The popping up Amazon Prime video unavailable error could be very annoying when you finally have some perfect time to catch up on some shows or movies. Here's a case:
"I have a prime membership. There was a movie I want to watch using a laptop. However I got the error - video is currently unavailable on all devices (FireTV, iPhone iPad Prime Video app). What could be the reason?"
What does currently unavailable mean on Amazon Video? That simply means you have no access to play the title on Amazon Prime. Why are Amazon Prime movies unavailable? How to fix the problem?
Troubleshoot Amazon Prime Video Unavailable
Only Some Certain Titles are Unavailable
Your Video Library with all the purchases and rentals is currently unavailable. Amazon explains that it is because "their agreements with the content provider don't allow purchases of this title at this time". It could happen to any streaming service like Netflix, Hulu. The right issue is a common reason. The list of Prime Video movies and TV shows is also always updating. Some titles are removed, and some new are added.
Video Is Unavailable in Your Location/Country
"This title is not available in your current location", or, "This title is not available in your country", the error message shows.
1. There's geo-restriction on nearly every streaming service including Amazon Prime. Contents are only available at a particular location, meaning that you can't access videos outside the country where you subscribed to Amazon Prime, for example, you can't watch UK-only content on the US.
2. If you are using a VPN, internet service, geo blocker, or other similar programs that change your location, turn them off. Such programs don't give your true location and Amazon Prime.
3. The change of payment method can also lead to the issue. Invalid Credit Card details or Cards outside the country might cause the error. Many users using Virtual Credit Card have experienced such error.
4. Turn off Antivirus software. Antivirus software and extension may block the location info and "This title is not available in your location" error may occur.
Titles are unavailable on some TVs, Tablets, and Smartphones.
Amazon Prime contents are not available on smart TVs, smartphones, and tablets. It could be something to do with your settings. Try the following tips.
1. Sign in Amazon Prime Video with your account, go to Accounts & Lists > Your Account > Video settings > video restrictions and check what device they apply to. Note that you can only stream Amazon Prime video simultaneously from one account on two devices.
2. Do a system restart of your device and it might go back to normal.
3. Try clearing Prime Video app data on your device. Head to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Amazon Prime Video, select Force Stop, then select Clear Data, and select Clear Data when Delete App Data message pops up. Steps may differ on some devices.
You should know that you have 30 days to begin watching the content after you download it from Amazon Prime Video. You should finish watching it within 48 hours.
Also learn how to fix Amazon Prime Video black screen.
Check more fixes to Amazon Prime Video not working errors, such as internet connection issues, insufficient bandwidth, error code 1060, 7306, 8020, 9003, 9074, etc.
Contact Amazon Prime Video support if the issue persists after trying all the above tips. Instead of Amazon Prime Video, you have many other similar streaming services to resort to, check Apple TV Plus vs Disney Plus vs Netflix to help decide which service to pick. Or download movies and TV shows from video sites for offline playback.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - Download Movies and TV shows from 1000+ sites
- Download 4K UHD/HD/720p films and series from YouTube, Instagram, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc.
- Transcode 4K HEVC MKV/WebM to MP4, H.264, AVI, for HDTVs, iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles.
- 100% secure, no ads, no virus, no popping-ups.
- Blazing-fast speed with Intel QSV, NVIDIA, or AMD GPU acceleration enabled.