This is a guide mainly on how to solve "Popcorn Time stops working/error loading data" problem. Also we notice that some users were asking whether Popcorn Time has the ability of watching 4K movies/shows on Windows/10 or other platforms. The answer is no (as of now). 4K video is encoded in HEVC/H.265, which codec is not supported by Popcorn Time app, said by its support team. But there is a remedy, lying in the hands of the next recommended free UHD player - 5KPlayer, compatible with both Windows and Mac, enabling you to download 4K/8K videos online, play 4K UHD movies flautlessly and stream/AirPlay 4K to Apple TV for better viewing. Definitely will serve you well if Popcorn Time can't load 4K movie video later.
• Play almost all videos (movie torrent) in 4K/5K/8K/1080p & DVDs.
• Play MP3 AAC APE FLAC music & alomst all radios perfectly.
• Built-in AirPlay sender/receiver to stream video audio wirelessly.
• Download online videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo etc.
FYI, if you are undergoing "Popcorn Time stops working" problem, you are using a Time4Popcorn version (another is popcorntime.io). Popcorn Time app not working/loading, in most case, was due to the domain suspension of time4popcorn.eu, which is one of the two forks of original Popcorn Time app, currently providing Popcorn Time Windows (10), Popcorn Time iOS, Popcorn Time Android, Mac and Linux. The latest news is, on the one hand, popcorntime.io is said to have been shut down forever, and the website is not accessible any more. On the other hand, a new Popcorn Time CE app is coming to the public with a totally different domain popcorntime.ml, which however is not available now. Surprisingly, Popcorn Time came back from the dead in March 2016 and this movie app gets updated since that. Two domains alive are popcorn-time.to and popcorntime.sh.
There has been millions of downloads of Popcorn Time, a free movie torrent streaming app. For some reason, Popcorn Time stops working, which makes most of its users in trouble. How could this be? First your Popcorn Time movies not loading possibly because its domain Time4Popcorn.eu was suspended and the client programs stopped functioning for a while. Since the website has been quickly moved to the new domain popcorn-time.se and claimed that "This PopcornTime service will never be taken down", your "Popcorn Time not working" issue should have been settled. If not, read on for more solutions.
1. To solve your Popcorn Time not working or error loading data problem, you can uninstall Popcorn Time -> Go to App Data -> Remove Popcorn-Time and Temp/Popcorn-Time -> Reboot your PC -> Reinstall.
2. Download the latest version of Popcorn Time app for Android (22.214.171.124), iOS 7 and above (1.2), Windows (5.4), Mac (5.4) and Linux (3.2).
3. Try running as administrator by right-clicking the Popcorn Time icon and clicking "Run as administrator".
4. Go to popcorntime.ml and download the Popcorn Time alternative, which works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. However, it is not sure how long it will be operational due to those never-ending threats of lawsuits and punishment.
5. You can also use the best and stable Popcorn Time alternative - WinX YouTube Downloader to free download online full movies from YouTube, Facebook, etc (300 sites) for freely watching without Popcorn Time error loading data movies.
6. If Popcorn Time stops working with "not connecting" error and you happen to be eager for movies more than 1080p, give 5KPlayer a try. We believe it will be pretty amazing when you are allowed to free download 4K movies online or can freely play downloaded torrent movies.
We reckon 5KPlayer as one of the best Popcorn Time movie app alternatives for both Windows (10) and Mac, simply because it will be your optimal way out of Popcorn Time not working/4K video error loading problem in the near future. Copy an online 4K movie URL, press the download button, and UHD videos are all accessible at your fingertips!
First download the Popcorn Time app alternative and get it installed on your PC or Mac.
Step 1: Go to youtube.com and do a search of a 4K sample video you want to watch.
Step 2: Open 5KPlayer, click "YouTube" button on the main interface for turning into the download page.
Step 3: Copy and paste the URL, and it will detect video data automatically, incl. title, resolution, file size, etc.
Step 4: Press button "Download" and start downloading YouTube 4K video.
Still have trouble about Popcorn Time not working/error loading? Feel free to Email Us >>
Instead of fixing Popcorn Time not working/error loading data problem, you can freely download, play and AirPlay 4K movies with 5KPlayer
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.