabled to play AVCHD video on Windows PC (Windows Media Player), Play AVCHD on Mac (QuickTime or VLC Media Player), and other platforms.
How to Convert AVCHD to AVI with Fastest AVCHD to AVI Converter?
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe fully supports Level-3 Hardware Acceleration, Multi-core CPU (i3, i5, i7), and armed with Hyper Threading Technology (Converting AVCHD to AVI by multi threads at the same time, speed up the conversion timely). That is why this AVCHD to AVI converter program can be the fastest solution in the current market.
Step 1: Load your target AVCHD video into this AVCHD to AVI converter by clicking "Video" and then "+ Video" button.
Step 2: Click "Target Format", scroll down, and choose "General Video" as category and select "AVI Video" as the output.
Step 3: Set the output folder by clicking "Browse" Button.
Step 4: "RUN" the AVCHD to AVI conversion. Go to Read Detailed Tutorial >>
Other Features of This AVCHD to AVI Converter
1. While converting AVCHD to AVI format, It can convert AVCHD (1080i) video from interlaced to progressive scanning. It will achieve better image quality than original.
2. First and unique AVCHD to AVI converter supports Multi-track video, which helps you play and watch AVI video with the language track you preferred.
3. Built with more than 370 video/audio codecs, it supports converting almost all video formats.
4. It can edit videos, convert DVDs and audios, download videos, record screen and webcam.