How to Copy a DVD to DVD with Original Quality
Having a Plan B is always better than nothing since your precious DVD collections are easy to be damaged, scratched or lost by accident now or later. Ways you try to copy a DVD, namely, to copy a DVD to your computer, rip DVD to a digital file for storing on hard drive, copy a DVD to another blank DVD disc...however didn't pay well. Some common failures are:
• DVD movies cannot be copied successfully because of strict copy-protections.
• Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) message pops up as the target disc is dirty or scratched.
If you copy a DVD to another blank DVD, you may find that the duplicated disc cannot be played well on every home DVD player. How to copy a protected DVD flawlessly? How to make a duplicate DVD copy that plays successfully on any player? In the next part, I will introduce you the most powerful way to copy a DVD to DVD in 1:1 quality on Windows11/ 10/8/7 etc. with a solid DVD to DVD copy program.
Table of Contents
Way 1: Copy DVD to DVD with WinX DVD Copy Pro
Free Download the Best DVD to DVD Copy Software
In order to make a duplicate DVD copy that can be played on any player, an authority software that supports all disc media types is needed. WinX DVD Copy Pro is worth a try.
- With its 1:1 clone algorithm, it will copy all content of the source DVD, incl. videos, audio tracks, menus, subtitles and languages.
- Unlike other free DVD copy software like HandBrake that can only copy unprotected DVDs, it can tackle with virtually all DVDs, incl. new DVD movies, and DVDs protected by CSS, region code, UOPs, AACS 2.0, FBI warnings, bad sectors, Disney DRM, Sony ARccOS, etc.
- It supports other types of discs, be it damaged/unplayable disc, workout DVD, AV DVD...
- It will copy DVD to VIDEO_TS folder, ISO image or back up titles/chapters to a single MPEG2 file, extract audios from DVD, burn ISO/VIDEO_TS folder to DVD and mount ISO file as a virtual drive. Now free download it and have a go today!
Steps to Copy a DVD to another DVD in 1:1 Quality
Download and install WinX DVD Copy Pro on your PC (compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7/XP and older OS). Follow the guide to copy a DVD to another blank DVD disc on Windows.
Step 1: Insert the disc you want to backup into DVD drive. Launch WinX DVD Copy Pro and select the Clone DVD to DVD option under Full Disc Backup on left function area. Pick up your Source DVD and Target DVD Burner (blank DVD disc) under selective options by clicking the arrow-down icon.
Step 2: Customize the options depending on your needs. Hit the Browse button near the Temp Folder and choose a destination route for saving the cloned ISO file temporarily.
Step 3: Click the RUN button at the bottom right corner. This is the last shoot of copying a DVD to a blank disc on Windows.
• If you only have one optical drive, the source DVD will be copied as an ISO file firstly which will be saved in temporary folder. When the copy process is completed, it will require you to insert one blank DVD disc for burning. WinX DVD Copy Pro supports blank writable DVD disc in types: DVD-/+R (DL), DVD-+RW (DL) and DVD RAM.
• If you have multiple drives, please insert the source DVD and the blank DVD disc together. Both two DVDs will be automatically detected and you just need to hit the RUN button after all settings have finished.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate copying encrypted DVDs for any commercial purpose, you are suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your countries first.
Way 2: Copy DVD to DVD with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is a DVD ripping software enables you to convert DVDs to ISO image/TS folder/MP4 AVI WMV video formats for later burning. It supports a wide range of DVD discs, including homemade DVDs, damaged/scratched DVDs, 99-title DVDs, workout DVDs, TV series on DVDs, to name a few. Original quality and content can be reserved.
Step 1: Rip DVDs to ISO Image with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
Free download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and run it on your computer. Insert the source DVD to your DVD drive. Click the "DVD" icon at the top menu bar and select the source DVD to load. The DVD will be loaded quickly and an Output Profile window pops up.
On the Output Profile window, choose DVD Backup Profile > DVD Backup Profile > DVD Backup > Clone DVD to ISO Image. Click the Browse button to pick a location and click OK to save the settings. Click the RUN button at the bottom to start ripping DVDs to ISO image. For more detailed information, check our guide on how to copy DVDs to ISO Image files.
Step 2: Burn ISO Image Files to A Blank Disc
On Windows 10/Windows 8:
Insert a black DVD onto the DVD drive on Windows. An Autoplay window will appear. Choose Burn files to disc. You can either use the disc "Like a USB flash drive" or "With a CD/DVD player", choose "With a CD/DVD player", and click "Next". Drag and Drop the ripped ISO image files into the black disc window for burning to the blank disc. Then click on the Finish burning option.
Your Mac should have built-in optical drive, or is connected to an external DVD drive. Insert a blank disc to your optical drive, choose Open Finder, and the disc will appear on your computer desktop. Double-click the disc, drag the ripped ISO image files to the window. Arrange and rename the files as you wish, otherwise you can't rename the file name after burning. After you've all set, choose File > Burn disc, and follow the popping up instructions to finish the DVD copy process on macOS.
FAQs about Copying DVDs to DVDs
How to copy a DVD to another DVD using Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player can't copy DVD to DVD directly. You can copy the movie files from your DVD on your computer and then burn the movie files to DVD using Windows Media Player.
To copy movies from home-made DVD to computer, you may follow the steps below:
- Insert the DVD into the CD\DVD drive.
- Open computer, click on DVD drive, and select the files you want to copy.
- Copy and paste selected files to the location where you want to save those files.
To copy movies from commercial DVD to computer, follow this:
- Open WinX DVD Ripper and click DVD disc button to load your DVD.
- Choose output format.
- Click RUN to begin copying DVD to computer.
Now, follow the steps below to burn DVD using Windows Media Player:
- Open Windows Media Player, click Burn, select Burn Options, and choose Data CD or DVD.
- Insert a blank DVD and select it.
- Find the movie you copy from DVD and drag and drop it to the Burn list of Windows Media Player.
- Click Start burn to begin burning DVD.
Can HandBrake copy DVD to DVD?
No. HandBrake can't copy DVD to DVD. It can only convert DVD to MP4, MKV, and WebM.
Can Walgreens copy DVDs to DVDs?
Yes. Check more DVD copying services>>
How to copy protected DVD to DVD?
WinX DVD Copy Pro can help you copy encrypted DVD to DVD. Just follow the guide above to perform this.