If you are searching for an easy solution, click here: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
If you come across VLC won't rip DVD problem, find causes and the easiest way out.
1. I'm trying to convert a DVD with VLC, but it generates a weird error message that says DVDRead could not open the disk. It's especially weird as VLC plays the DVD fine... If anyone can offer any help that will be great!
2. I'm following the instructions from How-To Geek: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/2696/how-to-rip-dvds-with-vlc/, and anytime I click "start", it just shuts out and looks like how it does when you first open VLC, no special recording or streaming message or moving anything.
Did this have something to do with the DRM or something, doesn't it....
3. When I insert a newer movie DVD and open VLC, I get this error Playback failure: DVDRead could not read -1/4 blocks at 0x7c0. File reading failed: VLC could not open the file "vlc:quit". Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'vlc:quit'. Check the log for details.
There must be piles of users who have ripped DVD with VLC. However, ripping DVD with VLC will not always run well. When you encounter "VLC won't rip DVD" matter, just follow the guides below.
How to fix VLC won't rip DVD - Check the steps and other settings
• Let's check the VLC ripping DVD steps first in case it's your misoperation that leads to VLC won't rip DVD:
Step 1: Open Disc (in Media option) -> Choose Disc device and the DVD Title/Chapter to find out the correct title with full movie content -> Play
Step 2: Convert/Save (also in Media option) -> Select Disc device and DVD Title/Chapter again at Disc window -> Convert/Save
Step 3: Do DVD ripping settings, like choosing profile (MP4, WebM, TS, OGG, H.264, MPEG, HD, Android, Audio etc.), destination folder and deinterlace.
Step 4: All things done, click "start" to beging the VLC ripping DVD to video/audio.
If all steps are right and VLC still cannot rip DVD, do the following troubleshooting tips:
• Take the DVD disc out of the DVD-ROM drive and put it in again, or alter a DVD disc to have a try.
• Restart your Windows PC or Mac OS X.
• Reset VLC to default settings, or unistall and reinstall the VLC player, better the latest version (currently V.2.2.0).
If those troubleshooting steps all fail to work, it means you should find other ways to fix VLC won't rip DVD problems, be it a certain one or a pile of DVDs.
If you need the easiest solution to fix VLC won't rip DVD: Use a powerful DVD ripper as VLC alternative Easier & fast Solution
That VLC won't rip DVD problem cannot be settled via above methods means it's a must-do to find an alternative way to rip DVDs, especially rip what VLC cannot rip. Fortunately, No.1 DVD ripper - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum fits the bill, with which you will be no longer worry about "VCL rip DVD doesn't work sometimes" or "VLC rip DVD with so slow speed" any more. And this program provides much more media formats/device profiles than VLC, and can also edit DVD video, add subtitle, take snapshot as VLC does.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - The Best Alternative to VLC for DVD Ripping.
This is the No. 1 fast DVD ripping software for both Windows and macOS, which allows you to remove any DVD encryption technologies, like CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, APS and even Disney X-project DRM, and convert DVD to nearly all mainstream video/audio formats and portable devices, be it MP4, AVI, M4V, FLV, or iPhone, iPad, Andorid, PSP, Xbox, Chromecast, while delivering 3x-5x ripping speed than any other DVD rippers in the market. Just get it to say bye-bye to VLC won't rip DVD matter NOW!
How to Copy (Protected) DVD on Your Windows PC/Mac OS X with No.1 DVD Ripper?
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum can remove copy protection from DVD, easily getting rid of DVD CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs and even Disney X-project DRM at the ripping process. It is being continuously updated to rip any newly released movie DVDs, like The Gunman, Chappie, Kingsman: The Secret Service, McFarland, USA, Jupiter Ascending, Taken 3 and The Hobbit 3. Here we take ripping/copying Disney film Frozen on Windows 10 for example to show you how to rip a copy protected DVD with it.
Step 1 - Load Frozen DVD Video
Put DVD to DVD-ROM drive, run WinX DVD Riper Platinum, and click "DVD Disc" button on the top left to upload DVD content in just a few seconds.
Step 2 - Choose DVD Ripping Format/Device
The 320+ different output formats and 350+ device profiles cover nearly all mainstream ones, e.g MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, iPhone, iPad, Android, Xbox, PSP, Chromecast, MP3, WAV, HD video. Also, "DVD Backup" profile is recommended for lossless DVD ripping, like "Main Title Copy" and "Full Title Copy". As to the right movie title, WinX DVD Ripper can analyze and check it automatically. Here Title 1 is the right title of Frozen DVD.
Step 3 - Advanced Settings (Optional)
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum can help you:
Select subtitle and audio channel;
Add external SRT subtitle to movie video;
Edit movie file by adjusting audio volume, cropping/trimming video;
Select the path to save ripped movie video by clicking "Browse" to;
Choose "Safe Mode" to prevent the process from crashing/stopping at 99%/very end.
Step 4 - Run Frozen DVD Ripping
Tap the blue "RUN" button to begin ripping Frozen DVD at No.1 fast speed, 3-5x faster than general DVD rippers in the market, let alone VLC media player.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
* The free trial version can just rip DVD content in 5 minutes at most. So if this program is palatable to you, just buy it right away!
* Still have trouble about how to fix VLC won't rip DVD, "VLC cannot Rip DVD" issues? Please feel free to Email Us >>