Updated by Matthew Palmer - Contact Author
If you're seeking for an easy solution, click here: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
Why My Xbox One not working in Disc Reading? How to Fix it?
In our recent post "can Xbox One play DVDs", we have discussed how to play DVDs on Xbox One with or without a disc drive. However, many users still have trouble to have the discs read by the Xbox One. There could be many reasons for that your Xbox One won't read all or some Digital Video Disks. The causes can be simply classified to the DVD disc itself, the Xbox One console problems, and the third-party tool. Let's cut to the chase and see how to fix the Xbox One not reading disc issue using different solutions:
- If It's the Reason of DVD, How to Fix Xbox One Not Reading Disc error?
- If It's the Reason of Xbox One Console, How to Fix Xbox One Won't Read Disc?
- If It's the Reason of Third-party Apps, How to Fix Xbox One Not Playing Disc?
- [Our pick] Rip DVD to Xbox One - Fix Xbox One Failed to Read Disc Error for Whatever Reasons
How to Fix Xbox One Not Reading Discs Caused by A Damaged/Dirty or Wrong Region-locked DVD
- #1: Ensure the DVD is clean and not defective.Clean the DVD with a soft, clean and slightly damp cloth. Hold the DVD by the edges without touching the top or bottom surface. It's also an effective fix for no disc found after inserting a disc into DVD-DOM.
- #2: Try to fix the grinds or scratches on DVD.Scratches are always created carelessly by kids or adults, so are grinds (which can also be caused by hardware defect). To fix scratches, grinds or minor damages on DVD, you can appeal to WinX DVD Copy Pro for help. In sector-by-sector manner, it will clone your scratched DVD to another normal DVD that can be playable on your Xbox One or other DVD player.
- #3: Make sure your DVD's region is identical with that of the Xbox. Xbox One isn't region free for DVDs. If you bought the console from one country, but purchased the disc from the other country, the Xbox One will fail to read and play the DVD if it is region-encoded.
How to Fix Xbox One Won't Read Disc Since Xbox One Not Recognizing DVDs
- #1: Make sure your Xbox One is placed horizontally on a flat.
- #2: Manually eject a disc from your Xbox One console if your disc is stuck in your Xbox.
- #3: Test whether it is the problem of the Xbox One's disc drive (using different DVDs, or through different Xbox consoles). If it is the cause of xbox one disc drive not working, go to a retailed store to maintain it or request a repair online.
- #4: Set Instant-On power mode to Energy saving power mode.
How to Fix Xbox One Not Playing DVD owing to An Improper DVD Player Installation on Xbox One
- #1: Make sure the DVD player app has installed successfullyIf you can play game discs but not other DVDs, make sure that the DVD player app has installed properly.
If none of the solutions above can settle the Xbox One won't read disc problem, try ripping the DVD to Xbox supported video format, before Xbox One can play the video or music file ripped from the DVD. See how to get rid of the "Xbox One not reading DVD" issue in a special way below:
Rip DVD to Xbox One - Fix Xbox One Not Working Error in DVD Reading for Whatever Reasons
No matter what makes Xbox One not reading DVD discs, digitalizing those discs is always a good way. To make Xbox One play such videos/audios, you can try a reliable DVD ripper - WinX DVD Ripper to first convert the DVDs to Xbox One supported video or audio formats as follows:
Xbox One Supported Video and Container Formats:
MKV, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, WMV, WMV HD, MOV, AVI DivX, DV AVI, AVI uncompressed, AVI Xvid, H.264 AVCHD, 3GP, 3GP2, ASF, M-JPEG, MPEG-PS, MPEG-2, MPEG-2 HD, MPEG-2 TS
Xbox One Supported Audio Formats:
MP3, AAC, WMA, WMA Lossless, WMA Pro, WMA Voice, 3GP audio, ADTS
WinX DVD Ripper - Rip DVDs to All Xbox Models & Supported Formats
- Rip any DVDs to MP4, MKV, WMV, MOV, AVI and all Xbox supported formats.
- Directly convert DVD to all Xbox models & other devices like iPhone, PS4, Wii, Nintendo, Android, etc.
- Compress DVD maximumly up to 90% smaller size, without visually quality loss.
- Deliver a super fast speed, merely 5 mins to complete DVD ripping with GPU acceleration enabled.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to rip DVD to Xbox supported formats.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to digitize DVD to any Xbox models.
After downloaded installation package, follow the wizad to install it. Then launch it and start ripping DVD to Xbox One immediately.
Watch Video Tutorial: How to Fix Xbox One Won't Read DVD Disc Error
Step 1. Load a DVD to the DVD ripper. Insert the source game/movie/workout/personal video DVD into the DVD-ROM of your computer, and click "DVD Disc" to load the content. If you have a complete DVD folder in your hard drive, you can load it too. After loading, the DVD's information, such as title, subtitle, duration, output etc., will be shown in the file list.
Step 2. Choose an output format. On the interface of WinX DVD Ripper, choose MP4, AVI, MP3 or any other video audio format in the listed Xbox One supported video, audio, container formats above.
Also, you can choose "Xbox One" profile directly in "Microsoft Device" under "Device Profile".
Step 3. Set a Destination and start ripping DVD to Xbox One. Click "Browse" and set any folder in any disc as the place to save the output file. Then tap "Start" button on the bottom right to let the conversion process go. After a short while, the DVD will be ripped and you can find the output file in the destination.
Step 4. Transfer the DVD rip file to Xbox. The DVD rip can be transferred to Xbox One in physical way or in the air. By plugging in a USB drive or streaming the video from your computer to Xbox One using DLNA (and NAS server), the video can presents in your console. Thus, you can play any DVDs easily and release from the worries of Xbox One won't read DVD disc.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum can do more than ripping DVD to Xbox One, such as backing up DVD to ISO image/DVD folder, or copy title to an MPEG, decrypting DVDs of any encryptions. It's the best and fastest DVD ripper , which converts DVD disc to digital video as MP4, H.264, HEVC, MKV, AVI, WMV, MPEG, MOV, iPhone XS/XS Max/8/7/6S/6, iPad Air 2/Pro, Android, etc. at fastest speed.