"I have the entire Seinfeld TV series on DVDs. I would like to know how I can rip those episodes from DVDs that way I can watch them through my Plex Media Center."
Nowadays we have many ways to watch Games of Thrones, The Big Bang, The Twilight, VIKINGS, Sherlock, or other favorite TV series. We can choose to stream them from Netflix, HBO and the like, or purchase or rent DVDs. If we have TV shows on DVD, we really "own" them. But to be honest, DVDs always make a lot of troubles. We need to make room for storing discs and prevent those fragile things from being scratched. And, we must have DVD drive or DVD player to play them. We cannot play DVDs directly through iPhone, iPad, or Android devices. If you want to get rid of those troubles, now rip TV shows from DVD. Rip is a way to extract data from DVD without impacting the disc itself.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is a powerful tool that supports a wide range of DVD types, including TV series DVD, movie DVD, workout DVD, and music DVD, and so on. Check some vital features below.
Support DVDs of any region code
That is to say, all region code 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 DVDs are supported. No matter which country your TV shows DVDs come from, you can use this ripper to perform digitizing.
Unlock various DVD copy protections
Commercial movie and TV series DVDs are often created with copy protection schemes inbuilt. Luckily, this program can crack almost any DVD encryption technologies, such as CSS, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, and Disney X-Project.
Rip DVD to any popular format
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum comes with 350+ output profiles, covering all mainstream video formats to meet users' different needs. With this tool, you can rip TV shows DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, M2TS, MPEG, ISO file, VIDEO_TS folder, etc.
No.1 fast DVD ripping speed
This program supports multiple advanced technologies to speed up DVD conversion, among which level-3 hardware acceleration is the most notable one. This tech is based on Intel QSV and NVIDIA CUDA/NVENC, making use of CPU/GPU hardware acceleration in decoding, processing, and also encoding.
It's super easy to rip a DVD with multiple episodes. The tutorial below will show you how to copy TV series from DVD to hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, cloud storage, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.
1. Download and install WinX DVD Ripper Platinum or its Mac version. Free download for Windows || Free Download for Mac
2. Insert target TV show DVD into the inbuilt DVD drive or an external DVD drive connected to your computer.
TV shows DVD ripping procedure:
Step 1. Load the TV series DVD into the ripper.
Start up the DVD ripper and click "DVD Disc" button at the top left corner. Then a dialog box will show up. If you already insert the TV show DVD you want to rip, you should see it under "Select the source DVD disc". Now, all you need to do is to click the "OK" button.
Step 2. Specify output format.
Output Profile will prompt after step 1. What you should do in this step is to choose a profile based on your own needs. WinX DVD Ripper offers users 350+ profiles to address various needs. You can 1:1 clone a TV show DVD to a single ISO image, 1:1 clone a TV series DVD to a VIDEO_TS folder, rip episodic DVD to MP4 (H.264/MPEG4), AVI (DivX/Xvid), WMV, MOV, FLV, 3GP, M2TS, TS, etc., convert TV DVD for Apple iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony, or other devices.
Step 3. Select the episodes you want to rip.
After loading DVD, you should see lots of titles listed in the file window. Usually each title is an episode, but some titles are ads, tidbits, or other irrelevant things. All episodes in your TV series DVD can be detected. Double click on a title, and then you can check if the title is the episode you want through preview. You are allowed to select all titles or some of them for further ripping.
* Some discs are authored with a "PLAY ALL" title and if you encode this, you get all the episodes in one file. If you want to make each TV episode a separate file, you can extract the "PLAY ALL" title from DVD first and then split it into episodes.
▪ The pull-down menus on each title allow you to specify desired audio track and subtitle track.
▪ Click "Edit" button and then you will get access to a new panel where you can trim off unwanted beginning or ending part, crop off unsightly area, add external subtitle track, and adjust audio volume.
▪ Ticking "Merge titles", selected titles will be joined together as a single one.
▪ To adjust video audio parameters, such as bit rate, frame rate and resolution, please click the gear icon.
▪ Enable "Deinterlacing", and then this TV show DVD ripper will change your videos from interlaced to progressive scanning mode.
▪ Using Hardware Accelerator Intel/nVIDIA and multiple CPU cores can speed up TV series DVD ripping greatly.
▪ When "Use High Quality Engine" is enabled, the output quality will be better but the speed will be slower.
▪ "Safe Mode" is very useful to rip strictly encrypted DVDs. It can guarantee smooth ripping and well-organized output.
Step 4. Begin ripping TV show DVDs.
When you finish all settings, simply click "RUN" button at the bottom right corner to start ripping all selected episodes from DVD. Once done, the TV episodes will be saved to the output folder with names like xxx_Title1.mp4, xxx_Title2.mp4, xxx_Title3.mp4... Now, you can save your TV series into any devices or services you love for convenient playback and management.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Still have question on ripping TV episodes from DVDs? Please feel free to Email Us >>
Donna Peng has been working as a copywriter in Digiarty Software for many years. She has written loads of articles to help people handle their DVDs, videos and other stuff.