How to Copy a DVD to DVD on Windows
Having a Plan B is always better than nothing since your precious DVD collections are easy to be damaged, scratched or lost by accident now or later. Ways you try to copy a DVD, namely, to copy a DVD to your computer, rip DVD to a digital file for storing on hard drive, copy a DVD to another blank DVD disc...however didn't pay well. Some common failures are:
• DVD movies cannot be copied successfully because of strict copy-protections.
• Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) message pops up as the target disc is dirty or scratched.
If you copy a DVD to another blank DVD use Windows only, you may find that the duplicated file cannot be played well on every home DVD player. How to copy a protected DVD flawlessly? How to make a duplicate DVD copy that plays successfully on any player? The anwser is with the help of third-party software. In the next part, I will introduce you the most powerful way to copy a DVD on Windows 10/8/7 etc., making use of a solid DVD to DVD copy program.
Get DVDs Copied within 2 Steps:
Part 1: Download DVD Cloning Software for DVD to DVD Copy
In order to make a duplicate DVD copy that can be played on any player, an authority software that supports all disc media types is needed. WinX DVD Copy Pro is worth a try. With its 1:1 clone algorithm, it helps users get a copy on a new disc with all contents of source DVD, including videos, audio tracks, menus, subtitles and languages.
Unlike other free DVD copy software, e.g., HandBrake, MakeMKV, that can only copy unprotected DVDs, WinX DVD Copy Pro can tackle with virtually all DVDs including newly released DVD movies, and DVDs copyright protected by CSS, region code, UOPs, AACS 2.0, FBI warnings, bad sectors, Disney DRM, Sony ARccOS, etc. Plus, it can ingest other types of discs, be it damaged/unplayable disc, workout DVD, AV DVD...
Other welcome surprises with WinX are: copy DVD to VIDEO_TS folder, ISO image or back up titles/chapters to a single MPEG2 file, extract audios from DVD, burn ISO/VIDEO_TS folder to DVD and mount ISO file as a virtual drive. Now free download it and have a go today!
Please DO NOT use WinX DVD Copy Pro to copy rental DVDs.
Part 2: How to Copy a DVD to another DVD on Windows 10/8/7
Download and install WinX DVD Copy Pro on your PC (compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP and older OS). Follow the guide to copy a DVD to another blank DVD disc on Windows.
Step 1: Insert the disc you want to backup into DVD drive.
Launch WinX DVD Copy Pro and select the Clone DVD to DVD option under Full Disc Backup on left function area. Pick up your Source DVD and Target DVD Burner (blank DVD disc) under selective options by clicking the arrow-down icon.
Step 2: Customize the options depending on your needs.
Hit the Browse button near the Temp Folder and choose a destination route for saving the cloned ISO file temporarily.
Step 3: Click the RUN button at the bottom right corner.
This is the last shoot of copying a DVD to a blank disc on Windows.
• If you only have one optical drive, the source DVD will be copied as an ISO file firstly which will be saved in temporary folder. When the copy process is completed, it will require you to insert one blank DVD disc for burning. WinX DVD Copy Pro supports blank writable DVD disc in types: DVD-/+R (DL), DVD-+RW (DL) and DVD RAM.
• If you have multiple drives, please insert the source DVD and the blank DVD disc together. Both two DVDs will be automatically detected and you just need to hit the RUN button after all settings have finished.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate copying encrypted DVDs for any commercial purpose, you are suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your countries first.
In short, WinX DVD Copy Pro proceeds remarkably in:
• 1:1 clone DVD to DVD, ISO, folder; • Copy DVD to MPEG2 with original quality;
• Support 9 DVD backup schemes; • Cost low CPU usage and deliver fast speed.