Most DVD collectors have needs to keep their discs for longer time without being scratched, broken or lost. But fragile physical optical discs frequently encounter various accidents especially during house cleaning or moving. It is a little hard to maintain all DVDs to be intact because the physical discs are fragile, while making a DVD copy can help store DVD video contents in a perfect condition. If you want to copy a DVD on Mac without quality loss, how to do? Detailed guides on handling unprotected and copy-protected DVD copy on Mac will be shown.
How to Make It Easy to Copy DVD on Mac?
WinX DVD Ripper for Mac helps you copy ANY DVD to ISO image, VIDEO_TS Folder or single MKV/MPEG2 file at 1:1 ratio in a few of clicks. Also, it is available to digitalize DVDs to MP4 (H.264), MOV, FLV, 3GP etc, as well as directly copy DVDs to iTunes, iMovie, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV etc, while keeping original quality .
Mac OS X (rebranded to macOS in 2016 with the release of 10.12 Sierra) attaches a feature of copying unprotected DVDs. Disk Utility, designed as performing disk tasks, makes DVD copy become much easier.
• After inserting DVD into Mac, open Applications and click Disk Utility to launch it. Select My DVD from the left sidebar.
• Click New Image to enter "Save" page. Input a name of this DVD copy into "Save As" bar and set a destination folder which has enough space to copy entire DVD. You can choose Image Format as DVD/CD Master for quality retaining without compression. Also, encryption should be to none. Click Save.
• After the DVD copy is created on Mac, eject "My DVD". Now, you can get a .cdr file on hard drive. Play it later or burn it to DVD? Depend on yourself!
>> How to Burn Unprotected DVD on macOS Sierra
There is no built-in program which can handle copy-protected DVD on macOS Mojave (10.14) or lower versions. To get a copy of encrypted DVD on Mac, you should make use of professional DVD copy software. WinX DVD Ripper for Mac will never disappoint you.
This WinX DVD ripper software mainly aims to convert DVD to digital files in diverse video formats for playback on devices, editing in software, sharing online etc. Besides creating a digital copy of DVD, it can clone DVD to ISO image, VIDEO_TS folder, MKV file and MPEG2 file with full or main title at 1:1 ratio. It features a powerful ability to remove copy protection from DVD, including CSS, region code, RCE, UOPs, Sony ArccOS, Disney DRM protection, even new schemes on latest released DVDs. High Quality Engine delivers almost original quality of the copy of DVD while Hyper-threading Tech, Multi-core support and hardware acceleration technology guarantee the fastest DVD copy speed. WinX DVD Ripper for Mac is fully compatible with Mac OS X Tiger to latest macOS High Sierra.
Download and install WinX DVD Ripper for Mac on your computer and follow the steps to copy protected DVD on Mac.
Step 1. Insert DVD disc into DVD drive. If there is no drive for DVD on your Mac, please connect an external optical drive.
Step 2. Launch WinX DVD Ripper for Mac and hit DVD button on navigation bar to load the DVD
Step 3. A couple of seconds later, a list of all titles will be presented and main title will be selected automatically. Meanwhile, Output Profile dialog box pops up. You can select one format as output from listed categories (General Profiles, DVD Backup Profile, Mobile Video Profile, Web Video Profile etc.).
What's more, a new DVD copy mode – DVD to DVD will be soon added helping copy your DVD to a blank DVD disc.
Step 4. Browse to set destination folder and hit RUN button to start DVD copy process on Mac.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so. Still have some trouble about how to copy DVD on Mac? Please feel free to Mail Us >>
Free Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to Copy DVD on Mac with Ease!
• Copy DVD to digital files in MP4, MOV, FLV, AVI, WMV, iTunes, iMovie etc, and delivers crisp videos with hi-fi audios.
• Convert DVD to iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Windows Phone, Surface Pro, PS3/4, Xbox etc, for flexible playback.
• Clone DVD to ISO, DVD folder, a single MPEG2 file with full/main title and MKV file while keeping original quality.
May Watt is a member of Digiarty. She offers a bunch of tips of how to handle multimedia files (DVD, video files, music etc.) and keeps her focus on tech news about Apple, Google, GoPro, Drone and more.