Xbox One Disc Drive Repair: Fix Top 5 Xbox One Disc Drive Errors by Yourself
[DIY Repair] Fix Xbox One disk drive by yourself.
According to market researcher IHS Markit, Microsoft's Xbox One captures a total of 26 percent share in console hardware market in 2016. Although it lags far behind that of Sony PS4, it is undoubtedly a popular game console. In this article, we're not going to compare Xbox One with Sony PS4 or others, but will show you how to fix Xbox One disc drive by yourself, to troubleshoot various Xbox One disc drive not working errors, such as Xbox One can't read discs, without spending a large sum of money.
Hurray! We can still play DVD content on Xbox One when disc drive is not working
With WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, you can rip Xbox One compatible digital files off home-made and copy-protected movie DVDs, TV series DVDs, workout DVDs and others (game DVDs are excluded.) on your computer, for later streaming to Xbox One. This is also a good way to play DVDs encoded with other region codes. No quality loss. No tech skills required. DVD ripping is easy and fast.
Please DO Not use WinX DVD Ripper to rip rental DVDs.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
Top 5 Xbox One Disc Drive Errors and DIY Fixes
Xbox One can't read any discs.
This problem may result from an internal hardware issue, if your Xbox One displays "insert disc" message, display error, or doesn't make any response after you inserting any type of disc. Try below fixes.
1. Change the power settings from Instant-On to Energy Saving: Press the Xbox button on your controller -> Settings -> All Settings -> Power -> Power Mode -> choose Energy Saving. Then restart Xbox One console and insert a disc to try again. If the issue goes away, you can change the settings back to Instant-On.
2. Check if your Xbox One uses the latest software version: Settings -> All Settings -> System -> Updates -> Update console. If no updates show up, your console is up to date.
3. Disassembly your Xbox One disc drive and inspect it to see if there're broken or loose parts, damaged or torn cables, or other abnormal thing. You should know that disassembling will void any warranty from the manufacturer or Gamers Repair.
4. If you have tried all the above fixes, but Xbox One disk drive still can't recognize your discs, you may have to require repair from professional services or a replacement.
Xbox One can recognize some discs.
If your Xbox One can load and play some discs, but doesn't recognize others or delivers an error, fix this issue using the following methods.
1. Make sure your disc isn't scratched and clean. If there're finger prints, dust and other debris on your disc, clean it using a soft and clean cloth. Please note that you should hold the disc by the outer edges and wipe the surface from inside to outside.
2. Try playing your disc on a different Xbox One console. If it can be read by other's device, the problem may be caused by your console.
3. Ensure that the region code of your disc is same to that of your Xbox One. If not, Xbox One won't accept it, because Xbox One is region locked for DVDs and Blurays.
Disc stuck in Xbox One disk drive/Xbox One won't eject disc.
If your disc is stuck in Xbox One disc drive, you have two solutions to have a try.
1. Restart your Xbox One and then try ejecting again.
Press Xbox button on your controller, select Settings and then Restart console. Next, choose Yes to confirm. After rebooting Xbox One, press the eject button to see if the disc will be ejected.
2. Manually eject the disc from Xbox One disc drive using a paper clip.
1) Disconnect the power code and any other cables connected to Xbox One.
2) Uncoil a large paper clip, because it must be inserted about 1.5 inches.
3) Locate the small orange circle behind the vents on the left side of Xbox One.
4) Put the straight end of the paper clip into the eject hole situated next to the orange rectangle, and then angle it slightly forward.
5) Later, your disc should eject from Xbox One disc drive. Before inserting a disc into it, you should make sure that it isn't sticky or doesn't have a label to cause this issue again.
Abnormal noise is emitted when inserting a disc into Xbox One disc drive.
If you hear grinding, ticking or other abnormal noises when you inserting a disc into Xbox One disc drive or playing it, I'm afraid that there may be an internal hardware problem. You're supposed to disassemble your disc drive to check if there're obstructions, broken or missing parts, or other possible damage. But as I told you in the first Xbox One disc drive problem, it will invalidate warranty. If there is something wrong with disk drive, ask help from repair service.
Xbox One keeps ejecting disc.
If your Xbox One disc drive keeps spitting out discs randomly even if there's no disc in the tray, try the following fixes (also check Fixes to PS4 Manual Disc Eject Not Working).
1. Hard reset Xbox One: hold the power button down for 10 seconds until it turns off, leave it for another 10 seconds after shutting down, and then turn it on again.
2. Plug your Xbox One directly into a wall outlet, instead of a surge protector or power strip.
3. Wipe off the eject sensor button with a soft cloth to keep it clean.
If those Xbox One disc drive problems persist after trying all these fixes, you have to send it to Microsoft or other repair services. It will cost a lot to repair or replace disc drive of Xbox One. To make your disc drive more durable, it is advisable to switch to digital files when possible. You can directly buy digital games, movies, and others. Alternatively, you can use a DVD ripper (e.g., WinX DVD Ripper Platinum) to rip a digital copy off DVD disc.
Best DVD Ripper to Rip DVD to Xbox One
✔ Rip home-made or copy-protected movie DVDs (incl. Disney 99-title discs), TV series DVDs, workout DVDs, music DVDs, Japanese AV DVDs and even some damaged DVDs. (Note: game DVDs aren't supported.)
✔ High Quality Engine, hardware acceleration and other technologies guarantee high-quality output and super fast DVD ripping speed.
✔ Only 3 simple steps are required to rip DVD to Xbox One: load DVD -> choose an Xbox One output profile -> begin ripping.
Video Tutorial: How to Fix Xbox One Not Playing DVD Issue?