Best Free Video Compressor for Windows 10/8/7
This post reviews the best free Windows 10 video compressor and guides users to compressing the file size of 4K and other resolution/format videos (Gopro 4K HEVC, 4K H.264, MP4, MKV, AVCHD, M2TS, etc.) on Windows 10 without noticeable quality loss. Follow our guide, users can quickly reduce large videos up to 90% off.
Table of Content
Best Free Video Compressor for Windows (10) to Reduce 4K/HD Video Size to 90% Off
WinX Video Converter [100% Free & Clean] - Best free video compression software for Windows 10/8/7, etc. to shrink any video like MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI, MP4, WMV, downscale 4K to 1080p, reduce size of Gopro/DJI drone 4K HEVC, 4K H.264 videos, etc. with ease. Free video converting and editing are also both accessible.
Tuturial: How to Reduce (MKV, 4K HEVC/H.264) Video File Size on Windows 10 for Free
Free download and install this first-class free video compression software for Windows 10 on your PC, and then follow the 3 simple steps below to free convert compress (MKV, 8K, 4K, Gopro HEVC/H.264) video on Windows 10.
Step 1: Import the source video you'd like to compress
Click "+ Video" button on the top-left of the video compression software for Windows 10. Browse your Windows 10 computer hard drive to select the video you want to shrink. You can add several videos for batch processing later.
Step 2: Select the output format for the compressed video
This top-notch compressor provides hundreds of output profiles. Freely choose one output video format in the output profile window like MP4, FLV, etc. You can adjust the video audio parameters by clicking the wheel-like icon and click "Edit" button to trim/crop the video.
Step 3: Start compressing videos for free on Windows 10Select a destination folder to store the compressed video file. And click "RUN" to start fast free compressing videos with highest quality on Windows 10.
Top 2 Free Video Compressor for Windows 10 - Handbrake
HandBrake is a well-known video transcoding tool available for Windows 10. The open source program can work as a free video compressor as well. It compresses 4K 1080P MP4/MKV/MOV/WMV etc. videos by converting videos into HEVC and adjusting the video audio parameters (bitrate, framerate, etc.) However, HandBrake isn't an easy-to-use video compressor for Windows 10. If you're not a tech-savvy guy, it's easy to get stuck in those complicated settings. In the end, you might get a bigger video file, or ruined output videos. Below are typical complaints.
"I have a lot of mp4 files I'd like to compress to save space. I've tried Handbrake but it makes output files bigger than the originals. Anything else I can try?"
"I have tried the program Handbrake and had a couple of issues with it. For some strange reason the file always deletes itself after it's finished compressing. It seems to be a common issue with Handbrake if you google it, but I don't believe there is a fix yet."
For more detailed guide, check "Handbrake tutorial: compress videos without losing quality".
Top 3 Free Online Video Compressor for Windows 10 - Zamzar
Opponents of desktop-based program argue that a free online compressor is enough to reduce MP4 file size on Windows 10. Yes, sometimes online service offers MP4/MKV/MOV/WMV etc. compression on Windows 10. Check our review of top 7 free online video compressor if you want to use such web-based services for the video compression task on Windows 10. But it's necessary to point out the most common issues with online video compressors.
- Online video compression services, such as Convert.Files and Zamzar, are filled with ads or redirects.
- They have limitations on input file size, 100-500MB. If your video file is larger than the maximum size, you have to pay monthly for it.
- Online video compressor requires registration on Windows 10.
- Email address is always required to receive download link of compressed video files, which may contain virus or other malware.
- Online MP4 compressors cost more time, because they rely on network bandwidth, and support one-by-one compression only.
Tips: How Can Video File Size Be Compressed on Windows
1. Convert/compress video to other formats which has higher compression: MP4 is top recommended as it is accepted by most media players, devices and websites, and has a fame for good compression with relatively smaller size. You can convert large video files to a more efficient codec format, such as H.264 to HEVC etc. for smaller size yet same high quality. If your devices support H.265 codec, you can further compress the video to 50% smaller by re-encoding H.264 codec to HEVC without quality loss.
2. Reduce the bit rate: This is a lossy video compression. You could compress the video by reducing its bit rate to get a smaller size, but you will get inferior video quality. Lower bit rate, smaller size, lower quality.
3. Lower the video resolution: Also a lossy compression. You can downscale video resolution like 4K to 1080p, HD to 720p/480p etc. with this free video shrinker for Windows 10 to perfectly fit for iPhone iPad, etc.
4. Cut unwanted parts of the video: The last way to get a more compressed video is to remove unnecessary parts of the video. WinX Video Converter allows you to trim video by setting start time and end time. You can click "Edit" icon to find the trim function.
Via the ways above, the size of videos can be reduced to 40% to 90% smaller yet without visual quality loss. Free download the compressor on Windows 10 to easily reduce the size of any 4K/HD videos on Windows 10.
Watch Video Tutorial: How to Compress a Video without Losing Quality
Grab the Best Windows 10 Video Compressor to Have A Try Now!
The free version is always limited. If you want to do more with the video compressor, you can go to the advanced WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to unlock more functions like 8K support, more preset profiles, faster speed based on hardware acceleration etc. Free download it to have a try now!