Amazon Prime is definitely an awesome way to entertain yourself at home. Yet, the popping up Amazon Prime video unavailable error could be very annoying when you're trying to stream some virus movies or other titles to go through the tough time. Here's a case:
"Amazon Prime Video episode is currently unavailable. I finished watching some episodes, but wasn't able to watch other episodes with an error message saying that currently unavailable to watch this on the rest of the season."
What does currently unavailable mean on Amazon Video? That simply means you have no access to play the title on Amazon Prime. TV shows are not available in the middle of a season. There may be a technical issue or service outage. All you can do is waiting. Try restarting your device, resetting the cache to see if that helps. Check more troubleshooting tips below.
Troubleshoot Amazon Prime Video Unavailable
All the Titles Are Unavailable
In the special period of COVID-19, the dramatically increasing number of people staying at home has put a huge strain on broadband. Thus, there are times that the connection going down thoroughly, making all Amazon Prime videos unavailable. If this is the case, there is no better way than waiting for the carrier to solve the problem.
Your Video Library Temporarily Unavailable
Your purchases and rentals in your Video Library may be expired and you have no access to watch them on Prime Video. If the error is caused by a technical issue, the unavailable Prime Video content will be back soon.
Only Some Certain Titles/TV Shows Episodes Are Unavailable
Your Video Library with all the purchases and rentals is currently unavailable. Amazon explains that it is because "their agreements with the content provider don't allow purchases of this title at this time". It could happen to any streaming service like Netflix, Hulu. The right issue is a common reason. The list of Prime Video movies and TV shows is also always updating. Some titles are removed, and some new are added.
Video Is Unavailable in Your Location/Country
"This title is not available in your current location", or, "This title is not available in your country", the error message shows.
1. There's geo-restriction on nearly every streaming service including Amazon Prime. Contents are only available at a particular location, meaning that you can't access videos outside the country where you subscribed to Amazon Prime, for example, you can't watch UK-only content on the US.
2. If you are using a VPN, internet service, geo blocker, or other similar programs that change your location, turn them off. Such programs don't give your true location and Amazon Prime.
3. The change of payment method can also lead to the issue. Invalid Credit Card details or Cards outside the country might cause the error. Many users using Virtual Credit Card have experienced such error.
4. Turn off Antivirus software. Antivirus software and extension may block the location info and "This title is not available in your location" error may occur.
Titles Are Unavailable on Some TVs, Tablets, and Smartphones.
Amazon Prime contents are not available on smart Samsung/Sony/Apple TVs/Roku, smartphones, and tablets. It could be something to do with your settings. Try the following tips.
1. Sign in Amazon Prime Video with your account, go to Accounts & Lists > Your Account > Video settings > video restrictions and check what device they apply to. Note that you can only stream Amazon Prime video simultaneously from one account on two devices.
2. Do a system restart of your device and it might go back to normal.
3. Try clearing Prime Video app data on your device. Head to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Amazon Prime Video, select Force Stop, then select Clear Data, and select Clear Data when Delete App Data message pops up. Steps may differ on some devices.
You should know that you have 30 days to begin watching the content after you download it from Amazon Prime Video. You have to finish watching it within 48 hours.
Check more fixes to Amazon Prime Video not working errors, such as unable to play, not working on Samsung/Sony/Apple TV/Roku, internet connection issues, insufficient bandwidth, error code 1060, 7306, 8020, 9003, 9074, etc.
Contact Amazon Prime Video support if the issue persists after trying all the above tips. Instead of Amazon Prime Video, you have many other similar streaming services to resort to, check Apple TV Plus vs Disney Plus vs Netflix to help decide which service to pick. Or download movies and TV shows from video sites for offline playback.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - Download Movies and TV shows from 1000+ sites
- Download 4K UHD/HD/720p films and series from YouTube, Instagram, Dailymotion, Vimeo, etc.
- Transcode 4K HEVC MKV/WebM to MP4, H.264, AVI, for HDTVs, iPhone, iPad, Android mobiles.
- 100% secure, no ads, no virus, no popping-ups.
- Blazing-fast speed with Intel QSV, NVIDIA, or AMD GPU acceleration enabled.