How to Copy DVD on Mac (Big Sur) without Quality Loss
How to make a (DVD) copy of unprotected/copy-portected DVD without quality loss on Mac?
Most DVD collectors have needs to keep their discs for longer time without being scratched, broken or lost. But fragile physical optical discs frequently encounter various accidents especially during house cleaning or moving. It is a little hard to maintain all DVDs to be intact because the physical discs are fragile, while making a DVD copy can help store DVD video contents in a perfect condition. If you want to copy a DVD on Mac without quality loss, how to do? Detailed guides on handling unprotected and copy-protected DVD copy on Mac will be shown.
How to Make It Easy to Copy DVD on Mac?
WinX DVD Ripper for Mac can copy ANY DVD to ISO image, VIDEO_TS Folder or single MKV/MPEG2 file at 1:1 ratio in a few of clicks. It will also digitalize DVDs to MP4 (H.264/HEVC), MOV, MKV, AVI, iPhone, Android, iTunes, iMovie without costing much time. Thanks to the cutting-edge GPU hardware acceleration tech, it can handle the compute-intensive DVD copy task from CPU to expert GPU, 47X real time faster than before, up to 5 minutes to copy a full DVD on Mac.
Please DO NOT use WinX DVD Ripper to rip rental DVDs.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here
Part 1 How to Copy Unprotected DVD on Mac
Mac OS X (rebranded to macOS in 2016 with the release of 10.12 Sierra) attaches a feature of copying unprotected DVDs. Disk Utility, designed as performing disk tasks, makes DVD copy become much easier.
• After inserting DVD into Mac, open Applications and click Disk Utility to launch it. Select My DVD from the left sidebar.
• Click New Image to enter "Save" page. Input a name of this DVD copy into "Save As" bar and set a destination folder which has enough space to copy entire DVD. You can choose Image Format as DVD/CD Master for quality retaining without compression. Also, encryption should be to none. Click Save.
• After the DVD copy is created on Mac, eject "My DVD". Now, you can get a .cdr file on hard drive. Play it later or burn it to DVD? Depend on yourself!
Note: Modern Macbooks or iMacs ditched the disc drive since 2012, you have to make sure to get an external drive such as SuperDrive to load the disc before making a free copy.
Part 2 How to Copy Protected DVD on Mac
There is no built-in program to handle copy-protected DVD on macOS 11 Big Sur or lower versions. To get a copy of encrypted DVD on Mac, you need professional DVD copy software. WinX DVD Ripper for Mac will never disappoint you.
- It mainly aims to convert DVD to digital files in diverse video formats for playback on devices, editing in software, sharing online etc.
- It can clone DVD to ISO image, VIDEO_TS folder, MKV, and MPEG2 file with full or main title at 1:1 ratio.
- It features a powerful ability to remove copy protection from DVD, including CSS, region code, RCE, UOPs, Sony ArccOS, Disney DRM protection, even new schemes on latest released DVDs.
- High Quality Engine delivers almost original quality of the copy of DVD while Hyper-threading Tech, Multi-core support and hardware acceleration technology guarantee the fastest DVD copy speed.
Download the WinX DVD Ripper for Mac on your computer (fully compatible with latest macOS 11 Big Sur) and follow the steps to copy protected DVD on Mac.
Step 1: Insert DVD disc into DVD drive.
If there is no drive for DVD on your Mac, please connect an external optical drive. Then insert the DVD into the drive. Feel free to insert any DVD, it will freely rip protected discs on Mac without problem.
Step 2: Launch WinX DVD Ripper for Mac and load DVD.
Hit DVD Disc button on navigation bar to import source DVD. A couple of seconds later after loading DVD, a list of all titles will be presented and main title will be selected automatically. Meanwhile, Output Profile dialog box pops up.
Step 3: Choose output profile.
You can select one format as output from listed categories (General Profiles like MP4, MOV, MKV, DVD Backup Profile, Mobile Video Profile, Web Video Profile etc.). What's more, a new DVD copy mode – DVD to DVD will be soon added helping copy your DVD to a blank DVD disc.
Step 4: Start copying DVD on Mac.
Browse to set destination folder and hit RUN button to start DVD copy process on Mac.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so. Still have some trouble about how to copy DVD on Mac? Please feel free to Mail Us >>