2021 Free DVD to MP3 Converter - How to Extract DVD Audio to MP3
I want to convert some DVDs' soundtrack in MP3 for listening as a CD or on a card or a pen drive. Is there any program having this function and it it easy to use? There is loss of sound quality?
Many movies and series have great soundtracks, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Game of Thrones. Most people are converting DVD soundtracks or special effects to MP3. After they convert DVD to MP3 format, they can save the audio to portable players, iPhone, Android, etc. to listen anywhere, or add it to clips for social sharing. It's quite easy to extract MP3 audio from DVDs with high quality. Here are 3 ways to convert DVDs to MP3 format.
Table of Contents
Way 1: Use Free DVD to MP3 Converter - WinX DVD Ripper
When looking for a good DVD MP3 converter, the following features may be what you concern most:
- Friendly user interface
- High qudio quality output
- Support MP3, AAC, lossless AC3, etc.
- Ability to convert different types of DVDs, including copy protected DVDs
- Advanced functions to convert DVD to video formats
WinX DVD Ripper is the free DVD audio ripper which can free convert DVD to MP3, AAC, AC3/DTS, and video formats MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPEG as well as devices iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Samsung, HTC, PSP, etc. Nearly original MP3 audio quality can be reserved thanks to its High-quality Engine. With a super user-friendly interface, it is very easy to use even for novices. It's testfied as a 100% clean and safe program without any virus, spyware, adware, etc.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
How to Convert DVD Audio to MP3 for Free with WinX DVD Ripper
Step 1. Insert the DVD you want to extract, and launch the DVD ripping software. You can load DVD by clicking "DVD Disc" button. It also supports DVD folder and ISO image files.
Step 2. Once loaded, the DVD's information, such as title, subtitle, duration, output etc., will be shown in the file list. Then a window will pop up to let you select the output format. To convert DVD to MP3 you can click "To Music" button and choose MP3. If you want to keep 100% audio quality, it will also convert DVD to 5.1 Channel AC3/DTS Dolby audio.
1. Convert part of DVD video to MP3 - You can extract a certain part of the DVD to MP3, such as the themed song, background music, a dialogue, etc., click the Edit button next to the selected DVD title. Here you can trim the part of DVD audio by dragging sliders to set start time and end time.
2. Change audio effect - If you want to change the original audio effect, such as the video quality, audio sample rate, audio channel, and so on, click the gear button next to the selected profile and make changes.
Step 3. Set output folder. After finishing the above settings, check the files needed to convert in the file list, and click "Start" button on the main interface to start converting the DVD movie to MP3. Then you can import the MP3 music to your player, mobiles, or editing software.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping/copying copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Way 2: How to Convert DVDs to MP3 with VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player doesn't focus on DVD ripping. It can't handle a wide range of DVDs and can't guarantee the output audio quality. If you have VLC installed on your computer, it is worth trying since you don't have to install other program. Follow steps below to extract MP3 audio from DVDs.
1. Open the VLC Media Player on your computer. Insert your DVD into the computer's disc drive.
2. Click the Media menu on the top, select Open Disc, select the DVD button. Choose the menu entry and click the Play button at the bottom. Now your DVD will play in the VLC. Click the Playback menu on the top, choose Title. You will see Title options. On the Playback menu, choose Chapter, Chapter options will appear, such as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc. Note the Title and Chapter number of the content from which you want to rip audio.
3. Click Media menu, choose Convert/Save and the Convert window pops up. Click the Profile drop-down box and select Audio-MP3 as the output.
4. Click the Browse button and choose a destination to store the converted MP3 audio file from the DVD. Click the Save button to close the window.
5. Click the Start button and start ripping DVDs to MP3 audio music files with VLC Media Player.
If VLC doesn't rip DVDs to MP3, refer to how to fix VLC not ripping DVDs on Windows and macOS.
Way 3: Convert DVDs to MP3 using Windows Media Player
Sorry, bad news. Windows Media Player doesn't support ripping DVDs to MP3. There are lots of users asking "How do I convert a DVD to MP3 using Windows Media Player?". So, some users believe that Windows Media Player can rip DVDs to MP3 audio. Windows Media Player can rip CDs to MP3 and copy/burn music and videos to a black CD or DVD. The function is available on Windows 8.7 and Windows 7.
What is DVD?
Digital Versatile Disc (DVD), a type of optical disk technology similar to the CD-ROM. DVDs are commonly used as a medium for digital representation of movies and other multimedia presentations that combine sound with graphics It consists of movies compressed in MPEG-2 format, allowing you to play them on DVD players and computer DVD-ROM drives.
What is MP3?
MP3 stands for MPEG1 (or MPEG2) Audio Layer III. MP3 is a popular compression format used for audio files on computers and portable devices. It supports compressions of up to 44 kHz.