To play DVDs without a DVD player, click: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
I'm having trouble with my Samsung DVD player and TV. I can't connect the DVD player to my TV. And when I put the TV on then press source to AV/component. The DVD players say no signal. What's wrong with it?
When connecting the DVD player to a TV, sometimes you may receive No Signal message. DVD player fails to detect a TV. There are a few things that could be causing the error, for example, the cable issue, DVD player hardware breakdown. Now, let's begin to troubleshoot the problem.
Steps to Fix DVD Player Not Hooking up to A TV
1. Restart your TV and DVD player. It's always a good idea to restart your equipment when they are running into trouble.
2. Turn the DVD player and TV on using the power button instead of the remote. The cause may be simply the batteries and you need to replace them.
3. Make sure the DVD player and the TV is connected securely at both ends.
4. If your TV has multiple inputs, switch to other inputs to see whether the issue is fixed.
5. Try a different cable or a port.
6. If you connect your DVD player to the TV with an HDMI cable, you need to find the correct source on the TV.
7. Test your DVD player on another TV or HDMI source with the TV to see if the DVD player works.
8. Try updating the firmware on your TV. You can find tutorials online on how to update the firmware on your TV manufactured by Samsung, LG, TCL, Sharp, Sony, etc.
9. Check if your TV supports 480p, 720p, or 1080p. The highest resolution of DVD videos is 720p. The highest resolution that the Blu-ray discs support is up to 3840x2160p. Check for more solutions to DVD not playing on TV.
If the DVD player still won't hook up to a TV, contact tech support for further information. In fact, it can be very frustrating to connect a DVD player to TV for DVD playback. There are quite a few other problems with DVD players, such as wrong region code, the DVD player not loading, not reading the disc, no pictures, unknown disc, and so on. More and more users now prefer to use a DVD ripper to digitize DVDs to MP4, H.264, etc. In this way, you can stream the digital movies to your TV via USB, Chromecast, Plex, Roku, etc. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is recommended to use.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Help Enjoy DVDs on TV Freely without Errors
- Convert DVDs to TV friendly formats like H.264 MP4.
- Auto bypass DVD region code, Disney DRM, CSS, etc.
- Support all kinds of DVDs, including scratched DVDs, workout DVDs, 99-title DVDs, and more.
- 350+ preset profiles for HDTVs, mobile devices, laptops, media players, etc.
- Nearly original image and sound quality can be reserved.
- Process DVDs with NO.1 fast speed thanks to GPU acceleration.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to watch DVDs without a DVD player
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to watch DVDs without a DVD player
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.