How to Resize a Video File to Be Smaller on Windows PC/Mac
Resize a Video File (MKV, MTS, MP4, AVI, etc,) with best quality for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc on Windows (10) PC/Mac...
We have hundreds of reasons to change video file size, to upload the recorded graduation or wedding videos to Instagram/Facebook/YouTube, etc, share downloaded feature-length movies, TV shows with friends via Email, free up space for portable devices and more. So, how to make a video smaller in desired size? This article will guide you to resize video (MKV, MTS, MP4, AVI etc,) on Windows (10) PC/Mac with an easy-to-use video resizer.
Free Download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to Resize Video to Be Smaller
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - best video resizing software to zoom out 4K/HD video size maximally, but no quality loss.
• An all-in-one video resizer and converter helps you downsize SD/HD/4K/8K video files (H.265, MKV, MTS, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV etc,) to obtain a more appropriate size/resolution/aspect ratio for uploading to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, etc, email sending or other purposes.
• It also enables you to download videos from YouTube and similar sites (1000+ in total) and resize them for better playback on devices.
Online video resizer looks great, really?
Out of convenience for not downloading and installing third-party software, many users try online video compressors to compress video file for free. Sometimes, it does help you get video smaller in size smoothly and easily via adding the target video > choosing resize for (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook etc.) > starting resizing > saving the resized video. While more often you're trapped in problems and disadvantages of online video resizer.
- Strict size limit. Users can only upload videos no more than 500MB for cropping and resizing online, which is too much small for 4K video size. 1 min of 4K video in H.264 at 30fps occupies 350MB storage space. Worse still, 4K is even not acceptable for online resizers.
- As the compression speed is largely dependent on network and bandwidth, it can be very slow. And it also takes long time to load video.
- Only a few video formats are supported in online video resizing services, while desktop video compression software allows almost all mainstream formats.
- You cannot manually tweak video/audio parameters in online video resizers. Thus some video could output poor quality in default mode.
- There is a big possibility for adware and malware when shrinking video dimension online. And batch compression isn't allowed online.
Thus, to downsize 4K/HD video without losing the original quality and freely change customize its parameters, you're more recommended to try a 4K video compressor which can achieve a delicated balance on file size, quality and speed.
Garner the Best Video Resizer
Experienced users may keep some frequently-used programs in hand, for example Windows Movie Maker, HandBrake, but meanwhile face the limitation of compatible video formats and some unexpected not working errors. If you want to successfully resize any video files with no effort at all, we highly recommend WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
Built-in 370+ video/audio codec, this WinX supports almost all mainstream video formats, including H.265, MKV, MTS, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG, WebM, FLV, 3GP, VOB, HD camcorder formats (MOD, TOD) etc. Especially, it reduces 4K videos size at highest quality. Packed with editing tools and parameter settings, it is available to make crazy large 4K/HD videos smaller by trimming/cropping videos or customize video/audio options.
How to Resize a Video with Best Quality on PC/Mac
Beyond everything, please download and install WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on your Windows (10) PC. It also comes with a Mac version empowering users to resize video on Mac hassle-free.
Step 1. Import Target Video File
Launch this WinX video resizer and tap +Video button on navigation bar to import the video file you want to resize.
Step 2. Select Output Format
In fact, video format/codec plays an important role in video size. Some video formats/codecs like H.265 which supports 8K resolution contributes large size for a file. Therefore, if you want to resize a HD video, it's better to compress the video to a format with compact file size but good quality, like MP4, AVI. If you want to get a smaller video size with plain quality, FLV and 3GP are good choices.
Also, in terms of final use, you can also directly downscale 4K/HD video size for uploading to YouTube, Whatsapp, Instagram or the like, as well as optimize video size to perfectly fit with iPhone XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6S, iPad, Xbox, PS4, Apple TV etc.
Step 3. Personalize Video/Audio Parameters
After choosing a suitable format, tap the setting button to access to video/audio options. Higher resolution, bit rate and frame rate leads to bigger video size. Adjust those parameters to lower value for video resizing. In addition, if you lower the resolution from 1280x720 for widescreen to 640x480, please change aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 fitting with the resolution. You can also alter audio options to reduce more video file size.
Step 4. Trim/Crop Video
Tap Edit button. There are two options allow you to resize video file: Crop and Trim.
A part of videos are displayed with black top, bottom or side bars. Select Crop & Expand tab and check Enable crop. Drag the crop letterbox or set position/size manually to remove irrelevant images.
And, you can trim a long length video into clips or cut some uninterested contents like film leader and tail, ads embedded in videos etc. Select Trim tab and check Enable Trim. Set Start and End Time by dragging progress bar or inputting the specific value.
Step 5. Start Resizing Video
Tap Browse button to pick destination folder (hard drive or device) and click RUN button to start resizing video.
Still have trouble on how to resize a video file on PC/Mac, just Mail Us >>