5 Best Smart Bluray DVD Players that Stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and More
If you want to watch movies on DVD and stream movies over the internet from Netflix, you'll love a DVD player with Netflix streaming feature. Do Sony and LG have a DVD player that can play Netflix? Yes. LG announced its plan to introduce a Blu-ray DVD player with Netflix streaming as early as 2008. Sony has many models with Netflix support. Now, we can find many Bluray DVD players that can stream Netflix in Amazon, Walmart, and the like. With so many DVD streaming players, choosing a suitable one sounds like a hassle. Don't worry. Here we'll introduce the best Bluray DVD players with Netflix to narrow down your choices. We also searched car, head rest, portable DVD players with Netflix but in vain.
Table of Contents
Part 1. Best Bluray DVD Players with Netflix
In this part, we'll introduce 3 Bluray DVD players that support Netflix streaming. These devices are more expensive than ordinary DVD players.
1. LG BP350
- Ratings: 4.2 out of 5
- Price: $82.85 Buy now on Amazon
- It is a Bluray DVD player with built-in WiFi, so users can access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify and more.
- It supports playing BD-R, BD-RE, BD-ROM, DVDR, DVDRW, DVD-ROM, Audio CD, CD-R, CD-RW, DTS-CD.
- It is designed with USB port, so users can insert a USB flash drive and play MPEG-1/2, MPEG-2 PS/TS, MPEG-4 AVC (H. 264), SMPTE VC1 (VC-9), MKV, AVC-REC, AVCHD, M4V, WMV, 3GP, MP4, MOV, FLV, VOB, TS and DAT, and connect this player to your computer.
- It has HDMI input. With the HDMI cable (included in the box), users can enjoy exceptional image quality with 1080p.
- SMART HI-FI-COMPATIBLE. Connect your LG Smart Hi-Fi compatible device to your network via Wi-Fi to send music from your CD or USB to LG Music Flow Speakers.
2. Sony BDP-S3700
- Ratings: 4.3 out of 5
- Price: $113.99 Buy now on Amazon
- This DVD player allows users to access Netflix, YouTube, Crackle and more. If you're looking for a DVD player with both Netflix and Hulu, this isn't a choice because Hulu and PlayStation Now are not supported.
- It can play BD-R, BD-RE, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, VCD, CD, CD-R, and CD-RW. DVDs can be upscaled to near-HD quality.
- This DVD streaming player can also read files of different formats from USB, including 3G2, 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AAC, AC3, ASF, AVCHD, AVI, FLA, FLAC, FLV, GIF, JPEG, LPCM, M2TS, M4A, MKA, MOV, MP3, MPEG-1 PS, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2 PS, MPG, MTS, PNG, VC-1, WAV, WMA, WMA9, and XVID.
- Equipped with Miracast screen mirroring technology, it allows users to view Android mobile devices' photos, videos, and music on TV.
- The support for DLNA makes it stream and transfer files between DLNA-supported devices.
- It delivers clear, high-fidelity surround sound with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD, and TRILUMINOS color.
3. Sony BDP-BX370
- Ratings: 4.4 out of 5
- Price: $78 Buy now on Amazon
If Sony BDP-S3700 is too expensive for you, you can try this model. These two models have many similar features, but BDP-BX370 is much cheaper. If you're searching for a DVD player with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, you should try BDP-BX370.
- This bluray DVD player can also stream Netflix, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora and more services.
- It can play Bluray and DVD with near HD resolution. HDMI cable is provided.
- It produces great sound and image quality with TRILUMINOS, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-HD.
- It allows users to share content across all DLNA-supported devices.
- Content on mobiles can be mirrored to a big screen.
4. Sony BDP-S6700
- Ratings: 4.4 out of 5
- Price: $145.99 Buy now on Amazon
- This is a smart DVD player with Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, YouTube, and more. It supports more than 300 streaming apps.
- Different from BDP-S3700 upscaling content to near-HD quality, BDP-S6700 will upscale your Blu-rays, DVD movies, and photos to near-4K quality.
- It can convert 2D video to simulated 3D for enhanced depth.
- This Bluray DVD streaming player can play BD-R, BD-RE, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, and VCD Audio: CD, CD-R, CD-RW. Note: Although it supports 4K upscaling, it doesn't support 4K Ultra HD discs.
- It also allows inserting a USB flash drive and play 3G2, 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AAC, AC3, ASF, AVCHD, AVI, FLA, FLAC, FLV, GIF, JPEG, LPCM, M2TS, M4A, MKA, MOV, MP3, MPEG-1 PS, MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG2 PS, MPG, MTS, PNG, VC-1, WAV, WMA, WMA9, and XVID.
- With this player, you will enjoy premium sound quality and lifelike colors.
- It utilizes LDAC – a new audio technology – to allow you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth.
- Thanks to Miracast screen mirroring technology, your content on Android can be casted to your TV.
5. LG BPM25
- Ratings 4.3 out of 5
- Price: $64.95 Buy now on Amazon
If you're looking for a cheap Bluray DVD player that also gets Netflix, buying LG BPM25 from Amazon Renewed Store is a good deal. This pre-owned product works and looks like new and backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
- This Bluray DVD player can play Netflix, Instant Video, Vudu, YouTube and more.
- It can play DVD, Blu-ray disc, CD, and content on your USB drive.
- CD/USB audio can be sent via Music Flow to any Music Flow compatible device in your home.
- It includes HDMI, so you can enjoy high quality content.
So above are the best smart Bluray DVD players with Netflix. If you still want to know how to access Netflix from your Bluray DVD player and how to fix Netflix not working on Bluray DVD player, just keep reading.
Part 2. How to Access Netflix from Bluray DVD Player?
Step 1. Connect your Bluray DVD player to an active internet connection.
Step 2. Perform a Network Update from the Settings menu of your Bluray DVD player.
- Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Update.
- Press the Enter button to run the update.
Step 3. Register the Bluray DVD player.
Step 4. Link a Netflix account to the Blu-ray DVD player using a computer or the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player. After linking the account, you will be able to access Netflix from the Internet Video section in the menu of the Blu-ray Disc player.
Part 3. Why Is Netflix Not Working on Your Bluray DVD Player?
There are a few possible reasons.
- Your Bluray DVD player doesn't support Netflix.
- You're in a country or region where Netflix is not supported.
- Your internet connection isn't working properly.
- Your Bluray DVD player doesn't have the latest software update.
Besides checking these things, you can try closing your Netflix app and open it again later. You should unplug your device's power cord (mains lead) and then plug it back in once it has been unplugged.