Is Windows Movie Maker Free – Windows Movie Maker Download for Windows 10/11
Is Windows Movie Maker free? Download best Windows movie maker for Windows 10/11 to edit video and create moving slideshows/movies.
Q: Is Windows Movie Maker free?
A: Yes. Windows Movies Maker is a free video editing program developed by Microsoft. It is a part of Windows Live Essentials suite and is capable of creating and editing videos as well as publishing the created videos onto YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, OneDrive and Flickr. But there are some facts about Windows Movie Maker download for Windows (10/11) you may need to know.
Microsoft Free Windows Movie Maker for Windows (7/8/10/11):
Initial release: September 14, 2000
Stable release: 2012 (v16.4.3528.0331) (April 17, 2014)
Development status: Discontinued. Windows Movie Maker was officially announced discontinued on January 10, 2017, and was not available for download any more.
Operating platforms: Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
Included with: Windows Vista/XP/ME
Available in: 64 languages
Program type: Free video editing software
Official website: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker
Microsoft no longer offers download of Windows Movie Maker on Windows 11. To make movies or create video further, you can resort to the Photos app. You can visit here for more Windows 11 features and problems.
2023 Best Windows Movie Maker Alternative for Windows 10/11 Download
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - Allow you to easily make stylish movie videos with favorite photos/images and music on Windows 10/8/7, as well as edit, trim, crop, merge videos, and add external subtitles to video. The export format could be MP4, H.264, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, or any other popular format. The output video resolution can be 2160p/1080p/720p/480p, etc.
Unique: This tool is also capable of converting all popular videos from one format to another with no hassle.
Strapped for time? Click one of the links below to jump straight to your most interested part.
Part 1: Pros and Cons of Free Microsoft Windows Movie Maker Windows (10)
1. Windows Movie Maker is a free and open-source video making/editing application able to create movies/photo slideshows and edit video.
2. It provides many video effects which can be applied into video making. It supports importing music and synchronizing it with the video, adding subtitles, cropping video, etc.
3. Windows Movie Maker 2012 supports hardware acceleration which can speed up the video encoding and exporting process.
4. It is easy to share the created movie/video to social networks like YouTube, Facebook, etc.
1. Free Windows Movie Maker is too simple for advanced users. For more professional video editing operations, advanced users should look elsewhere.
2. Windows Movie Maker application is included within Windows 7/Vista system, which means whether you use it or not, it would be a part of your Windows operating system.
3. The supported input video formats by Windows Movie Maker are limited to AVI, WMV, MP4, MPEG, MOV, M2TS and a few more. If you’d like to edit MKV, HEVC/H.265, FLV, etc., you are out of luck with Microsoft free Windows (10) Movie Maker.
4. It may crash sometimes and you have to restart making video from the beginning.
5. It does not include dedicated and instant technical support.
Facts Need to Know about Free Windows Movie Maker Windows (10)
2. Using free Windows Movie Maker to edit and make movie/video, the output format is MP4 (H.264) by default. Supposing you want to output the edited video to other popular formats like FLV, MOV, you’d better switch to a more versatile video editor & converter.
Part 2: Best Windows Movie Maker 2021 Download for Windows 10
If you do not want to use the outdated Windows Movie Maker, don’t see any suitable movie making apps in Windows Store on Windows 10, or encounter problems when using free Microsoft Windows (10) Movie Maker to create/edit video, you may find some best alternative programs to Windows Movie Maker to make great movies/slideshows on Windows 10.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is a fantastic choice. This hand-picked cool video editor and slideshow maker for Windows (10) allows users to edit video, merge, trim, crop, subtitle video, add photos and background music to create vivid movie/slideshows with no effort to share with friends or upload to YouTube, Facebook, etc. It enables you to create professional-looking video with stunning effects, and convert/export the created movie video to almost any format on Windows (10). 370+ output video/audio codecs supported.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is not merely a Windows (10) movie maker. It is also a highly recommended outstanding video converter. Use it to convert almost any video from one format to another at superfast speed with Hardware Acceleration supported.
Guide on How to Use Best Windows (10) Movie Maker to Create/Edit Video
Free download and install this amazing Windows movie maker on Windows 10/8/7, etc. and the detailed guide below will tell how to use WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to create amazing personal videos/slideshows with beautiful photos and music, as well as edit, trim, crop videos, add external SRT subtitles to videos, etc.
How to make great movie/photo slideshow videos:
Step 1 – Add material
Put all your favorite photos which you'd like to add into the slideshow video in photo folders first on Windows 10. Launch WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe and click "Photo" button to import the photo/image folder into the program.
Step 2 – Choose output
Choose output format like MP4 in the pop-up Output Profile Window. Many PC, Mac, DVD, Web video formats and numerous Apple/Android device profiles are available for your choice. And click "OK".
Step 3 – Edit video and add effects
Click "Edit" button to add, delete photos, add preferred background music, set slideshow interval time, etc.
Click the wheel-like icon to freely adjust video/audio parameter settings, set video/audio codec, change video frame rate, bit rate, resolution, aspect ratio, and more.
You can follow the same process to make more than one videos and later click "Merge" to combine them into one output video file.
Step 4 – Start creating video on Windows (10)
Click "Browse" to set a destination folder to store the created video, and hit "RUN" to start the movie video making process on Windows (10) immediately.
How to edit video with best Windows (10) movie maker 2020
Step 1 - Import footage to the program
Click "+Video" button on the main UI and load the source video into the software.
Step 2 - Select output
Specify a desired output format from the supported Output Profile list and click "OK".
Step 3 – Edit video
Click "Edit" icon to step into video editing window. Here you can trim a part of a video, crop & expand video frame, add external SRT subtitles to video, adjust video soundtrack volume.
Step 4 - Start video editing and converting
When everything is settled, then you can hit "RUN" to kick off editing and converting videos on Windows (10) at ultrafast speed without quality loss.
Start your easy video/slideshow making project now with the best Windows Movie Maker for Windows (10) - WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
Then you can:
1. Fast transfer the created movie video to iPhone (11/Pro/Max), iPad Pro/Air 2, etc. with top mobile transfer software.
2. Stream the personal-made marvelous movie video to HDTV to watch with families and friends with most popular media player – 5KPlayer.
3. Upload the funny creative video/slideshow to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Whatsapp to share with other people.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - 2023 Best Windows 10 Movie Maker & Video Converter
• Convert video: Convert almost any video, convert MKV, HEVC/H.265, M2TS, AVCHD, AVI, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, VOB, FLV, etc. with ease.
• Edit video: Crop, trim and add subtitles to video. Adjust video/audio parameters, aspect ratio, resolution, frame rate, bit rate and more.
• Make slideshow: Make spectacular photo slideshows with beautiful background music to share with friends or upload to social network.
Related External Sources from Wiki:
Windows 10 - Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed and released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems...
Windows Movie Maker - A video editing software by Microsoft. It is a part of Windows Essentials software suite and offers the ability to create and edit videos as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr...