"Most of the time, Amazon Prime Video app works fine, however, the streaming starts being buffering and choppy on my Roku TV. What kind of things can I do to fix the issue?"
Many users are experiencing one or more of the following misbehaviors when streaming Amazon Prime Video movies/TV episodes on Roku/Samsung/Sony smart TV, PS4, PCs, and Xbox.
Poor video quality
Below are some troubleshooting tips on getting back to the action.
Why Does My Amazon Prime Video Keep Freezing/Buffering
Low internet speed. There are internet speed requirements for streaming content from Amazon. 3Mb/s is recommended for SD quality content, 5Mb/s is recommended for HD video, 25Mb/s is for streaming Ultra HD 4k quality. If the connection is not fast enough, the streaming will freeze, buffer, or lag. There's commonly an error message on Amazon Prime Video telling insufficient bandwidth.
Outdated app/software. Amazon Prime Video streaming buffers if you are using an old version of the app or system.
Device issue. Device configuration issues can also cause Amazon Prime Video streaming to buffer, lag, or freeze.
Amazon problem. Some users reported that they got a freeze when streaming videos on Amazon Prime Video, but it was only Amazon. Streaming worked well on Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, and other sites. If so, there's no problem with your device, internet connection, but Amazon itself is to blame.
How Do I Get Amazon Prime to Stop Buffering
Improve your internet speed. There are a few things you can do. Restart the router, modem, and your Amazon Prime Video app device. Disconnect other devices from your network when watching Prime Video. Close bandwidth-intensive apps on your PCs or other devices while streaming Prime Video. Directly connect your Prime Video device to your router using an Ethernet cable. Pause the video when it seems choppy, stutters or audio gets off until the buffering finishes.
Lower streaming quality. Change to a lower resolution that works well for Amazon Prime video streaming. To do so, go to Prime Video app > Menu > Settings > Stream & Download, tap on Streaming Quality and Download Quality, adjust the video resolution to a lower one.
Download Amazon Prime Video titles. One way to avoid buffering is to download the movie or TV episodes you want to watch. A part of Amazon's video catalog has the download feature, such as some of Amazon's original programming. Prime Video members are limited to download 25 titles at a time.
Try other basic troubleshooting tips. Some commonly used tips for Amazon Prime Video buffering/freezing include Amazon app reinstallment, device restart, clearing cache, and data.
[Amazon Prime Video Help] Troubleshoot Prime Video Streaming Issues
1. Amazon Prime Video shows error code 9535, 5004, 1060, 7204, 7206, 8020, 9074, won't load/respond/connect, unable to play, to name a few. Check full guide to fixing Amazon Prime Video not working properly.
2. Amazon Prime Video TV episodes/movies are not available for streaming, with an error message "Video is unavailable in your location/country" or such likes. use our tips for Amazon Prime video unavailable.
3. When streaming a title on Amazon Prime Video, the app shows a black screen, with a message "call customer service at amazon.com/contact us." Learn fixes to Amazon Prime Video black screen with/without sound.
If you are sick of Amazon Prime Video, you can turn to Netflix, Hulu, and other streaming services. It's also a good way to watch DVD movies on TVs, mobile devices, or computers if you have easy access to DVDs.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Watch Movies/TV Episodes on DVDs Freely without Issues
- Digitize DVDs to H.264 MP4 etc. for playback on smart TVs, phones, tablets, computers.
- Auto bypass DVD region code, Disney DRM, CSS, and other protection tech.
- Support any type of DVDs, such as TV shows, 99-title DVDs, scratched DVDs, and more.
- 350+ preset profiles for HDTVs, Android/iOS/Windows phones, tablets, laptops, media players, etc.
- Keep nearly original video and sound quality. 47x faster thanks to GPU acceleration.
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Windows to watch DVDs movies/TV shows
Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac to watch DVDs movies/TV shows