If Xbox One Won't Play Redbox DVD, Try This Troubleshooting Guide
Install the Blu-ray Player on your Xbox One, and then you can play DVDs and Blu-rays on this game console. However, just like a computer or standalone DVD player that sometimes will not play your discs, the Xbox One may also be unable to read and play the disc you insert.
My Xbox One always has problems with Redbox discs. I either get some problems when the audio stops (with a message saying it's anti-piracy stuff) or the discs don't read.
Why will Xbox One not play a Redbox DVD disc? This problem might relate to the Redbox disc, the Xbox One, the player app installed on the Xbox One, or the region code (Xbox One isn't region free for DVDs). To determine what causes this issue, you can insert other discs into your Xbox One and see if they can play properly or not. If every other disc can play on the Xbox One without errors, the problem is with the Redbox disc itself. Otherwise, the Xbox One or its player software should be responsible for this problem.
How to Fix Xbox One Not Playing Redbox DVD Disc?
Each one below represents a solution. So, after you've completed one fix, try playing your Redbox disc.
1. Clean the Redbox DVD. Your Redbox DVD may be stained by fingerprints, dust, or others.
2. Contact Redbox support if the disc looks good but cannot be read by the Xbox One and other players. They may give you a refund or a promo code to cover the rental, with which you can rent another copy.
3. Clear the persistent storage on the Blu-ray Player: Settings > Disc and Blu-Ray > Persistent Storage > Clear. Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Blu-Ray app.
4. Reinstall the Blu-ray Player. Update it if there's a new version. See the common DVD player problems and fixes if you cannot play DVD.
5. Use a lens cleaner to clean the disc drive lens of your Xbox One. Or, you can bring it to a store to have it professionally handled.
6. Game consoles, including the Xbox One, Xbox 360, as well as the Playstation 4 and 5, can't play some DVDs. There is no good explanation for it, but it can also happen with a Redbox DVD. You can also contact the film's distributor to ask them to replace the disc.
7. A user on the Reddit Forum fixed the issue by playing the Reddit DVD on his Xbox One after it just played one of his owned Blu-rays. It's wired, but it works. You can try it.
8. Contact Xbox support. They may release a software update for the Blu-ray player to address the issue of a specific DVD title not playing.
Try ripping Redbox DVD to an Xbox One playable format MP4
After ripping a DVD, you can directly transfer the digital copy to the Xbox One for playback. You don't need to insert the disc into the disc drive of the Xbox One and you don't need to start the Blu-ray Player. Therefore, even if there are some problems with the disc, the drive or the player app, you'll still be able to play the Redbox movie title on Xbox One without experiencing the 0x91d70000 error or other issues.
To rip Redbox DVD to Xbox One, you can use WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Offer Xbox presets to help rip Redbox DVD to MP4/AVI for Xbox One with ease. Check how to >>
- Deliver original DVD quality while compressing the file size greatly.
- Finish a DVD ripping within 5 minutes by using hardware acceleration and other techs.
- In addition to movie DVD, it also supports TV series DVD, workout DVD, music DVD, etc.
- Come with 350+ output profiles, enabling you to rip DVD to all popular formats and devices.
Watch YouTube Video: How to Fix Xbox One Playback Failure Issue?
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.