Microsoft has already announced to launch Windows 10 on July 29, 2015. What a pity that this new OS has killed off Windows Media Center, which means Windows 10 users cannot record the streaming video and burn it to DVD at one go without any other third-party tool's help. DVD disc burning software is a must-have on Windows 10, so this post will point to an absolutely free DVD burner for Windows (7/8.1/10) recommendation and detailed user guide may catch you by surprise if you'd like to burn your homemade videos to a writable DVD disc on your Windows OS, be it the latest Windows 10 or Windows 7/8.1/XP/Vista.
* Windows DVD Maker is only applicable on Home Premium/Enterprise/Ultimate editions of Windows Vista, as well as Home Premium/Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate editions of Windows 7. Furthermore, according to the Microsoft support resources, Windows DVD Maker user often encounter some error messages like "Unspecified error", "Invalid Class String". >> Windows DVD Maker Guide
* Windows Media Player (also WMP) is an all-in-one media player mainly running on Windows OS and Windows phones/pocket PCs. Its disc burning feature is actually used in data CD/DVD burning, not the kind of DVD-Video disc like general commercial movie DVD. >> Windows Media Player Burn CD/DVD Guide
* Windows Media Center (WMC) can act as both digital video recorder and media player on any Window OS (add-on for Windows 8), except Windows 10. With it, you can watch and manually record the video of any live TV programs or Netflix alike streaming movies, then burn the digital video to a DVD disc >> Windows Media Center Authoring DVD Guide
In light of the cons of Windows built-in DVD burning function, here we strongly recommend WinX DVD Burner to cozy up to all Windows users' DVD burning needs with the following reasons/features:
After free downloading WinX DVD Author and installing it on your Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10 following the wizard, and inserting a blank recordable/rewriteable DVD disc to computer DVD-ROM, do as the procedures below to burn DVD on Windows (10):
Step 1 - Open the free DVD burner for Windows 7/8.1/10 and Add source video(s) to it
Launch WinX DVD Author, and you will see 4 icons on the right interface from top to bottom for different needs:
• Video DVD Author (burn video to DVD);
• Video to VOB;
• VOB to DVD Compiler ( convert VOB to DVD folder);
• DVD Disc Burner (burn VOB/DVD folder to DVD) .
Here we should tap the conspicuous "Video DVD Author" icon to turn to video adding interface, click "+" button to add your source video(s) to WinX DVD Author, and then hit "Next Step";
Note: You can click setting icon on the bottom of the interface to define the default Image Ratio, Video Format, DVD Type, DVD language etc.
Step 2 - Personalize some DVD settings
You can add Title Menu as you like by clicking "T" icon, and if necessary, check "Add DVD Chapter Menu" option to have access to Chapter Menu for DVD videos. DVD background picture and music are also adjustable as you prefer. >> Free DVD Menu Creator
Step 3 - Have best free DVD burner for Windows 7/8.1/10 work
• "Output Folder" is the path to save the converted VOB file.
• "Encoder Engine" levels have different converting speed and output size, just pick one that suits you most.
Pressing "Start" button to the whole video to DVD process which consists of two parts: convert video to VOB file -> burn VOB file to DVD disc. Just take some time to complete. The whole DVD burning time varies from the video file(s) length and computer configuration.
Note: we propose you don't operate any other application when burning DVD. And once the DVD has been burned, you'd better test it to check out whether it plays well.
Best Free DVD Burner for Windows 7/8.1/10 Partner Software
If some of your HD camcorder videos are out of the WinX DVD Author supporting range, you can convert it to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV that are friendly to this best free DVD burner for Windows (10) with the aid of WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe for further DVD burning. Better still, this WinX Converter is capable of converting video to DVD profile, either NTSC or PAL DVD format.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.