- Everytime I put a DVD into my MacBook Pro, the disk spins around and then it is ejected. I have tried repairing permissions and lots of different DVD. Help?
- I want to use my Mac to present a DVD with projector. I put it in my Mac and the DVD player pops up. But when I press Play, it says "Supported Disc Not Available". Why my Mac won't play DVD? Any help would be great!
Open Apple communities, forums and we can easily discover the posts with title "Mac won't play DVD". Why sometimes DVDs cannot play on our Mac computers (especially on MacBook Pro) and how to fix the problem for playing DVDs on Mac smoothly? Read on to get answers.
To fix the issue, we should get the reason why DVD won't play on Mac and then find the most appropriate solution.
Situation 1. Mac won't recognize DVD.
There are two possibilities for this situation. One is that the optical drive refuses DVD disc and the other is that there is no DVD icon and no recognition even though the disc is well put into the drive.
How to Fix:
• For the first possibility, it may be caused by a bad or damaged (external) optical drive. So, you need to repair or buy a new one to make DVD playback run well on your Mac.
• For the second possibility, you can try to reset NVRAM (or PRAM). Shut down your computer and turn on later. When you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound again.
Situation 2. DVD Player won't read DVD contents (not working).
In fact, DVD player cannot read all types of DVDs. Some commercial DVDs with region codes or other protections, some DVDs burned from videos or scratched/broken DVDs won't play on Mac DVD player for incompatibility problems.
How to Fix:
• Rip DVD to MP4, MOV
It is suggested to rip DVD to MP4, MOV or other video formats supported by Mac and play with QuickTime to solve 'Mac won't play DVD' problem.
WinX DVD Ripper for Mac, the No.1 fast DVD ripper for Mac available on macOS Sierra and lower versions, can rip any home-made and latest DVD movies to MP4, MOV etc, on Mac with removal of copy protections, covering CSS, region code, UOP, Sony ArccOS, Disney DRM and other special encryption schemes on Workout DVD, Japanese AV DVD, and 99-title DVD. It can deliver crisp output video and quickest DVD ripping speed. Besides DVD to MP4/MOV conversion, this Mac DVD ripper is capable of ripping DVD to FLV, AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, Xbox, PS3/4 etc for a backup or watching DVDs on the move. In addition, it offers adjustable video/audio parameters (bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, resolution and more) for users to get a desired effect for the ripped DVD video.
Notice: The software developer only advocates ripping DVDs for personal use and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
• Use a Third-party DVD Player
Instead of ripping DVD to MP4, MOV on Mac, you can opt for using a third-party DVD player for watching movies on Mac without DVD not playing problem.
5KPlayer, a versatile media player, allows users to play any regular and encrypted DVDs with great picture clarity. Apart from DVD discs, it can also play ISO image copied from DVD, VIDEO_TS folder and various video/audio files. The elegant and straightforward interface leads users to learn how to play a DVD/video/audio immediately. This best Mac DVD player is a 100% clean and safe program bundled no adware, malware or virus so that you don't need to worry about security problem at all.
>> FREE DOWNLOAD 5KPlayer for Mac
Still have questions about how to fix 'Mac won't play DVD' error? Please feel free to Mail Us >>
• Rip and copy (protected) DVDs to MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV or any other video formats supported by PC/Mac to play DVDs on PC/Mac smoothly.
• Rip DVD to fashionable devices, iPhone (SE/6s/6), iPad (Pro/Mini 4), Android, Windows Phone, Xbox, PS3/4 for enjoying DVD movies whenever and wherever.
• Make DVD copies as ISO image, VIDED_TS folder or a single MPEG2 file.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.