How to Cut Video Clips from a DVD on Windows or Mac
Ever wondered how to make a video clip from a DVD? The process begins with extracting the video clip itself. In various scenarios, you might find the need to extract video clips from a DVD. Whether you're aiming to share a specific scene on YouTube, integrate it into a PowerPoint presentation, or delve into editing using software like Adobe Premiere Pro, the process remains essential. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps of effectively cutting a video clip from a DVD to cater to your diverse requirements.
Firstly, Free Download the Best DVD Video Cutter
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum combines DVD ripping and DVD editing features. It allows you to digitize DVD, cut DVD, crop DVD, and do more. Free download this tool and then you can:
- Cut a video clip from a home-made or store-bought DVD. It handles purchased DVDs well even if they are encrypted by region code, CSS, APS, UOPs, Sony ARccOS, Disney X-project, etc.
- Cut a specific length of a DVD movie, trim unwanted parts from the movie, remove the commercials and extras, etc.
- Save the cut DVD video in MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG2, MP3, and 350+ profiles.
- Crop black bars and some unwanted scenes from DVD.
- Change aspect ratio, such as from 4:3 to 16:9.
- Add external subtitle to your DVD.
- Merge titles and rip a DVD with multiple titles into a single file.
How to Cut a Video Clip from DVD on PC/Mac
It is very simple to cut out a clip from a DVD on Windows with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. For Mac users, they should use WinX DVD Ripper for Mac. Here is the guide.
Step 1. Load DVD.
Put target DVD into the DVD drive. Open WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and click DVD Disc button to have the DVD imported into this DVD ripper.
Step 2. Select output format.
You need to specify which format you want to save the extracted file as. There are more than 350 output profiles you can choose.
- General Profiles: MP4 Video, AVI Video (Divx/Xvid+MP3), iPhone/iPad, Android Phone/Pad, WMV Video (WMV2+WAV2)...
- DVD Backup: Main Title Content Copy, Full Title Copy, Clone DVD to ISO Image, Clone DVD to Folder.
- Device Profile: Apple Device, Android Pad, Android Mobile, Microsoft Device, Sony Device, Other Devices
- Web Video Profile: YouTube Video, Facebook Video, Vimeo Video, General Web Video...
For example, you can go to General Profiles and select MP4 Video.
Step 3. Cut DVD video.
Check the title that contains the video clip you want to extract, and then click the Edit button on the title. Now, you should come to the video editing panel. Within this interface, locate and select the Trim tab, check Enable Trim, and then set the start time and end time of the clip you want to take from the DVD. Alternatively, you can use the sliders under the preview window to cut your selection.
Step 4. Start extracting video clip from DVD.
Click Browse to set the destination folder and hit RUN button to rip and extract the video clip you just choose. It won't take you too much time, as its speed can reach 300-500 FPS by utilizing Intel CPU, Nvidia GPU, Multi-core CPU, and Hyper-threading technology.
Tips: If you want to compile a collection of short video clips from different DVDs to create a montage or compilation video, you can make use of WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. This versatile tool can merge videos, cut clips from videos, convert, and compress videos.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping and burning commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.