How to Rip DVD with Multiple Titles? Which Title to Rip?
A DVD often comes with multiple titles, maximally 99 titles (most of them are fake with exactly the same run time). For this, you may have the following questions.
How to rip DVD with multiple titles into a single file or into separate files?
How to merge DVD titles?
Which is the correct main movie title to rip if there're some titles with similar length?
DVDs with 99 titles, which one is the correct?
Trying to rip family DVDs that have multiple titles, but HandBrake will only rip the first title.
All these questions will be answered in this post.
To rip a DVD, you can give WinX DVD Ripper Platinum a try. This program can auto detect the real main title from multiple and even 99 titles, merge titles, rip DVD with multiple titles into a single file, and rip DVD titles separate files based on your settings.
▪ DVDs you can import for ripping include: home-made family DVDs, old classic and newly-released purchased movie DVDs, TV episodes DVDs, music DVDs, workout DVDs, adult DVDs, and others. Even scratched discs can be read and ripped to specified format.
▪ Output formats you can choose: ISO, MP4, H.264, MPG, AVI, WMV, MOV, MP3, AAC, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android device, Xbox, PS4, YouTube, etc.
▪ Technologies used to improve speed: Intel QSV, NVIDIA CUDA, NVENC GPU hardware acceleration, multi-core CPU utilization, Hyper-threading technology, and Super Encode Engine based on MMX- SSE & 3DNow!
▪ Tweaking and editing options contain: trim, crop, expand, add external subtitle, adjust bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, resolution, aspect ratio, etc.
Free download WinX DVD Ripper on your PC or Mac and follow our guide below to rip multiple-title DVD to desired format.
How to Rip DVD with Multiple Titles?
Before any further, you need to:
1. Download, install, and open WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
2. Insert target DVD into DVD drive.
3. Prepare your storage device, for example external hard drive and USB flash drive, and ensure you have enough space.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.
Then, let's get started.
Step 1. Click DVD Disc button at the top left corner of WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to load source DVD.
Step 2. Select output profile based on your own needs.
Step 3. Specify title. By default, this DVD ripping software will check the correct main movie title for you automatically (or, you can use VLC to determine what title to choose for the main movie). So you won't be haunted by the questions like "which title to rip" and "which is the real title" that MakeMKV and HandBrake users often ask.
If you just want to convert the main movie to target format, simply keep it as default. Of course, you can also check other title(s) to rip. Check Merge Titles if you want to rip DVD with multiple titles into a single file. No extra video joiner is required.
Step 4. Check the destination folder and see if you need to change it. Hit RUN to begin extracting selected title(s) from DVD.
Free tools like HandBrake and MakeMKV are not as intelligent as WinX DVD Ripper Platinum while handling DVDs with multiple titles. In most cases, they cannot find out the real title from multiple fake titles. They might be unable to deliver decent resulting files as you expect.
So, if you encounter some problems with HandBrake, VLC, or something else which ripping a DVD with multiple titles, free download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to have a try. It won't disappoint you.