Here are two real cases on "HandBrake No Valid Source Found":
Case 1: When I clicked on the source of the DVD I got an error saying "No valid source found. Please make sure you have selected a valid non copy protected source." Am I doing something wrong? How to solve this No Valid Source Found error in HandBrake?
Case 2: HandBrake works great for 99% of my video encoding needs. I'm using HB to convert 720 and 1080 .mkv video files that I have pulled off the net into iTunes format. This happens intermittently and occasionally, with the same video playing fine in VLC.
Generally, Windows Error Message happens when the computer overloads with too much data, or when certain system files become missing or broken.
But with respective to HandBrake Error Message, there would be many cases with different possible reasons, please read the followings.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
There may be too many reasons for HandBrake No Valid Source Found Error:
At this time, you download some third-party library like VLC libdvdcss to help. By taking the advatage of its CSS decryption capacity, you may figure out which is the main title number and can enter the number during HandBrake "Title Scan".
In order to avoid HandBrake Error message, you should execute the operation correctly and pay attention to the default tips. If the error message shows: No Valid Source Found, try the following methods to solve HandBrake No Valid Source Found Error:
If all the solutions listed above are not workable for you, there is a free HandBrake alternative called WinX DVD Ripper, which can free rip DVD to FLV, MWV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, etc. some of which are not supported by HandBrake, and can also convert DVD to iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Android, PSP compatible videos.
Besides, it can remove common DVD copy protections, including CSS encryption, region code, Sony ARccOS, UOPs, APS, RCE, etc without the help of any third-party tool.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum unboxes more powers and delivers greater performance to rip DVD:
▪ Support more DVDs: copy-protected movie DVDs (incl. Disney 99-title discs), TV show DVDs, workout DVDs, old/damaged DVDs, special Japanese DVDs, etc.
▪ Provide 420+ output profiles: MP4, HEVC, AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, M2TS, AVCHD, MPEG2, ISO file, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Samsung, Huawei, Nexus, Xbox, PS4, YouTube, etc.
▪ Edit features: crop, trim, merge, subtitle, and more.
▪ World's No.1 fast DVD ripper thanks to advanced speedup techniques: unique level-3 hardware acceleration (Intel QSV and NVIDIA NVENC/CUDA based hardware decoder, processing, encoder), Hyper-threading, Multi-core CPU, and Super Encode Engine based on MMX- SSE & 3DNow!
▪ High-quality output: hardware-based processing keeps optimal quality; inbuilt High Quality Engine; deinterlace video from interlaced to progressive.
▪ Easy-to-use: Only 3 steps, you can get a DVD ripped: load DVD -> select a ready-made preset -> begin DVD ripping.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
May Watt is a member of Digiarty. She offers a bunch of tips of how to handle multimedia files (DVD, video files, music etc.) and keeps her focus on tech news about Apple, Google, GoPro, DJI and more.