HandBrake makes the list of top ranked free and more accurately open-source video transcoders in global market, especially, in U.S and Japan. Many people were accustomed to using HandBrake to rip home DVDs on Windows 7 and 8.1 PC (32 or 64 bit). Now that Microsoft Windows 10 OS overspreads, you may be stumped about the necessity of installing HandBrake on your Windows 10 device at hand.
Should you go and download HandBrake 1.0.1 for Windows 10? Our suggestion is no. Look at the official HandBrake forum or online sources first. HandBrake is even not working very well on existing Windows PC, say, 8.1 or 7. There are many complaints about handbrake windows no titles found, HandBrake not scanning or not encoding problems. A considerable number of current users are having the HandBrake incompatibility with Windows 10 like:
- I had Handbrake and it worked great until Microsoft in all their greatness put out Windows 10 and then nothing work's right anymore.
- I've used Handbrake for years and it began to stop encoding fully after my recent OS upgrade to Windows 10.
So, before you get on board with HandBrake Windows 10 for DVD backup, please try another free DVD ripper as the worry-free HandBrake alternative.
There are a slew of errors when HandBrake is running on the Windows 10 device, and we gather some solutions to get over the common hurdles of DVD ripping or video transcoding:
Fix HandBrake not working errors on Win 10
Solve Handbrake No Title Found Error on Win 10
Solve HandBrake No Valid Source Found Error on Win 10
Solve 'Handbrake is 64, VLC Found but NOT 64' Error
Solve 'Handbrake only Rips about Half Movie/DVD' Error
Solve Handbrake crash before DVD/Video conversion finish
Solve Handbrake Outputs Video Audio out of Sync Error
Besides the HandBrake Windows 10 problems, HandBrake saves DVD as M4V not MP4 file, which causes inconvenience to users who want to play the videos with more devices. But the best HandBrake alternative that has been optimized for Windows 10 especially lets you throw all such worries. >> WinX DVD Ripper VS Handbrake
For the HandBrake Windows (10) alternative, you need look no further than WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, which can defeat almost 80% of the similar DVD backup software and apps in the market. There lies a boatload of reasons for it to be the best DVD ripper for Windows 10.
1. DVDs support: the Windows 10 DVD rip software takes the place of HandBrake mainly in the aspect of removing DVD copy protections. It supports the personal backup of movie DVDs with Sony ARccOS, Disney X-project DRM, CSS, UOPs, APS, or discs having region codes, RCEs, etc, let alone the homemade DVDs. Moreover, it can rip DVD ISO image file and VIDEO_TS folder.
2. Fast speed: a magic weapon of WinX DVD Ripper is the speed it delivers in DVD conversion. In addition to the multithreading tech and Super Encode Engine it applies, it allows you to utilize "CPU Core Use" (up to 8 cores). According to tests, it only took less than of a half hour to back up a feature-length movie (to MPEG2 file in DVD copy mode). >> How to speed up HandBrake.
3. Vivid output: the output formats provided by WinX DVD Ripper Platinum include the mainstream video formats like DVD to AVI, MP4, MTS, MOV, WMV, MPEG and FLV. Superior to HandBrake, it also has 350+ preloaded profiles that facilitate DVD movie playback on all types of Apple, Android and Windows devices, such as iPhone 6S, iPad Air, Samsung Galaxy S6, HTC One, Xbox One, PS4, WP8, Surface Pro 3, Kindle Fire and Chromecast.
4. User friendliness: Unlike HandBrake which requires more highly on "know-how" of video codecs and parameter settings, the DVD ripping software developed by WinXDVD is easy to use. You don't have to daddle about the forums for distressing questions. Even the beginners can get the hang of it quickly with or without referring to the User Guide.
The following guide will show you how to rip a DVD after downloading the HandBrake Alterntive for Win 10. Please first close HandBrake or other similar DVD and video transcoding or decrypting programs. Install and launch WinX DVD Ripper Platinum on Windows OS.
Step 1: Add a DVD source to the HandBrake Windows 10 alternative.
Insert a DVD disc into your DVD-ROM, click "DVD Disc" and select the source disc. If you have an ISO image file or DVD folder on your hard drive, you can add it through "ISO Image" or "+Folder" button. The main title will be auto checked. If it is not the desired one, please correct it by yourself.
Step 2: Choose an output format.
On the Output Profile window, choose the output format you need. If you need a Windows 10 compatible digital file, please scroll down and find "PC General Video", such as MP4, AVI, WMV, AVC and MPEG. If you need to play back the movies on portable devices, please choose the corresponding profile in Microsoft Device, Apple Device, Android Pad, Sony Device, or the like under "Device Profile" item. You can find specific profiles of, for example, Windows 10 Mobile, Surface Pro 4, Xbox One, iPad Air 3, iPhone 6s/7 Plus, Apple TV3, Nokia Lumia and BlackBerry.
Step 3: Start decrypting and converting the DVD.
Before hitting RUN button to let the HandBrake alternative kick over, you can choose to change the destination folder and make some settings on parameters. It won't take long to finish the whole process.
Download the Best HandBrake Alternative for Windows 10/8.1/7/XP
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum – The best DVD ripper for Windows 10 and previous Windows versions can convert any movie DVDs at NO.1 fast speed, even with the new copy protections, to mainstream videos, such as ripping DVD to MP4, H.264, MPEG, WMV, MOV, FLV. To bring users more convenience, this ripper has preloaded with 350+ portable gadgets, including iPhone, iPad Air, iPad mini, Samsung Galaxy Note and S series, Windows 10 Mobiles, Xbox One, PSP/PS4. It also comes with a Mac edition for Mac users.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.