Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
To play DVDs without a DVD player, click: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
The tom's guide forum is flooded with DVD player and HDTV connection problems. "Hooking up Samsung DVD player to Samsung HDTV by cables gives No Signal message." "HDMI on LG TV is connected to HDMI on Toshiba DVD player, it says No Signal error." The issue can be caused by wrong HDMI input, DVD player breakdown, faulty cable, etc. If you are experiencing such an issue, follow our instructions below to make things go right.
1. If your HDTV or 4K TV has multiple inputs, make sure you choose the right input your DVD player is connected to, such as Video, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, Component, etc. Change the INPUT or source the HDTV is set to by pressing the INPUT button on the TV or its original remote. When you try different inputs, let the DVD player play a disc and output a constant signal.
2. If your TV has the correct INPUT or Source, unplug the cable and plug it back, or try another cable or port. Sometimes cable can short-out. Be sure they are connected securely.
3. Test if your DVD player works on other TVs. It could be your DVD player breakdown that leads to No Signal on your HDTV.
4. Try connecting your DVD player to another HDTV if your DVD player works correctly.
5. Check if your DVD player is compatible with your HDTV.
If connecting DVD player to HDTV or 4K TV still gives No Signal error message, try digitizing your DVDs and play them requiring no DVD players. To do this, you need a DVD ripper program. In this way, you are able to play DVDs more conveniently and get around various DVDs not playing on TV issues like no sound, poor quality, wrong region, the DVD player not reading discs, to name a few.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Digitize DVDs to Play Them without A DVD Player
- Convert DVDs to MP4, MOV, WMV, etc. for playback on HDTVs, laptops, or other mobile devices.
- Copy DVDs to NAS, Plex, Roku, USB, Chromecast for streaming to 4K TVs/HDTVs.
- Support all kinds of DVDs, including scratched DVDs, 99-title DVDs, region locked DVDs, and more.
- Output nearly original quality and give No.1 fast processing speed.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to digitize your DVDs for playing on 4K TV/HDTV
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to digitize your DVDs for playing on 4K TV/HDTV
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.