Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
Check the 100% efficient solution: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
"My DVD player (Toshiba SD-125E) is refusing to work. The DVD player remote control stopped working. I have tried replacing the batteries, but to no avail. This means that when I put a DVD in, and it requires me to press ENTER on the handset so the DVD runs, I can't. Simply pressing PLAY on the DVD player does not work either. How can I get the DVD player to work?"
It's annoying if the DVD player is not responding to remote control - it prevents you from watching a movie successfully. The DVD player remote control not working problem could be caused by reasons like dead battery, disconnected connection, unsupported model/file type, failure of DVD player remote sensor, etc. Let's find the real culprits and resolutions below.
Possible Reasons & Fixes for Panasonic/LG/Sony/Samsung DVD Remote Not Working
* The batteries in the remote are dead. When the DVD player remote control is not working, check and replace the battery first.
* The remote is dirty. Even if the remote dosen't look dirty, there may be dirt between the buttons. Open the remote and clean it.
* Unsupported model or compoent type. Check and make sure the TV is on the correct input (component or composite input video) for DVD playback.
* Disconnection. Check if the DVD player is not connected to the TV correctly and replace the cable if needed.
* Conflict components. Any newly-added video/audio components or units may be incompatbile with the old remote control and therefore lead to not working issues. Remove the units if necessary.
* IR sensor goes wrong. There may be something wrong with the IR sensor and that results in DVD player not responding to remote control. You can buy a new or universal remote control to check if the remote sensor on the DVD player works. If it won't work, then you will need to buy a new DVD player as it's cheap nowadays.
Related: see how to fix DVD not playing error
[Alternative Fix] How to Control DVD Player without Remote
If the above troubleshooting tips won't fix the LG/Sony/Samsung DVD remote not working issues, we provide an alternative fix - how to control DVD player without remote. You can easily do this by turning mobiles into a universal remote control (or buy one if you want).
* Samsung mobiles - download app Samsung WatchON app on the mobiles > enter the info of the TV > sign into the Samsung account and select the TV brand > then it will pair with the TV via various codes, try them > add the DVD player and now you can use it as a DVD remote.
* Android mobiles - Try Remote Control for TV app, Android TV Remote, Smart IR Remote apps with similar steps.
* iDevices - Try Next Guide Remote, iRule, Zmart with similar steps.
[Ultimate Fix] No DVD Player Remote Control Not Working Anymore Digitize DVD to watch movies without DVD remote control errors. Easy & fast
The tool you need - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- Convert any homemade discs, damaged, old & latest DVDs, and decrypt DVDs encrypted by regions, CSS, RCE, Disney X-project, etc.
- Convert DVD to ISO image (1:1), or (98% quality reserved) MP4, MOV, HEVC, AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPEG, etc. for Apple TV, HDTVs, iPhone, iPad, Android mobile, Xbox, PS4, etc.
- Super fast speed to convert DVD into digital files: 5 minutes for one disc on a recent computer.
Download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows to convert DVD to digital
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to convert DVD to digital
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.