Start Converting Your Video
With an intuitive and friendly interface, it's not hard to get started with this software. No matter you'd like to convert videos to MP4 format, transcode 4K/HD to mobiles, or compress 4K UHD to 1080p/720p, this freeware will make all done within 3 steps. Just add your movie video collections to the program and select the profile, the brilliant video transcoder runs - more smoothly. Check the easy steps below.
Step 1. Load your video files.
Install and open it, then import your video file through "+ Video" button, or a simple drag-'n-drop.
Step 2. Choose an output format.
Choose an output format from the automatically popped up window: MOV, MP4, AVI, MP3, iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, PS4 etc.
Step 3. Start Conversion.
Click Browse button to specify the output folder destination if necessary. Tap RUN button to activate video conversion immediately.
Get Started on Converting Videos on Your Windows PCs Now >>
Best 5 Video Converters for Free
When you're searching for a video converter, free can be a filter criteria. Besides, there are many other items like the ability of converting, output quality, conversion speed, or ease of use etc., which may influence your choice. Here we introduce 5 free video converters that perform well in all these aspects.
1. WinX Video Converter
WinX Video Converter is a stable and comprehensive free 4K/HD video converter. It’s available to convert any video to the mainstream video formats, be it HEVC, H.264, MPEG-4, MP4, MKV, M2TS, WMV, MOV, WebM etc. It also allows you to compress video, edit video, convert video to MP4/MP3, and more.
- Convert 4K, HD video to any format without problem.
- Fast processing speed & lossless output quality.
- Pretty easy to operate.
- Lacks features such as burn videos to DVD, text narration.
HandBrake is a freemium multi-platform video conversion tool, which is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It can convert videos to popular formats including H.264/H.265, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Theora, and VP8/9. Besides, it empowers users to use third-party libraries such as x265, FFmpeg, and libvpx to convert videos.
- Hardware acceleration supported.
- Manual & automatic scaling, and deinterlacing.
- Able to convert both DVD and videos.
- Limited video format support.
- Non-intuitive interface and design.
FFmpeg is a free and open source software project which is consisit of a brunch of libraries and programs to record, convert and stream audio and video. For experienced users, converting audios and videos with FFmpeg is pretty easy through command "ffmpeg -i input.mp4 output.webm". However, as it's based on command lines, there might be a little bit trouble for novices especially when they need adjust parameters or do some editings while converting format.
- Support cross-platforms, including Linux, Windows and macOS.
- Allow users to convert, record and stream audio and video.
- Quite difficult for beginners.
- There are too many libraries that make users confused.
4. Freemake Video Converter
As a free video converter that has stood its ground for years, there is something extraordinary about Freemake Video Converter. It allows you to convert videos, burn DVDs, and create photo slideshows. You’re free to convert videos to over 500 formats, including MP4, MP3, WMV, AVI, MKV, DVD, 3GP, MOV, and others. But it doesn’t support converting video to MP3 and other audio formats.
- A simple interface that is easy to understand.
- Excellent formats support.
- Build-in editing tools.
- Take a long time to convert large videos.
- Some features must be unlocked, like video to MP3 conversion, video download, and subtitles etc.
CloudConvert is a renowned online video converter that allows users to convert video files online without installing any third-party plugins or software. It supports more than 200 formats conversion, not only the audios and videos, but also document, ebook, archive, image, spreadsheet, and presentation formats. Besides using open source software under the hood, CloudConvert also has partnered with various software vendors to ensure the best possible output quality.
- Easy to use. No need to install third-party software.
- Convert video to MP4, MOV, WebM, AVI and 200+ formats.
- Available to control video resolution, quality and file size. Best possible output quality ensured.
- Depend more on network speed.
- Cannot convert the video more than 1GB for free accounts. You need to buy a package to convert larger files.