HandBrake Tutorial – How to Solve HandBrake "No Valid Source or Titles Found" Error
Here are two real cases on "HandBrake No Valid Source Found":
Case 1: When I clicked on the source of the DVD I got an error saying "No valid source found. Please make sure you have selected a valid non copy protected source." Am I doing something wrong? How to solve this No Valid Source Found error in HandBrake?
Case 2: HandBrake works great for 99% of my video encoding needs. I'm using HB to convert 720 and 1080 .mkv video files that I have pulled off the net into iTunes format. This happens intermittently and occasionally, with the same video playing fine in VLC.
Generally, Windows Error Message happens when the computer overloads with too much data, or when certain system files become missing or broken.
But with respective to HandBrake Error Message, there would be many cases with different possible reasons, please read the followings.
Before you take any further steps, make sure you used Handbrake correctly. Check tutorial on how to use Handbrake properly >>
Table of Contents
Rip HandBrake Unsupported DVDs with Best HandBrake Alternative
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum [100% Clean] - An excellent HandBrake alternative which does what HandBrake does and doesn't do.
- Remove DVD CSS, UOP, RCE, region code, Sony ARccOS, Disney DRM etc.
- Rip DVD to MP4, AVI, MPEG, MOV, ISO, DVD VIDEO_TS folder, MP3, iPhone, Android, PS4, TV etc.
- Rip any encrypted DVDs without installing libdvdcss or codec package.
HandBrake No Valid Source Found Error Reasons & Solutions
There may be too many reasons for HandBrake No Valid Source Found Error:
- The input source file format may be not supported by HandBrake or it isn't a valid video file;
- Your source file may be copy protected, but HandBrake cannot remove the DRM.
In order to avoid HandBrake error message, you should execute the operation correctly and pay attention to the default tips. If the error message shows No Valid Source or Titles Found, try the following methods to solve HandBrake No Valid Source available error:
- Make sure you have installed VLC (properly) which includes libdvdcss by nature. By taking the advantage of its CSS decryption capacity, HandBrake may be able to read your copy-protected DVD. This way you may get rid of no valid source found error while scanning DVD with HandBrake.
- Make sure the bit number of VLC is corresponding to that of HandBrake. That means, 32 bit VLC for 32 bit HandBrake, and 64 bit VLC player for 64 bit Handbrake;
- If your HandBrake is totally out of date, please download the latest version;
- Check whether your source file is in MKV format, if yes, you must remux it (with mkvmerge GUI). FYI, MKV problem appears from time to time. So you may also need to get an alternative to avoid and solve such HandBrake error.
- Check whether it is the reason of file permissions. Try "get info" -> Add yourself under "sharing & permissions". This may help HandBrake reading the source.
Find HandBrake Alternative to Avoid No Valid Source Found Issue
If all the solutions listed above are not workable for you, there is a free HandBrake alternative WinX DVD Ripper. It can read almost all video DVDs, even if the discs are copy protected with CSS encryption, region code, Sony ARccOS, UOPs, APS, RCE, etc. It doesn't require for installing libdvdcss and the like to help decrypting. With this HandBrake alternative, you can free rip DVD to MP4, FLV, MWV, MOV, MPEG, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Android, PS4 and more formats and devices.
Alternatively, we can upgrade WinX DVD Ripper to Platinum version - the best HandBrake alternative to flawlessly handle virtually all DVDs on Windows and Mac.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum unboxes more powers and delivers greater performance to rip DVD:
▪ Support more DVDs: copy-protected movie DVDs (incl. Disney 99-title discs), TV show DVDs, workout DVDs, old/damaged DVDs, special Japanese DVDs, etc.
▪ Provide 350+ output profiles: MP4, HEVC, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, M2TS, AVCHD, MPEG2, ISO file, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Samsung, Huawei, Nexus, Xbox, PS4, YouTube, etc.
▪ Edit features: crop, trim, merge, subtitle, and more.
▪ World's No.1 fast DVD ripper thanks to advanced speedup techniques: unique level-3 hardware acceleration (Intel QSV and NVIDIA NVENC/CUDA based hardware decoder, processing, encoder), Hyper-threading, Multi-core CPU, and Super Encode Engine based on MMX- SSE & 3DNow!
▪ High-quality output: hardware-based processing keeps optimal quality; inbuilt High Quality Engine; deinterlace video from interlaced to progressive.
▪ Easy-to-use: Only 3 steps, you can get a DVD ripped: load DVD -> select a ready-made preset -> begin DVD ripping.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.