Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
If you are searching for an easy solution, click here: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
There are users reporting that the DVD player spins then stops, or DVD player spins but won't play. For example, "When I put a DVD in, the DVD player is not spinning. The light blinks when it attempts to start the reading but I can't hear any spinning sound." This problem is quite a common error with DVD players and is most likely a hardware issue. But before you buy and replace the disc drive, try the solutions below.
Why and How to FIX DVD Player not Spinning Errors?
1. Faulty DVD lens/head. You may need to open the DVD player and inspect the drive unit. Clean any dirt from the DVD drive. Remember don't insert a disc with a sticker on it, or the sticker may stick on the spinning part and cause the DVD player not spinning disc errors.
2. Check if the disc is placed in the DVD player in the right way (the label is not upside down). There are users who need to manually press the disc down in the DVD player to make the DVD player spin.
3. The DVD spinning motor may lack proper lubrication. You may need to open the case of the DVD player and apply WD-40 or similar lubricant into the motor and drive shaft. Before you do this, make sure it will not void the warranty.
4. If the disc is scratched or damaged in any way, the DVD player spins then stops, or the DVD player spins but won't play. Also check the DVD player manual to see if it supports the DVD format, like DVD4, HDVD, HDVD-9, etc.
Also see: DVD player not reading discs >>
If Disc is Not Spinning in PS4 or Other PlayStation...
1. As soon as the disc is inserted into the PS4, tap semi-hard on the top the PlayStation around the area where the disc is.
2. There are two door sensors in the PlayStation like PS2 and the disc won't spin in the drive if the door is open. Make sure the little black nub above the power switch and the white/brown plastic box at the back of the laser assembly are both pushed down.
3. It's strange that sometimes the DVD player won't spin discs unless the PlayStation is placed vertically.
If error continues or you need to buy a new disc drive, try the Ultimate Fix: Convert DVD to digital files for playback without any spinning errors.Easy & fast
Convert DVD into digital - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Convert any scratched and encrypted DVDs to TVs, players, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android mobile, Xbox, PS4, Kindle, etc.
- Create DVD copy to 1:1 ISO image, or to 98%-quality MP4, MOV, AVI, HEVC, WMV, MKV, etc.
- 5x faster speed with Level-3 Hardware Acceleration tech, 5 mins to copy a DVD on advanced PC.
- Convert DVD to get rid of disc spinning in 3 clicks: load DVD -> select output -> start ripping.
Download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows to digitize DVD on PC
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to digitize DVD on Mac
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.