How to Convert AVI to MOV Free Online/Offline in VLC, Video Converter
There are many tools available to work with AVI to MOV conversion, professional video converters, free online video conversion services, even some popular media players offer an option to convert videos from one format to another, such as VLC Media Player, 5Player.
If you only convert AVI to MOV occasionally, and your AVI videos are smaller than 500MB, free online services is a good choice. If you just change the file extension from .avi to .mov, VLC can meet your needs. If your source AVI files are big and you want more codec format options and parameter settings, as well as faster processing speed, you should choose a professional video converter, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. Let's get started with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
Convert AVI to MOV Speedily without Limits
Pros: No file size limit, 47x faster real-time processing speed, a wide range of format support.
Cons: Require the process of installing a program.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is equipped with High Quality Engine and supports hardware acceleration. It outputs even lossless quality. AVI to MOV conversion can be processed within a few seconds, at least 5x faster than other tools. A wide range of input and output formats are supported, from H.264 MP4 to HEVC MKV. 350+ preset profiles are provided, including iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles, xbox, PSP, and more.
1. Download and install WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on your computer, run the program.
2. Click the "Video" button at the top menu bar and select your AVI video to import. You can import multiple AVI videos. Batch conversion is supported. After the video is loaded, an Output Profile window opens up. Select "MOV Video" under General Profiles. Click the OK button to save the format change and close the window.
3. After all set, click the "RUN" button to start AVI to MOV transcoding.
Convert AVI to MOV Online Free
Pros: Ease of use, requiring no software installation
Cons: Max 500MB, ads, slow decoding, and encoding speed
It's quite easy to use online services to convert .avi to .mov. Even novice users don't need to read user guides. However, most free online tools have a 100MB to 500MB file size limit. Here we take cloudconvert as an example.
1. Go to cloudconvert AVI to MOV Converter page.
2. You should see the red "Select File" button, click the button, and identify the AVI video you want to convert from your computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. Click the "Add more files" button to choose more AVI videos to transcode to MOV format in batch.
3. Convert the red "Convert" button to start transcoding. After the process completes, download the converted MOV files. Free users have daily limit of 10 conversion minutes.
Convert AVI to MOV Free in VLC Media Player
Cons: no MOV output, limited format, and parameter setting options.
If you have VLC on your computer, you can try changing AVI to MOV format using VLC media player. It offers a basic video transcoding feature. There's no MOV output format option, you have to manually change .avi to .mov extension. Use the steps below to get the job done.
1. Open VLC Media Player.
2. Click the Media tab on the top menu bar, select Convert/Save from the drop-down list. An open Media window appears, allowing you to choose source local files to load. Click the Add button and pick your AVI file to load to the VLC player. Hit on the Convert/Save button on the bottom of the Open Media window.
3. On the Convert window, click the Edit selected profile icon next to the Profile drop-down button. Select video format MP4/MOV on the Profile edition window. Click the save button to save the change.
4. Click the Browse button to select a folder to save the output MOV file. Change the file extension to .mov, and close the window.
5. Click the Start button to begin the .avi to .mov conversion process.