How to Copy DVD to iPhone Easily and Fast
"I have a number of very rare, instructional DVDs and I've been carrying the packs around for like 10 years. I would like to rip them into another format and put them to my iPhone in case I'd ever need in a few years from now. How can I do that?"
Do you want to watch your favorite DVD collections on iPhone when you are not at home? Do you want to share your homemade DVD to friends in a party? Or do you want to watch some educational DVDs on the journey to save up time for fun? All your wishes can be realized by converting DVD to iPhone compatible formats then transfer them to your iPhone. But how? Read on to know more.
General Media Formats Supported by iPhone.
Before you convert a DVD to iPhone, let's have a look at what formats are compatible for iPhone. In fact, iPad, iPod share the same video formats as iPhone does, so the below-listed formats for iPhone are adapted for iPad, iPod and other iOS devices as well.
▶ H.264 video: up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio or Dolby Audio up to 1008 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo or multichannel audio, in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
▶ MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
▶ HEVC video: Officially, iPhones are well compatible with HEVC. The support for HEVC is built into iOS 11 and later. Theoretically, iPhones will support the playback of HEVC video. So you can convert a DVD to HEVC for iPhone.
▶ Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) video: up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 fps, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
▶ Audio formats: AAC‑LC, HE‑AAC, HE‑AAC v2, Protected AAC (MP4 from iTunes Store), MP3, Linear PCM, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Dolby Digital (AC‑3), Dolby Digital Plus (E‑AC‑3), Dolby Atmos, and Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+)
Convert DVD to iPhone, there are some requirements:
● Convert physical DVDs to a format that can be played on an iPhone, like DVD to MP4 at 16:9 (640 x 360 or 720 x 405) for iPhone display.
● iPhone storage ranges from 16GB to 258GB. No matter to put multiple DVD movies onto iPhone or to give more room or resource-heavy 4K recoding, streaming, the smaller the converted file size, the better.
● If there are DVDs from studios, the tool should be able to cope with various DVD protections, like 99 titles, CSS, region codes, RCE, etc.
● The last but not the least, the output quality should be as good as the source.
Tool You Need to Convert any DVDs to iPhone
To get the best possible DVD to iPhone rip, we recommend a specially designed tool - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
1) Convert a DVD to h.264, HEVC, MPEG-4, MJPEG, AAC, AC3, MP3 for iPhone. If you have no idea about the codec stuff, there are ready profiles for iPhone 11/Pro/Max/XS, iPad, iPod, Apple-TV, Android, and 350+ other profiles.
2) Remove DVD copy protection like region codes, CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs and Disney X-project DRM without third-party addons. You can convert any DVD whether you know or not without any scruple.
3) The High Quality Engine and "Yadif Double Frames" Deinterlacing is to ensure the best possible quality, up to 98% original quality reserved.
4) Flexible options offered to clip segment, adjust video resolutions, bit rate, etc. to keep the output video under 1GB for iPhone storage.
5) The GPU accelerated rip powered by Intel® QSV and NVIDIA® NVENC/CUDA delivers 47x faster speed.
Step by Step Guide to Convert DVD to iPhone Formats
Step 1 -Load DVD movie
Run WinX DVD to iPhone Ripper and insert your DVD. You can convert a DVD Disc, ISO image, DVD folder. Click the Disc to load the DVD and it will start to detect the title of the movie. Unlike many other tools, you don't need to test with each title, or check the possible title by playing the DVDs one by one, it will identify the correct title quickly.
Step 2 - Select output format
Then a window will automatically pop up asking you to select an output format. You can click General Profiles, find an iPhone supported format like MP4 h.264+aac. The easier way is to click Apple Device and choose the model of your device.
Step 3 - Set encoding parameters
To make the final DVD video smaller for storage-constrained iPhones, there are more steps to go. Back to the main interface, click the gear button next to the selected profile, and there you can adjust the video and audio encoding preferences.
● Bit Rate: Normally, the higher bit rate, the better quality and the larger size. You can lower the bit rate by 200~500kbps to shrink the image slightly without visually quality loss.
● Resolution: DVD is normally 720×480 pixels or 720×540. Click the Customize button next to Reslution, and change the resolution to 640 x 360 or 720 x 405. This way, there will be no black bars on the top and bottom.
Step 4 - Convert file
Click the Browse button to select a destination folder. After that, check the files needed to convert in the file list, and click the RUN button on the main interface, to start converting the movie. You can view the conversion progress from the progress bar at the bottom of the dialogbox.
Learn How to Convert DVDs to MP4 for iPhones via the Video Tutorial
How to Copy DVD Video to iPhone Fast and Easily
After the DVD is converted into iPhone supported formats, all you need is to sync the video to iPhone. You can do it by:
1) Open iTunes, drag and drop the converted MP4 to iTunes. Then connect your iPhone and sync the converted movie to your device.
2) Open Dropbox or other cloud storage services and upload the converted file to it. Then you can play the movies on iPhone or other devices with Dropbox app installed. You need to pay attention to the your space plan and the internet speed.
3) Open Finder on macOS Catalina, and sync the file from the computer to your iPhone from here.
4) If the Apple-owned iPhone file syncing tool erases data easily or seems to be too complicated, there is an easier way WinX MediaTrans. It requires drag and drop only to sync massive videos, photos, music, audio, etc. between iDevices and the computer.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose. Before you copy DVD to iPhone, check DVD copyright laws in your countries.